three wheeler progress

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
V-MAN

Re: three wheeler progress

Post by V-MAN »

Jeff -

Everything is looking really good, lots of time and effort are going into that machine and it shows. I like to see all the updated pictures and looking forward to seeing it all come together! It's great to have a local chromer, if your happy with his black chrome please let us know. I don't think I am that far from you (Pittsburgh area for now) and have some pieces I'd like to have refinished ...

Don
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

Don, thanks ! I got a bit further yesterday. Love that smell of curing fiberglass in the garage. The black chrome pieces are powder coated, not electroplated. I did have a set of RC Engineering 4 into 1's black chromed years ago. They were really cool looking, no one had ever seen that in my area. They held up well too.
Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

The pics pretty much show whats going on... :tequila:
Attachments
DSC00101.JPG
DSC00100.JPG
DSC00103.JPG
DSC00089.JPG
DSC00125.JPG
DSC00126.JPG
DSC00127.JPG
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

Wow, the detail and technical expertise is something else - whjat a project! following it with interest.
Gordon from England
Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

:wft: After looking at the powder coated stuff for three days from picking it up, I decided to take them back today and have everything done over the same blue as the frame.. Something just didn't seem to go. Oh well, I'm still filling and sanding anyhow.
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

I wish I had a dollar for every thing I've sent back or changed my mind and redone over the years . It's hard to tell until you see it or try it .
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Imzz4 wrote::wft: After looking at the powder coated stuff for three days from picking it up, I decided to take them back today and have everything done over the same blue as the frame.. Something just didn't seem to go. Oh well, I'm still filling and sanding anyhow.

I laughed when I read this post! Like Jack said, sometimes you just have to see it and I think we all have "been there done that" with making changes. The blue will look pretty sweet too.

Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

The outside is ready for primer after plenty of block sanding. I give credit to all those who work in body shops and come to work each day to fix bent and crooked stuff !
There's some under the hood stuff to finish up still, then undercoat it. The painter can have it then.
Now that its on the ground again, and I rolled it back and forth, I thought about making a half handlebar for my right hand only, so I could steer it, and work the throttle with my left hand, no seat , no nothing....just for a short ride, and then get pulled over.
I guess I'll wait .
Attachments
DSC00152.JPG
DSC00153.JPG
DSC00144.JPG
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

If you change your mind, please video tape, I would love to see you riding with one handlebar- LOL!! What a visual! :ridding:

Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

The body is finally ready for the painter along with the other pieces. The sunny outside picture makes it look clean when actually its been a real dirt and dust collector. I almost washed it. Almost ...had a beer instead .
Attachments
DSC00162.JPG
DSC00163.JPG
DSC00164.JPG
mmaupin

Post by mmaupin »

Looking real nice!
Regards,

Mark

Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

DSC00182.JPG
My seat man surprised me by having my other parts finished in one week. That never happens! :ten:
Attachments
DSC00174.JPG
DSC00179.JPG
DSC00172.JPG
DSC00181.JPG
Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

The mounts are finished and have a slight angle to match the floor boards. One more to cross off the list ! :thumbup:
Attachments
DSC00184.JPG
DSC00185.JPG
DSC00186.JPG
DSC00187.JPG
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Wow!! LOOKING GOOD!!! :thumbup:

Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

Another 4th of July went by and its still being put together. But the water temp gauge has a place to show me how nice 185 degrees will look on the display, whenever !
Attachments
DSC00196.JPG
DSC00201.JPG
DSC00202.JPG
Mikie v

Post by Mikie v »

Imzz4, any forward motion on your project.
Can't wait to see the finished product. It looks awesome.
Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

It's annoying how long it takes to get stuff done anymore. Mentally, I'm just rippin into. I can say the fence I just finished building and installing today as priority one on my wifes honey-do list didn't need any time requiring wires . Thats where I'm at. All 34 wires exiting the handlebars are extended as needed and have a place to go. The ladder logic diagram for each fuse is down on paper and several connections are done. The tough part is after all that endless staring at everything, is finding the best way to run everything so its clean ,hidden, and user friendly. This is odd, but during the day-dreaming/beer consuming , I end up asking myself < how would Honda do it ?>...maybe I'll get an A-Haa moment.I could use one. thanks for lookin ! Jeff PS. last time I spoke with the painter,he wasn't ready...imagine that.
Attachments
DSC00231.JPG
DSC00220.JPG
DSC00263.JPG
Mikie v

Post by Mikie v »

Thanks for the update, keep up the clean work you have a gift.
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Imzz4 wrote:PS. last time I spoke with the painter,he wasn't ready...imagine that.
:frustrated: Go figure huh?

What are you using for the trans safety override? A simple toggle hidden?

The trike is looking good Jeff, keep on the painter if you want to get it back!!!!

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

I dropped the 67 Camaro off at my Body Shop Guy for a quick scuff and shoot. That turned into a full Body Off Rotisserie Resto-Mod. HOPEFULLY she will get her car this Christmas ... After 6 years of waiting. Painters never get in a hurry!!!
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

The PARK over ride switch is mounted below the key switch on the left side. The plan was I could quickly reach down and find it, in case it stalled out at 70 mph in the left lane of three, and then lay on the start button until it was all good.
I saw a different take on "flames" today. I'll just stick with my guy . Perhaps this will turn out nice once its cleared ! ?
Attachments
flames gone wrong.jpg
Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

It's about time . Parts are going to the painters on Tuesday morning. They will be finished in 10 more Tuesdays , give or take 20, or 30 ..
More circuits and wiring are straightened out with connectors etc. I'm saving cutting down the EFI harness for last. Still, plenty of stuff to work on and enjoying the progress. :popcorn:
Attachments
DSC00287.JPG
DSC00286.JPG
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Hopefully he will get your tins sprayed just as you are finishing the wiring!!! Your all done with the hard stuff, congrats! Looking forward to you getting it all buttoned up and down the road.

Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

Just a few pics showing I got something done even with all the great weather we've had which was perfect for everything other than trike stuff. We took a nice bike trip thru Vermont for a week to unwind.
All wires are done except for the Holley harness. I'm still messing with the pieces for the throttle cable bracket so everything clears and lines up without interfering with the barrel on the end of the TV cable. :thumbup:
Attachments
DSC00295.JPG
DSC00296.JPG
DSC00299.JPG
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

It is so cool to go back and look at the pics from the beginning - the trike looks awesome, so much attention to detail! :thumbup: