Zoomies

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Zoomies

Post by V8Bikers »

After seeing a couple Boss'es with them, I'm thinking about putting them on but have a few questions:

- Any hp loss or gain?
- Does the timing or carb need to be adjusted?
- What about getting caught in a rainstorm with no where to pull over for cover or when bike is parked?
Any other pros or cons?

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Re: Zoomies

Post by V8 Perv »

I have Zoomies on my Purple trike with the Dart 434
and haven't needed to change any jetting or timing.

The biggest drawback is the police it is just a giant red
flag telling the cops "hey fuck your noise laws". I only run them when I can blend in with a group of bikes and hope the cops don't single me out.

As far as rain be careful starting it up after a little shower mine throws out a nasty black soot and if anyone is parked to close it can get ugly.

....Johnston, Iowa
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

That could get pretty ugly!! :yikes:
Perv you mentioned "a little shower". What about Florida afternoon downpours? You just never know down here, Sunny one minute torrential downpour the next.

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Iron Maiden wrote:That could get pretty ugly!! :yikes:
Perv you mentioned "a little shower". What about Florida afternoon downpours? You just never know down here, Sunny one minute torrential downpour the next.
Carry 8 nice size potatoes with you and slam them on the zoomies if you need ...always the thinker!!!
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

:lol: -Canuck that brings up another concern - what prevents idiots from putting things like coins and other debris down the pipes?? :hmmmm: :dunno:

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Iron Maiden wrote::lol: -Canuck that brings up another concern - what prevents idiots from putting things like coins and other debris down the pipes?? :hmmmm: :dunno:
A pissed off Pit Bull chained to the bike would do the trick
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Ric

Post by Ric »

I can see Zoomies as fun… but reach far under the though process to see any practicality. But hey… I'm the least practical among us when it comes to what 'should be'. LOL

"Keep the magic alive!" He said.

Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

I don't care how they sound, I like the fuck your noise laws attitude. I been riding my Chopper for years with four unmuffeled straight pipes coming from the exhaust. So far even when I have the bad luck of having a cop pull up right next to me at a light and I have to sit there with it sounding like a little rail job I've never been hassled. When I was young a guy in our club used to pretend he was a deaf mute whenever we got stopped. He would grunt and drool, real loud whenever they would try to ask him anything, it was hilarious. If I was with him I'd tell the cop he was a mute and they were sometimes so frustrated with the whole scene they would just tell us to get the hell outta here. We were in an outlaw club so we were stopped often for just about anything. The drivers license's didn't have pictures on them back then and the cops didn't have computers, just tube type radios so they had to talk to you a lot.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Iron Maiden wrote::lol: -Canuck that brings up another concern - what prevents idiots from putting things like coins and other debris down the pipes?? :hmmmm: :dunno:
You are right...I wonder how far 8 right sized potatoes would be flung if they were down the tubes when fired up?? LOL
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham