2017 La Crosse Gathering

list any events, gatherings, coffee house poser runs, etc in your area.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
grumpy

2017 La Crosse Gathering

Post by grumpy »

The hotel block is now available for the 2017 La Crosse Gathering. The dates this year are Sunday, June 11th through Saturday, June 17th. We will again be based at the Days Inn at La Crosse. As some of you are aware we looked at optional sites for the gathering after last year due to some issues with the previous sales manager and management company making several changes to our agreement. We did sign only a 2 year agreement this time around with a 2 year extension at our discretion.

Rooms MUST be booked directly with the hotel, NOT through the Days Inn National Reservation line. You must call the hotel direct at 1-608-783-1000 – ask for the sales department and request the Boss Hoss room block rate. The rate for 2017 is $70 per nite. If they quote you a rate higher than $70.00 per night please let me know. The hotel is located on I90 at exit #2 (French Island, Wi) – easy on – easy off.

We suggest you make reservations early, they can be cancelled up to 24 hours prior to arrival without issue. Last year we had some waiting until the last minute and they had given the block away. The room block is only good until 30 days prior to the rally.

As in the past, we will have the south parking lot blocked off for exclusive parking for trailers and bikes/trikes and long rigs that require extra space. We ask that you drop your trailers in the parking area and park vehicles in normal parking areas. Makes it easier if someone needs to get out unexpectedly.

There will be an agenda hand out at check-in time, we anticipate a few new rides this years and we will make those known as we can firm them up. If you have not attended the gathering before please read the handout.

The Days Inn is under new ownership and management. The management is now local and not based out of Chicago as has been the situation in past years. In talking to the new sales manager he has assured me that they have addressed the issues we brought to their attention from our past stays, including a newly hired restaurant manager. With local management we hope to see an improvement in the quality of the food and staffing.

We will post some updates in the near future as to some activities during the week as they become available. Right now the only thing set in stone is the dinner Friday night at the Freighthouse (yes they have our reservation this time) and the BBQ at Scott & Sara Paulsons Sunday the 11th. I would imagine bike night at Rudys will be on the agenda, possibly Hansons on Saturday.

If there are any questions please send them to my email and we will try to get them answered asap. Grumpy159@gmail.com

Hope to see you all in June.
grumpy

Re: 2017 La Crosse Gathering

Post by grumpy »

Just a quick reminder - the room block for Lacrosse will expire on May 15th and room rates will go back to std rates.

Even if you are not sure about attendance you should book - cancellations can be made up to 24 hours prior to arrival with no penalty
grumpy

Post by grumpy »

Just another update - the room block for LaCrosse will expire on the 15th - right now we have several nights that are fully booked. If you attempt to make reservations and they are full please contact me at grumpy159@gmail.com and we will try to get rooms opened up. All remaining room are double queens - no single kings left.

Lookes to be a full year for 2017 !!

See ya'll there :)
grumpy

Post by grumpy »

Probably the last update until the rally - Sunday evening the 11th there will be a BBQ at Scott and Sara Paulsons house - this is a do not miss BBQ :) Time about 5pm and if you haven't been there I will be at the Days to lead a group up there.

Friday night the 16th will be our dinner at the Freighthouse. Called tonight to confirm our reservation and get the "loft" for our party. Cocktails at 6pm and dinner at 7pm.

Rides as usual will be daily - destinations tba - Scott has never let us down for fantastic rides - kickstands up at 10:30 every day in the parking lot of the Days Inn.

I'm sure we will add a few things as we get closer depending on weather and roads, etc. We have had our share of rain here this spring and flooding could be an issue to some destinations.....but we always deal with it.

See ya all there
Puff

Post by Puff »

Leaving Tn. EARLY Sunday morning the 11th of June.
Should arrive mid-to-late afternoon.
I know the way to Scott and Sarah's place.
Can't wait to ride La Crosse and region again !
:thumbup:
Bill Van Sant

grumpy

Post by grumpy »

Weather for the week is looking good. Mid to low 90's for the first half of the week - mid to low 80's for the end of the week. So far very little rain is forecast for entire week.

The heavy construction is mostly complete in the area. East of the hotel there is some ramp work going on, west end is complete and all lanes open.

Room block is closed but late comers might be able to get in but I can't promise the rate. Looks like a great turnout.
Puff

Post by Puff »

Dale Ebel crashed his BH at the La Crosse gathering
on 17 June 2017.
Unfortunately, he did not survive.
Prayers up for Dale, his family, and the riders who
were with him. :(
Bill Van Sant

V8Norm

Post by V8Norm »

That is terrible news.
Many thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.
Norm
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Damn,
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Damn, awful news and very sorry to hear :bawling:

Here is the article:

http://www.kjan.com/index.php/2017/06/2 ... -saturday/

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Dip Shit 434

Post by Dip Shit 434 »

Prayers sent for Dale in his transition, prayers for his family for strength in their time of loss,, & also prayers for the other riders who were there with Dale.

Darryl
v8farmer

Post by v8farmer »

Rest in peace Dale. Prayers for family and friends
Paul H

Post by Paul H »

Rest in peace and God speed to Dale.
Prayers sent to families and friends.

Paul H
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

Sad news... Prayers for his family and friends..
phpBB [video]
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Is Dale AbEl the guy that always hung around with Marv with the green bike ?
V8Norm

Post by V8Norm »

hogv8 wrote:Is Dale AbEl the guy that always hung around with Marv with the green bike ?

You might be thinking about Jay. with the green bike?
Global warmer?
Norm
grumpy

Post by grumpy »

On behalf of the Boss Hoss/V8 family I want to thank all of you who could make Dale Ebels send off Friday. It was the most moving and difficult service I have ever attended.

Dales brother, daughter Jessica, SIL Jaimie and Jay gave very moving and some very comical eulogies - shared some amazing memories for all of us who maybe only knew him through the community. Several others offered their memories as well.

I hope Deb and the family know that our family will always be there for them in the future in whatever way we can.

RIP Dale - you truly left your mark on all of us. Ride safe and be sure to hook up with Pam, David, Bill and Curt......
grumpy

Post by grumpy »

hogv8 wrote:Is Dale AbEl the guy that always hung around with Marv with the green bike ?
There are two guys out of Marvs shop with bright green bikes, Jay and Froggy - Dales was a little lighter shade of green and he was from Duluth, about 3 hours north of the Cities. His picture and stuff is on the Lacrosse Gathering FB link
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

I got to meet Dale and ride with him a little at a 1/8 mile Hillbilly drag strip, and in the Smokey Mountain Foothills for a couple of days, with Marv, Jay, Froggy, Big Jim, Big Dave, Ricky (Berzerker).
Wasn't it Dale that developed a pinhole hole in his oil filter, and we had to ride back into Banjo land to find one? :)