Vacuum Advance Kit Install Question

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
petitemoose

Vacuum Advance Kit Install Question

Post by petitemoose »

Anybody know what color springs that work best for a small block in the 99601-1 Kit?
Just trying to save myself some time
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
hogv8

Re: Vacuum Advance Kit Install Question

Post by hogv8 »

I run one silver and one gold based on advise from others I got several years ago when I first installed my Crane kit and I think this combination works great . I think the 99600-1 kit is the same thing as the Crane kit .I don't think the 99601-1 kit will work on a HEI distributor .
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Dennis,
which color is on yours now? When I changed out mine that was broken I went with the same color and never considered the two others that came with the kit. Jack, what advantages does the different color options give?

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

weights and springs determine how fast the timing increases with engine speed.

http://www.setyourtiming.com/Timing_Settings.html
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

hogv8 wrote:I run one silver and one gold based on advise from others I got several years ago when I first installed my Crane kit and I think this combination works great . I think the 99600-1 kit is the same thing as the Crane kit .I don't think the 99601-1 kit will work on a HEI distributor .
Well Crap! The 99601-1 is for the points style Distributor Thanks for the heads up!

Thankfully the local speed shop had the correct one on the shelf :) Anybody have a use for a Points style vacuum advance kit???
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

If I had a nickel for everything I've either sent back or taken back biker related because it didn't fit or I didn't like it for one reason or the other over the last 55 + years I'd have a few bucks .