rally

list any events, gatherings, coffee house poser runs, etc in your area.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
57chevygirl

rally

Post by 57chevygirl »

IMG_4475.JPG
I wasn't able to go myself but heard through the grapevine, so don't kill the messenger, there was very small turn out for the Rally. Less than 50 people. I also heard that Mountain didn't attend and that Devin was a smart ass to everyone. Sounds to me like he has run off most of his dealers and is running off customers now. Wonder if he is missing Beannie and Whitney yet. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who did attend.
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Re: rally

Post by Iron Maiden »

I won’t “shoot the messenger” but this is how rumors start. Bill and I were both at the rally and we have a whole different view.

We were 157 and 158 bikers for the poker run and we weren’t the last to register. Both Thursday and Friday were nice riding days, the evening events were packed full. We will have pictures and a write up in a few days as we are driving but wanted to stop this rumor before it spreads too far.

Devon was enthusiastic and very friendly when ever we were around. He mentioned new dealers signing on and working on adding more. All sounded really positive. We had an awesome tour at the factory with Jeff. Bill took a bike with a winters transmission and he was quite impressed and probably regretting that he told me his current bike is his “forever bike” 8-)

The picture you posted was Saturday morning which was a complete wash out but that didn’t stop the bike show, it was moved into a large “garage” building on the fairgrounds. The vendors obviously were not going to set up in the rain. A boss Hoss shuttle was available to go back and forth to downtown and the factory.

I am sure others will put in their 2cents but we had a great time. Pictures and videos will be posted soon.
Attachments
78BA25B2-BE2C-4723-BA47-7C0D8778DB79.jpeg

gangstaboy1

Post by gangstaboy1 »

In 2012 there were 400 in attendance at the rally where they gave away something like 48 fifths of whiskey. While 159 is better than 50 it falls far short of 400. I really hope BH makes it because we will always need parts and since they refuse to give out part numbers we many times have to give in and order from them and pay inflated prices and have to wait sometimes up to a week to get the part. I love my Boss Hoss but the company itself leaves something to be desired. Gone are the good old days of Boss Hoss.
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

57chevygirl wrote:
IMG_4475.JPG
I wasn't able to go myself but heard through the grapevine, so don't kill the messenger, there was very small turn out for the Rally. Less than 50 people. I also heard that Mountain didn't attend and that Devin was a smart ass to everyone. Sounds to me like he has run off most of his dealers and is running off customers now. Wonder if he is missing Beannie and Whitney yet. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who did attend.

Still being negative, Living in the Past, spreading "rumours" with no facts.

Nice to see you have not changed!!
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
mmaupin

Post by mmaupin »

57chevygirl wrote:
IMG_4475.JPG
I was there; you got it wrong.
Regards,

Mark

Puff

Post by Puff »

We had a great time!
Rain was a PIA on Saturday, yes, but
we rode on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
30 of us lead the local Dyersburg High School
Football team into their football stadium
on Friday evening.
Great times with great friends again !
The only 2 negative things I can say is:
1) I lost ALL of my keys while on a ride,
but those can be replaced.
2) Denny Toth crashed his trike enroute
home to Ohio. He crashed :bawling: in Union City,
Tennessee, and has been transported to
Nashville for further care. :thumbup:
Please say prayers that Denny heals well.
:ridding:
Bill Van Sant

SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

Was another great Rally from Boss Hoss! Devon was very friendly and talking to everyone he could. He also talked to the entire group at the rally and welcomed questions in front of everyone. Some people left early because of rain and may have missed that. It was a great party even with the rain sorry anyone would miss it. Met several new people this year. Mountain Boss Hoss had other business that required their attention and they were not able to attend, had nothing to do with not wanting to be there. I have been going to these rallies since 2003 only missed 2 of them because unfortunately other things sometimes take priority. I never attempted to count how many bikes were there I have never counted 400 Boss Hoss bikes at a rally, that number would include local riders that attend on Saturdays which it rained 100% of the day so unless someone was coming just to see the Band on Saturday there was very few added that day. Anyone who did not attend the rally it was their loss of a great time. Devon, Bill Banks, and Monte were all there socializing with us all.
wag

Post by wag »

Who is Devon?
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Devon is the new Boss Hoss owner.

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Fastestonehere

Post by Fastestonehere »

We had a great time with old friends from past rally’s as well as meeting new friends from this one. [Of course there was that one girl on that orange HD that’s annoying as usual] but a good time still.
Was an awesome time riding at high school parade. And had a great time at the bike show { proudly mentioning 3rdplace people’s choice trophy winner }
Had my eardrums blown out with a flyby from a 502with a for sale sign in windshield.
Even seen a few smoke shows during the test drives.
Fastestonehere

Post by Fastestonehere »

Here is a pic of the guy that did the fly by. [ new sheriff in town I think he said ]
Attachments
943B7916-61D9-477E-9EEB-DEA51E83C79F.jpeg
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

“. [Of course there was that one girl on that orange HD that’s annoying as usual]”

^^^ :rofl: :lol: ^^^^

Ron Radulski

Post by Ron Radulski »

57chevygirl wrote:
IMG_4475.JPG
You like to spread BS rumors! Shane (SRF) told it EXACTLY like it was! IMHO, Devon and Bill Banks are on the right track in bringing Boss Hoss back! Next time before you post a tread, please have ALL of your information correct, or don't waste all of our time in rebuttals. Just my 2 cents.
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Ron Radulski wrote:
57chevygirl wrote:
IMG_4475.JPG
You like to spread BS rumors! Shane (SRF) told it EXACTLY like it was! IMHO, Devon and Bill Banks are on the right track in bringing Boss Hoss back! Next time before you post a tread, please have ALL of your information correct, or don't waste all of our time in rebuttals. Just my 2 cents.
Keyboard warrior Ron disgruntled with Boss Hoss...no facts...no common sense. She or I would bet he, hiding behind the Stage name just "trying" to stir up shit when we are too smart for that.
CanuckHoss

Qmouse

Post by Qmouse »

57chevygirl,
Show up to the event. So, that you can speak from YOUR experience of the event. And not be the mouth of someone else. If there is someone else. It makes you look extremely bad when you wasn’t even there. To experience a DAMN GOOD TIME.
:thanks:
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

Had a great time at the rally, seeing friends I need to see more often ! Bill, I was honored to attend the football game.. I think 30 bikes/trikes was there with rain threat! Denny transferred to Nashville hospital, having surgery on shoulder 9/26. please keep him in our prayers..As far as 57 Chevy girl goes, she hasn't changed and is a no count in my book! lots of great people had a great time in a great venue. I feel Boss Hoss is headed in the right direction..Gotta go Annoying girl on orange Harley says its bed time!! :lol: :lol:
phpBB [video]
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Sue and I had an excellent time as well! Loved hanging and riding with old and new friends. It is nice having some curvy roads to ride after all the straight lining we do in Florida :ridding:.

In addition, John Selby was very generous to let Sue and I ride his 600hp 427 while there. Very fast and smooth ride. Thanks John! Also, got a chance to ride the factory Sema bike, a 454 small Block, 563hp with a Winters. Was totally impressed with the power and quality of this bike. World class quality IMO and the Winters is much tighter than the Nesco. Taking off in 2nd from a stop is like 1st in the Nesco and power shifting to 2nd at 80 and aggressively rolling on the throttle feels awesome. A real pleasure to ride and the Winters will be my choice if/when mine takes a dump.

Great people, riding, food, and V8 camaraderie!

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Thanks Bill...hoping to ride that bike at Biketoberfest and feel the Winter's myself.
CanuckHoss

randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

Unfortunatly I wasn't able to ride the 454 with winters trans... I heard under fairly hard acceleration at 80 MPH shift into 2nd and break rear loose!.. Sounds like fun!
phpBB [video]
Oldun

Post by Oldun »

Have been off-line for a long time due to family health and work (I know, excuses...) so it was really great to read a positive review about attendance at this year's rally, which I had to miss.

Good inspiration for coming to next year;s, with enough planning time for it all to feasibly happen. Again, appreciate positive news that we often don't get enough of.
My 100-proof woman
A bottle of 95-proof whiskey
A tank of 90-proof gas
And 502ci of V8 bike
:ridding: