F.A.S.T. EFI for older bikes and trikes

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
Ron Radulski

Re: F.A.S.T. EFI for older bikes and trikes

Post by Ron Radulski »

CanuckHoss wrote:Someone on Facebook just posted that Tom at Mountain has been doing this for years with the F.A.S.T. setup...WTF?..why doesn't this stuff come out..not sure if true or not.

Can anyone confirm??
A friend of mine told me just the other day that while at Mountain Boss Hoss Annual Open House this past June he was talking with Tom about F.A.S.T. and Tom was still a carb guy. I'm pretty sure he told me that Bob, Tom's head mechanic thought F.A.S.T. was a good set-up, but Tom wasn't convinced yet. Don't hold me to that Barry! Just what I heard. LOL
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Triker wrote:
CanuckHoss wrote:Someone on Facebook just posted that Tom at Mountain has been doing this for years with the F.A.S.T. setup...WTF?..why doesn't this stuff come out..not sure if true or not.

Can anyone confirm??
A friend of mine told me just the other day that while at Mountain Boss Hoss Annual Open House this past June he was talking with Tom about F.A.S.T. and Tom was still a carb guy. I'm pretty sure he told me that Bob, Tom's head mechanic thought F.A.S.T. was a good set-up, but Tom wasn't convinced yet. Don't hold me to that Barry! Just what I heard. LOL
No problem..at least some info is coming forward.

I know 3 Canadians that took their bikes to Mountain 3 years ago, maybe 4, and all were featured in the Boss Hoss Country mag. None of them were given the option of EFI after their motor rebuilds and upgrades.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Orlando606VetteTrike

Post by Orlando606VetteTrike »

Mike Kelly from Summit/Vanquish has said for the couple years I’ve know him that FAST was his choice out of all that he’s tried. Him and Marv are my two go to guys when it comes to performance information.
2008 606 Corvette Trike
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

I guess I am just the only Dealer to be vocal on the Forums and share what I am doing.

When I contacted Mike last November about doing the EFI on my 502 trike during the winter he said it would be a LOT of work and very very expensive. He never mentioned FAST.

Had I known then what I know now and found this week that the F.A.S.T. EFI would fit so well I would have chosen it and ben done at $1,100 USD and not have to change the intake for the Holley Sniper.
CanuckHoss

Ron Radulski

Post by Ron Radulski »

CanuckHoss wrote:I guess I am just the only Dealer to be vocal on the Forums and share what I am doing.

When I contacted Mike last November about doing the EFI on my 502 trike during the winter he said it would be a LOT of work and very very expensive. He never mentioned FAST.

Had I known then what I know now and found this week that the F.A.S.T. EFI would fit so well I would have chosen it and ben done at $1,100 USD and not have to change the intake for the Holley Sniper.
Barry, I think I'm speaking for most, if not all of us on this forum. We truly appreciate your information, and how fast you update what you are doing from day to day, sometimes it seems like from hour to hour! Your honesty is something else that has to be admired! Keep up the good work informing everyone on this site! Triker
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Triker wrote:
CanuckHoss wrote:I guess I am just the only Dealer to be vocal on the Forums and share what I am doing.

Barry, I think I'm speaking for most, if not all of us on this forum. We truly appreciate your information, and how fast you update what you are doing from day to day, sometimes it seems like from hour to hour! Your honesty is something else that has to be admired! Keep up the good work informing everyone on this site! Triker

Thank you..really appreciated.
CanuckHoss

Ulyssesj

Post by Ulyssesj »

I also would like to add that it sounds like you have a few intelligent guys working for you. That goes a long way towards getting things done and done properly. That also helps posting relevant information that's up to date.
Thank you for your input and all your information.
Ulyssesj
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Ulyssesj wrote:I also would like to add that it sounds like you have a few intelligent guys working for you. That goes a long way towards getting things done and done properly. That also helps posting relevant information that's up to date.
Thank you for your input and all your information.
Ulyssesj
Thank you for your words.

I do have two of the best Journeyman Techs around...nothing stumps them.
CanuckHoss

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Another friend /customer of mine in Eastern Canada has bought the F.A.S.T. for his SB trike and will be installing soon...maybe he will take more pictures as he is doing the work and update and post.
CanuckHoss

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

I only got a couple hours of riding the new FAST last October.

I have been riding it for the past 3 weeks and it never missed a beat...highway or city..it rocks!! throttle response is better than the old factory EFI...everything seems better.

I believe my guys have it nailed and the trike will be ready for Florida shipping as soon as I do the rear upgrade kit for the brakes...which has got to be soon as the window for shipping is closing in already.
CanuckHoss

rocketsteve

Post by rocketsteve »

The fuel in the UK has now changed to E10 which is no good for my Holley Double Pumper, E5 is almost impossible to find at fuel stations and risk running dry (again) while hunting for E5! >:-(
So Barry has convinced me to buy the FAST EFI 30227 - 06 kit on eBay ~ $1,667.17
Looks like fun to fit...
To test a man's character, give him (Hoss) power.
knockdolian

Post by knockdolian »

Just been reading back through all this information. Can’t believe this post is four years old. I didn’t even think I’d had the trike that long !! Has there been any issues with this system now it’s getting on a bit. I’ve seen on YouTube F.A.S.T 2 is available but some have had problems. Looks like I’ll be ordering as well now we have E10