Truck led headlight

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
Butkicker

Truck led headlight

Post by Butkicker »

Hey guys thinking of upgrading headlight on boss have looked at the headwinds rocket headlight with truck led looks good but only have seen on during day is it a good bright light at night ?

:usa:
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Re: Truck led headlight

Post by Iron Maiden »

We don't ride much after dark but when we do I don't recall having issues with our headwinds headlights although I am not sure if they are the same you are asking about. I really just wanted to bump this to the top for you. I guess "bump" would have also worked -LOL!

Butkicker

Post by Butkicker »

Thanks for imput I ride at night an existing setup is not very good
Especially after a goldwing great lighting

I am thinking on 2of the led Kurakyn driving lights along with headwinds unit
Ric

Post by Ric »

I have the 7" trucklite setup on my bike. It lights the road up ahead at night like daylight! Highly recommended!!

"Keep the magic alive!" He said.

Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada
Butkicker

Post by Butkicker »

Thanks that helps looks like I am going to order one.
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Can you just get the truck-lite headlight http://www.ebay.com/itm/Truck-Lite-Halo ... d7&vxp=mtr or do we need a housing as well?
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Ric

Post by Ric »

That link does't look like the one I have… that looks like an ordinary halogen light, Moose. The actual LED trucklite will fit into stock headlight assemblies just like their original bulbs do.

The one in your picture, moose, looks like a Halogen light. Not at all the same.

Ric

Post by Ric »

http://www.truck-lite.com/webapp/wcs/st ... &langId=-1

This is the one I have, if the link comes through.

Butkicker

Post by Butkicker »

Hey all got my new truck led headlight an matching headwinds spots also led on an working look good thanks for advice how do you post picture ?
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Butkicker,
Just below the text area that you post in is "upload attachments", click on it then click "choose file", select the picture you want to attach from your computer, then click "add the file", this may take a few seconds. Repeat for each picture you want to attach.

Butkicker

Post by Butkicker »

Thanks will give it a go !
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Looks great Butkicker!! :goodjob:

Butkicker

Post by Butkicker »

Thanks ! I like the light an looks Headwinds makes som nice things ,,thanks for help posting pictures way easy
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

:yourwelcome:

Ric

Post by Ric »

The pic below is a front on view of my Truck-lite headlight bulb. About $250.00 Canadian, last year. AND it's as bright as daylight on high beam!

Butkicker

Post by Butkicker »

Cool looks good
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Found mine on eBay for $165 Shipped.http://www.ebay.com/itm/400408588626?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
Was dreading the install because I thought I would have to remove the front fairing which would add about 3 hours to the already frustrating project. BUT as Luck would have it, the previous owners swapped out the headlight bucket for what I believe to be a headwinds Unit that has two parts that simply unscrew. Once that was done, I Removed the old bulb, Inserted the new Truck-Lite bulb, loosened the bucket bracket so I had barely enough room to insert the two Retaining pieces and re-assembled. It was a little frustrating getting the threads to start but certainly WAY less time than complete dis-assembly. Total project time was about 20 minutes :)
The difference is nothing short of amazing! I just took it for a night ride and am VERY happy. Great Light and a fair price ... no complaints here!
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Butkicker

Post by Butkicker »

Very good , I like mine a lot also , can see an be seen now
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

petitemoose wrote:Found mine on eBay for $165 Shipped.http://www.ebay.com/itm/400408588626?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
Was dreading the install because I thought I would have to remove the front fairing which would add about 3 hours to the already frustrating project. BUT as Luck would have it, the previous owners swapped out the headlight bucket for what I believe to be a headwinds Unit that has two parts that simply unscrew. Once that was done, I Removed the old bulb, Inserted the new Truck-Lite bulb, loosened the bucket bracket so I had barely enough room to insert the two Retaining pieces and re-assembled. It was a little frustrating getting the threads to start but certainly WAY less time than complete dis-assembly. Total project time was about 20 minutes :)
The difference is nothing short of amazing! I just took it for a night ride and am VERY happy. Great Light and a fair price ... no complaints here!
great news Dennis...was beginning to wonder if you would ever see the light....
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

We just got a new advertiser/member that is selling a "brighter" LED head Lamp, check it out :thumbup:

His user name "502thomas" his ad which is linked to a YouTube video is located just above Germany Boss Hoss on the right side of the forum.

Welcome Thomas!!