Ram Air

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
hogv8

Ram Air

Post by hogv8 »

Rob , what ever happened to that Ram air set up you were playing with a couple of years ago ??

Jack
AR

Re: Ram Air

Post by AR »

hogv8 wrote:Rob , what ever happened to that Ram air set up you were playing with a couple of years ago ??

Jack
Haha..Jack, I'd almost forgot all that blood, sweat, and tears and here you go diggin it right back up again.

Yes I got it all-but finished. I had the eRam all housed and plumbed with a custom stainless housing leading into a polished aluminium carb bonnet - had all the electrics hooked up cause it was all supposed to happen so I could bypass the little bitty air filter when it cut in. Then i stood back and looked at it.....

it looked like I had bolted on a big chrome phallic symbol :(

Makes for good garage art though :lol:
Attachments
Snorkel update.jpg
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

I have to ask Rob,,, was there one on each side? :shock: :shock:

Hey at least you tried it,, evaluated it and you removed it? Well, hey sometimes things work and sometimes they don't. Can't learn if you don't try. I have had some hard lessons over the years,, as in trying to have a race car work car on shallow pockets :shock: :roll: but i learned. i'll be the first to admit, i can fu,, things up with the best of em, but i do try to learn from the errors. i thought i could paint my HD, bought a great gun $300, air compressor $250, top of the line airbrush, $150 & $900 worth of house of color paints, books on painting, flame templates, drawing pencils EVERYTHING, then did the epoxy primer, minor smoothing body work, Sanding then tried to do a sealer and it all went to shit. Threw my hands up and said if i don't get someone to paint this for me, one it may never get done, two it will waste all of my well deserved NON working time & reduce time with my better half, three it will probably look like shit and i will have to sandblast it then buy new paint and then have someone else paint it. IF i had someone behind me telling me step by step, proper mixtures of paint, flash times etc, when and how much to wetsand and with correct grit, hey it could have turned out and maybe not,,, anyway got a good air compressor, good paint rig and airbrush and got my bike painted,,, even though it took 2 & 1/2 years, and at least I didn't have to buy 2 times the paint, i just HATE saying i can't do something, & I learned a valuable lesson, i know i don't have time to take on major projects as i work all the time , now i just gotta wire up the blinkers and tail lights so i can sell it to buy my better half a trike :roll: 8-) ;) ;) :roll: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Rob , I love the concept and I'll bet it would have worked better than you think . Although it didn't look all that great . I love the way the V8 choppers have their air cleaner set up , one coming out each side of the carb under the gas tank . I wish we had the room for something like that . A 400 HP air pump needs to take in a lot more air than our little 7" air cleaners for max. performance .

Jack
KISS

Post by KISS »

I solved my "air broblem" on my BB like that.(see photo).It takes fresh air through the tank.And the filter is big enough.
IMG_0362.JPG
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Kiss , that definitely looks like it works . Nice work . I still think Robs idea could be improvised to look nasty and perform well . If we only had more space !! I think that's the key . We need a better designed gas tank .

Jack
AR

Post by AR »

hogv8 wrote:We need a better designed gas tank .

Jack
I like this one from Marv...opens up lots of ideas. :idea:
Attachments
customgastank%20003.jpg
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Rob , yes , I like that design also but way out of my price range . I'm seriously thinking of buying another tank and modifying it and also stretching it similar to Marv's design but slightly different . That's the only way I could afford to do it .

Jack
wag

Post by wag »

Marv's tank is real nice, I've seen a few on his showroom bikes.

I was trying to jew him down one day, he wasn't going for it. :D

I don't really blame him, had to be alot of expensive getting it done.
AR

Post by AR »

wag wrote:Marv's tank is real nice, I've seen a few on his showroom bikes.

I was trying to jew him down one day, he wasn't going for it. :D

I don't really blame him, had to be alot of expensive getting it done.
Wags, was it $3200 WITH exchange?
wag

Post by wag »

Yep, thats the price on his site.