Speedhut Speedo

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
Orlando606VetteTrike

Speedhut Speedo

Post by Orlando606VetteTrike »

Finally received my new speedo after a month of waiting. Can’t wait to see it all lit up.
Attachments
A748B66F-F3A8-44E9-BABE-366985994BD1.jpeg
Last edited by Orlando606VetteTrike on Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008 606 Corvette Trike
mmaupin

Re: Speedhut Speedi

Post by mmaupin »

Looks nice with the BH logo. You will enjoy it. So happy I went with the Speedhut several years ago.
Regards,

Mark

Orlando606VetteTrike

Looks like a very well made piece. Like a great piece of jewelry.
2008 606 Corvette Trike
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

SpeedHut............................................. I'm mixed on them, I want to love them but can't, at least not for motorcycle applications.

SpeedHut is tops when it comes to customization; customer able to upload logo's, colors, designs of their choice which is fantastic and final product looks awesome. SpeedHut has so many optional features such as Km/MpH, speed times for 0-60, 1/4 mile, built-in turn signal indicators, etc; they intend to capture the market by offering super-cool, customized products to the world for a very fair price.

SpeedHut sucks when it is installed on a motorcycle because it isn't even water resistant, much less water-proof.

I have this one on Berzerker, fogged-up first time I took Berzerker outside of my shop for road testing.

At Daytona Bike Week 2016, every damn factory new Trike had SpeedHut gauges fogging-up if left in the sun; I was so fucking embarrassed, to top it off the trikes EFI system / tune was total crap and they ran poorly.

I made-up my mind then and there to sort that problem using top-shelf products, went with Holley EFI, everything totally 100% guaranteed water-proof.

BH factory now using FAST EFI; FAST is a Top-Shelf company supports BH with world-class behind-the scenes engineering and tech support. Bill Banks did well by forming a business alliance with David Page at FAST; anyone purchasing a new bike or trike will be absolutely thrilled with the way these bikes perform.

We spoke with SpeedHut, great guys, but they weren't going to fix the problem; again, SpeedHut is awesome for a car or on anything where it is not exposed directly to weather.

Rick
Attachments
Holley.jpg
sppedhut.jpg

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Drink when you're thirsty
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

Grand Canard wrote:We spoke with SpeedHut, great guys, but they weren't going to fix the problem; again, SpeedHut is awesome for a car or on anything where it is not exposed directly to weather.
Rick, I couldn't agree more. When I ride to Bike Week and Sturgis, I camp. That means the BH sleeps outside. I'm on my fourth SpeedHut speedo. This ain't rocket surgery. Someone should be able to solve this. Dennis
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

From what I am reading, it looks like you may want to take that dude apart and run some silicone along the inside of the dial glass before you Install it Gerry
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
mmaupin

Post by mmaupin »

Granted, the Speedhut speedo is not waterproof. Given that, when I wash my bike, I use Saran wrap and a rubber band to seal it up.

On many cases, I have driven through very heavy rains with the bike on the back of my truck unprotected from the elements. After those episodes of getting wet, the speedo always works. As Rick mentioned there is some fogging on the inside of the lens, but that dries out.

I wish Speedhut would make them waterproof.
Regards,

Mark

Orlando606VetteTrike

Re: Speedhut Speedo

I did tell them to add the silicone to it during assembly. An option they offer. I'll wait and see the outcome. Heck we all know how these machines all have some little thing..I'll update after installed and riden for a while.

Thanks everyone for the great input.
2008 606 Corvette Trike
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

orlando502 wrote:I did tell them to add the silicone to it during assembly.
That's a bandaid, not a fix.
Orlando606VetteTrike

Well, after having this speedo in use for about a month I have noticed that it's off 5 mph. So, I call them and chatted with tech support who tells me its probably the other guys bike is incorrect. So, I ride next to another friend and compare to Waze and again 5mph off. I proceed to call again, and eventually find out after scrolling to last page of the odometer that its programmed to 200 mph instead of 220 mph. After bike week i'll send it back. Overall I do like the unit and would recommend it.
2008 606 Corvette Trike