No Start

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
Rizzer

No Start

Post by Rizzer »

2004 ZZ4 350. Started two days ago. Ran five minutes to warm up. Next day, fired for a few seconds and quit. Now it won't start. Napa fuel pump not pumping. Changed to new Napa fuel pump. Still not pumping. Still not starting. Lights, gauges, starter, motor crank over. Seems like fuel pump not getting power. All fuses appear OK. Changed the stock ST 80 to a cross referenced Cole Hersee Co 24063. Same result. Motor cranks over, but not the fuel pump ? What else powers the fuel pump ? The old pump works on a battery test ?
Last edited by Rizzer on Tue May 14, 2019 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SaultSteMarieOntarioCanada
V8s R PRICELE$$ THERAPY
502wingman

Re: No Start

Post by 502wingman »

Water- and fuelpump are runing on the same fuse. Nice idea but that 30amp fuse uses the same "much to thin for that load" cable like the rest of the bike.

Happend to me that the cable going into the fusebox was melted (rotten) but the fuse in the box was ok.
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
Rizzer

Post by Rizzer »

Thank you 502Wingman. You steered me to the fix. I didn't realize that both the water pump and the fuel pump were on the same fuse, and the water pump wasn't working, or the fuel pump. The 25 amp fuse looked OK, not broke, just brown on one side in the plastic. As soon as I put in a new 25 amp fuse, the fuel pump and water pump engaged. With that good sign, I put the original Napa fuel pump back on, and the original Napa ST 80, and the Boss fired right up. Awesome ! All wires to the fuse panel are good. Thanx again Wingman.
Last edited by Rizzer on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SaultSteMarieOntarioCanada
V8s R PRICELE$$ THERAPY
Puff

Post by Puff »

Peter,

Do you receive a diagnostic fee ??
:germany:
Bill Van Sant

502wingman

Post by 502wingman »