One speed tranny plumbing

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
Hoss97

One speed tranny plumbing

Post by Hoss97 »

Hi all,
Haven't been posting much recently because of work and trying to get my old clutch bike converted to a one speed auto. The problem is there are 4 lines for the one speed and only 2 on the newer 2 speed up with reverse. Trying to figure out what goes where. Anyone ever work on these old transmissions? If so let me know. Thanks

Steve
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Re: One speed tranny plumbing

Post by Carl La Fong »

Looking at pix of my old trans. The two on the left are the cooler lines, but I'll be damned if I can remember where the other two go. Maybe the filter??? Someone will know.
I should have taken more pix, but I was not planning on putting the one speed back in so, at the time, it didn't matter
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
Hoss97

Post by Hoss97 »

Thx Carl, hopefully someone else knows.

Steve
Hoss97

Post by Hoss97 »

I figured out the tranny plumbing last night. Took the bike out to see how she rides and my rear caliber starts leaking... Pull that apart now I need o rings.
Always something.
Will need a parking brake now that I don't have the clutch anymore, add that to the list.

Steve
Bhilldw0111

Post by Bhilldw0111 »

Hoss97 wrote:I figured out the tranny plumbing last night. Took the bike out to see how she rides and my rear caliber starts leaking... Pull that apart now I need o rings.
Always something.
Will need a parking brake now that I don't have the clutch anymore, add that to the list.

Steve
Almost no one uses that funky parking brake that comes on a bike with a 1 or 2 speed auto, I think for fear of leak off and roll away, also I have heard that they can become stuck and require bleed off to get going again. You can just do like a lot of guys do and put a shim in your front brake lever while it is pulled back, Or like I do just always park on level ground. But if you just insist on the brake you should be able to find someone who has one on a shelf, there have been some completely removed, I'm Sure. Good luck with your new tranny.
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

I know Jack custom made a lever that flips to hold front brake on..I think he got one from a 4 wheel atv and fabrication mounts for it..Real nice and easy set up..But he does everything nice..
phpBB [video]
Hoss97

Post by Hoss97 »

You guys seem to be right about the parking brake, after reading your posts checked past posts and many problems with them, either level ground or a shim or something other to hold the front brake in place will be good. Was hoping to ride over the long weekend, but a few problems have poped up that i have to take care ( victoria day weekend in canada ).

Alternator not charging properly now, staying at about 12 volts, not draining completely but dont trust it enough to take it out for a ride.

Just have to find the right alternator, should I buy new or just rebuild?

At least the black paint looks good, to bad its stationary,

Steve