Headlight modulators and CAN-Bus.

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
TXscooterguy

Headlight modulators and CAN-Bus.

Post by TXscooterguy »

My 2015 Coupe has a Speedhut CAN-Bus speedometer. Does that mean if I want to install a headlight modulator, I need to buy one that's designed for CAN-Bus vehicles? Thanks.
craig haymaker

Re: Headlight modulators and CAN-Bus.

Post by craig haymaker »

You are good to go Dennis. Your CAN-Bus comm. wiring is only between your instruments, ECM and TCM. Headlight power is off a relay. I run the Kisan Technologies # P115W-S model. Personally Dennis, I would not ride without one, and have used them on most all past bikes. They pretty much eliminate those dangerous "left turns" in front of you at intersections !
Craig H.
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Totally agree , modulators save lives . Wouldn't ride without one no matter how squirrely some people think they look .
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

Thanks guys. I've had a modulator on my earlier bikes/trikes for thousands of miles. Can't tell you how many times people that were stopped at a red light would shout to me that there was something wrong with my headlight. I'd thank them and smile. The modulator got their attention. I read once where a professor claimed that because our eyes are set horizontally, not vertically, we're programed to look for horizontal items. Motorcycles have a vertical profile. Thus anything that makes the bike appear wider (outboard auxiliary running lights, etc.) helps. Trikes should fair better than bikes.