Cruise control

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
Ronald
$ite $upporter

Cruise control

Post by Ronald »

The 2012 and up Boss Hoss come with cruise control, but only works with those models, mine is a 2009, has anyone adapted a cruise control to your bike? if so, could you post what and how you did it?
Thanks in advance and have a great week :ridding:

if it has a solution, why to worry? and if not, why to worry?
Buck
$ite $upporter

Re: Cruise control

Post by Buck »

do a search on the "other" V8 site, there are several options available including a simple throttle lock, such as the one offered by 2wheelride.com
Buck
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Buck wrote:do a search on the "other" V8 site, there are several options available including a simple throttle lock, such as the one offered by 2wheelride.com
Buck
I personally find that due to the power in these trikes like Buck says a good throttle lock / holder works pretty decent..especially with my 502 trike.

I just need a break once in a while and don't miss an actual cruise control.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Butkicker

Post by Butkicker »

My 2009 trike has electronic Cruze call Tim @ boss hoss concepts he installed it I do not know they brand
mdwdvm

Post by mdwdvm »

CanuckHoss wrote:
Buck wrote:do a search on the "other" V8 site, there are several options available including a simple throttle lock, such as the one offered by 2wheelride.com
Buck
I personally find that due to the power in these trikes like Buck says a good throttle lock / holder works pretty decent..especially with my 502 trike.

I just need a break once in a while and don't miss an actual cruise control.
I've used two different types of throttle locks on my bikes. The first link here is to one that I had on my small block that worked well.
http://www.mycruisemate.com/

The second is one that I'm currently using on my big block.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Go-Cruise-Throt ... 1697713642

My use has been primarily for warming the bike up and not for cruise control on the road, although I did use the first one on my small block for that purpose several times. Both of these seem to work well, as long as you have them set where they will hold the throttle but yet 'slip' when you want to suddenly throttle down. I like the Go-Cruise lock that I'm using now in that it can easily be removed, which I usually do since I'm only using it at warm-up. I leave the silicone 'rubber band' in place at the top of the grip all the time.
Mike Wallace - Watertown, MN
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

Mike, that is the 2WheelRide unit I mentioned, I have the black one for $4 less.
Buck
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Ronald -

The trike I just picked up for Barry has a true cruise control system installed on it. It works very well for the short time I tried it, I rode mostly secondary roads where I could. Maybe Barry or the previous owner could give you more info on what unit it is? I was told Mountain and Stamford worked on the trike a lot so I assume one of those dealers did the install? It's a little odd that when you turn it on and push the set button the engine revs up, maybe passes your set speed 3 - 4 mph then settles back to what you set it at. For instance if you set it at 70 mph initialy it may zoom up to 73-74 then level back to 70 setting. It does seem to hold pretty good from my limited use/testing. It's a pretty clean install topside with a small controler mounted on dash panel ... the underside is another animal, lots of wires going everywhere!
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

Ronald
$ite $upporter

Post by Ronald »

:thanks: for all your inputs and ideas, will check on one that long time ago I did installed on my Valkyrie, it was such a great control! but don't even remember the name, brand, or anything other that worked fine!!
Have a great day guys and Leesburg is almost here!!

if it has a solution, why to worry? and if not, why to worry?