Questions

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
hogv8

Questions

Post by hogv8 »

I've owned my 2000 Boss Hoss for 18 years and I remember that not only myself but there were dozens of us that were constantly asking tech questions and giving advise to help each other sort out any problems when we could . I know the newer bikes have fewer problems but I sure miss those days when we all helped each other sort out any problems that popped up . Maybe that's it , because of those days no one has a problem they can't figure out for themselves from the advise in the archives or they just take them the a Boss hoss shop and let the technicians figure it out . $$$$
Oh well , I guess I just have the winter time blues waiting to head to Daytona for 3 weeks . See some of you guys there .
mmaupin

Re: Questions

Post by mmaupin »

I agree, always glad to see a technical posting. Many times, a small tip can save allot of time and money.

By far, I am not the first to do this, but I have recently grown to be very fond of the tire balancing beads. My local tire shop mounts MC tires for me, but have no way to balance the tires. The beads I have used are actually #9 birdshot.

Any one else have experience with balancing beads?
Regards,

Mark

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

mmaupin wrote:I agree, always glad to see a technical posting. Many times, a small tip can save allot of time and money.

By far, I am not the first to do this, but I have recently grown to be very fond of the tire balancing beads. My local tire shop mounts MC tires for me, but have no way to balance the tires. The beads I have used are actually #9 birdshot.

So there is a chance that if your tires blow in a park, you could actually gain a Pigeon or Squirrel Dinner???
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Paul H

Post by Paul H »

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Like both of you I have been ready and willing to help anybody I can with what I have learned through owning
one of the greatest V8 motorcycles. I'm always sending
PM's to members with my phone number so they call me
so I can help them with my limited knowledge...

Paul H
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Paul H wrote::iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Like both of you I have been ready and willing to help anybody I can with what I have learned through owning
one of the greatest V8 motorcycles. I'm always sending
PM's to members with my phone number so they call me
so I can help them with my limited knowledge...

Paul H
Geez Paul...you must be out of knowledge by now...lol

It is different as not near as many questions get asked but that is probably a good thing.

Too bad so few Boss Hoss owners have actually found this Forum.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Paul H

Post by Paul H »

Barry, Most of my knowledge is only on the older bikes.
Some of it does carry over and some of it is just
plain nuts and bolts basic adjusting and tuning. On the ones that don't know about this and the other site just
don't want to do there own work at home. Anybody
who can afford a new or newer BH can also afford to have someone else do there work, IMHO.
My memory is maybe the only thing about me that is
in good working order.
I do love both sites and try to help them all.

Paul H
mmaupin

Post by mmaupin »

petitemoose wrote:
mmaupin wrote:I agree, always glad to see a technical posting. Many times, a small tip can save allot of time and money.

So there is a chance that if your tires blow in a park, you could actually gain a Pigeon or Squirrel Dinner???
Absolutely!
Regards,

Mark

Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

Jack, they were different times back then for sure. For me, I was so exited to get my V8 bike and move up to all that power and coolness. But soon after I saw several things that I didn't like ,or things that didn't work right , and my wife gave me the "you had to have that" speech more than once when more money was needed to fix it.
The tech forum was a great place to go for seeking help and fixing things without the boss knowing about all the problems that helped me take care of.
Now, between Google and YouTube anything can be found .
In a way it's good the early bikes had all those problems because look how many friend connections thats created.
I'm looking forward to meeting you in person and seeing your machine, it's gorgeous !!!! Enjoy Daytona, I'm still working..
The Mindless Philosopher

Post by The Mindless Philosopher »

I have little doubt I'll have more tech tips to provide once I get my 2001 trike back on the road. So far I've enjoyed the range of tips and tricks I've learned on the forums and via PM's phone calls with other members.