V8's in the Smokies 2020

list any events, gatherings, coffee house poser runs, etc in your area.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
Greg S

V8's in the Smokies 2020

Post by Greg S »

Hello All,

Pigeon Forge is becoming a more and more popular place for people to visit. Many rooms at the Ramada are already spoken for, by several different organizations, for May of 2020. To make sure that the V8 Bike Riders do not lose their spot on the roster, a block of rooms has been reserved in our name. Details are as follows:

* Arrive Tuesday afternoon May 12th, depart Sunday morning May 17th (Several people arrived on Tuesday this year, so the early arrival date has been changed from a Wednesday, to a Tuesday.).

* Ramada Inn South / 4010 Parkway / Pigeon Forge, TN 37863

* Call 800-523-3919 and give the dates that you are interested in, and ask for the "V8 Bike Riders" discount rate.

At the moment, there is a block of 13 rooms reserved for this event. They will be held for us until April 1st. After that date, they will be dropped back into inventory. When you call, you will be asked to pay for the first night's stay ($59 + tax for Tues and Wed, $82 + tax Thursday through Saturday night). The balance is due upon arrival. If for some reason, you need to cancel, you may do so up to 48 hours prior to the planned arrival date, and receive a full refund. We asked for as many first floor rooms as possible. First come, first serve. All rooms have two queen sized beds. You do not need to book rooms for the full five nights. Pick the nights that you would like to stay, and be sure to tell them that you are with the "V8 Bike Riders".

There is lots of room to park your tow vehicle and trailer, as there is a convention center parking lot on the premises.

Mother's Day will be prior to the above dates, on May 10th in 2020.

If you have any questions, feel free to call me at 330 dash 606 dash 3165.
Greg S

Re: V8's in the Smokies 2020

Post by Greg S »

Since posting the information above, the Ramada Inn South, has been sold to new owners. The name has changed from the Ramada Inn, to the Evergreen Smoky Mountain Lodge.

Our block of rooms remains intact. All terms and conditions are the same.

The only thing that has changed, is the phone number that should be used to call to make reservations. The new number is 865-453-1876.
Greg S

Post by Greg S »

A few people have asked if the rooms are still going to be available for this May.

So, earlier today, I contacted the Evergreen Smoky Mountain Lodge, to see what they had to say. Their response was, that as long as someone wants to come, that they are more than happy to have us.

This is something that Marilyn and I look forward to every year, so we still plan to go. Realistically though, once there, the two of us usually take off to find our own trails into the mountains, and are not exposed to anybody other than ourselves.

If anybody should have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me at three three zero 606 three one six five, and I will try to find the answers.
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Just got a call from the old Ramada, now Evergreen Smoky Mountain Lodge, and they are closed until May 20th. They have another location just up the street so I booked there. My son could not get vacation that week, so we are going May 5-9
Looks like a big place, you can get street to watch traffic, or in the back with more room. No breakfast, no house keeping.
I called 865-428-0172 to rebook

Americana Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge
2825 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863,
https://www.booking.com/hotel/us/howard ... forge.html
Greg S

Post by Greg S »

I received that same call, and was hoping to be able to call the main manager today, to see if we could somehow still be permitted to stay there.

Unfortunately, the main manager is not available at this time, and the best that they could say, was that what you were told, is the latest information available. We cannot go to the Evergreen Smoky Mountain Lodge, May 12th through May 17th this year.

For anybody else who may be interested, if you call the number that Elvis listed above, a room can be rented anytime from today forward at the Americana Inn. Rates are $263.58 for a back room for any Tuesday through Sunday, and $281.55 for a front room for any Tuesday through Sunday. Same price, whether two Queens, or one King.

We still have reservations at the Evergreen, for May in 2021.

Have fun this week Elvis!
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Thanks Greg, I'll call you with an update on parking, and such after we get there Tuesday evening.
Greg S

Post by Greg S »

The latest information, is that the V8 group was told that their reservations were cancelled for next week, because of a mixup in terminology. The state will not allow the convention center to be open until the 20th, but it will allow the motel to be open immediately. Someone, somewhere, thought that the V8 group was there for a convention. The good news, is that we are still allowed to go to the Evergreen Smoky Mountain Lodge, as planned, next week.

This is rather late notice, but to re-make your reservations, call Jetta or MJ, at 865-428-0172. Tell them that you are with the V8 Biker Group, and let them know what dates you are interested in. They may also be reached via e-mail, at hojo.pf@gmail.com. Jetta and MJ are the managers that are temporarily in charge of taking reservations for the Evergreen. There is no deadline for making the reservations.
Mark G

Post by Mark G »

Do you have the dates for May 2021.
Don't tell me what you Can't Do .... Tell me what you Can Do.
Greg S

Post by Greg S »

May 17th thru May 24th 2021.
Greg S

Post by Greg S »

I talked to Sheila this morning. She is the manager of The Evergreen Smoky Mountain Lodge (Formerly the Ramada South). There are now two new phone numbers that can be used to make reservations. The front desk number is 865-453-1823, and her cell phone number is 865-740-6612.

We still have 20 first floor rooms reserved for May 17th through May 24th.

At the moment, activity is picking up in Pigeon Forge. A typical weekend event, right now, has about 75 cars in the convention parking lot.
Greg S

Post by Greg S »

As of today, the Continental Breakfasts have not resumed operation at the Evergreen. It is not certain if they will be serving breakfast by May 17th. They may be. And they may not be. In any case, Sheila has agreed to reduce the rate from $59/night during the week, to $49/night during the week, and from $82/night on Friday and Saturday, to $72/night on Friday and Saturday. For those who have already signed up, this can be taken care of at the front desk when you arrive.