Oil pressure sender

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
knockdolian

Oil pressure sender

Post by knockdolian »

Hi all. Would anyone know the part number for a 96 SB oil pressure sender please. I’ve googled it but there seems to be lots listed at different pressure range. Thanks
Dip Shit 434

Re: Oil pressure sender

Post by Dip Shit 434 »

if you have a oil pressure gauge depending on what the maximum is on the gauge, 60psi, 80 psi etc, will be relevant to the sending unit and its usage. easiest method is if you possibly knew what car or truck the motor came from (if it did come from car or truck) and go from there,, and again the maximum on the pressure gauge.
Also PSI rating is usually stamped into the side of the pressure sending unit.

Darryl
knockdolian

Post by knockdolian »

Dip Shit 434 wrote:if you have a oil pressure gauge depending on what the maximum is on the gauge, 60psi, 80 psi etc, will be relevant to the sending unit and its usage. easiest method is if you possibly knew what car or truck the motor came from (if it did come from car or truck) and go from there,, and again the maximum on the pressure gauge.
Also PSI rating is usually stamped into the side of the pressure sending unit.

Darryl
Thanks, never have been able to identify my engine. I took the old one off and saw it was VDO. I contacted them and they pointed out the info is on the flats where you use the spanner. They told me the part I needed. It came yesterday and all is good
Dip Shit 434

Post by Dip Shit 434 »

if your engine is a chevy motor you can get the serial number / reference code that is stenciled on the block and this will tell you what you have, yr model, CI etc. Engine Code Stamping Numbers
All engines are stamped with an engine ID code, consisting of assembly plant code, production date and suffix code. V8 codes are stamped on a pad just forward of the right side (passenger) cylinder head. 6 cylinder engines are stamped on the passenger side of the block behind the distributor.

http://www.nastyz28.com/chevy-engine-co ... php#suffix

the above link gives some descriptions of engine codes
i am sure you can determine what engine you have with a little research

Darryl