Forks

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
BossHossJohn

Forks

Post by BossHossJohn »

I am attempting to put a 1995 project back together. Will the new style forks fit? I am thinking about taking the forks off of my 2003, and getting a kewl metal set for it if I can't find used ones. Thanks John
Imzz4

Re: Forks

Post by Imzz4 »

John, I put an inverted front on my 98 frame, but you will need to make an adapter that fits where the lower bearing race goes. I used the 98 bearing setup on the top ,and the larger bearing and cup set up from the inverted in the adapter. The fort stops need modified too because they'll be too short. The only reason I pursued it was the price was very fair for the assembly, and I wanted the 3 degrees in the trees, and my time was "free".
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Why not buy the new style 2001 and up neck and have somone do the swapover / welding...if you are spending on the new forks etc you might as well do it right.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
BossHossJohn

Post by BossHossJohn »

Thanks guys, you answered my question. I am making a rolling cooler out of a sierra trike for the Paris event. I would have changed them if it was straight forward, the originals are good so maybe I should just leave it alone. Thank you