Biketoberfest 2016

list any events, gatherings, coffee house poser runs, etc in your area.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Re: Biketoberfest 2016

Post by Iron Maiden »

Never in our 26 years here but yup looks like the first weeeknd will be a windy/wet one - Hurricane party at our place :capwin:

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Iron Maiden wrote:Never in our 26 years here but yup looks like the first weeeknd will be a windy/wet one - Hurricane party at our place :capwin:
And that is weird because if you look at the 14 day forecast on the Weather Network starting now it looks AWESOME from Thursday onwards...

I guess rainsuits might be a must???
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Saturday is supposed to be a Nice Sunny day. The rest of the week there may be morning showers but they usually are gone by 10am. If you are a rain suit kinda guy, bring it.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

petitemoose wrote:Saturday is supposed to be a Nice Sunny day. The rest of the week there may be morning showers but they usually are gone by 10am. If you are a rain suit kinda guy, bring it.
Birthday suit kind of guy..already wrinkled so no worries!! HAHAHAHAHA
CanuckHoss

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Just watched an update again...The height of the storm...Thursday evening around 6 when we land in Orlando has 70mph winds at Titusville and then that moves up to Daytona thru the evening. Orlando itself at that time has 40mph plus winds ad this is the best case scenario if the storm stays offshore like they hope..and it is only hope.

Like the guy said if we are off by 20 miles in the forecast that could make the difference between onshore and offshore storm.

Scaring the crap out of me for landing and even getting to the Condo with 70mph winds that evening.

WTF???????
CanuckHoss

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

it has come down to cancelling the flights and accomadations as the unknowns with this Hurricane at play are not conducive to just changing the dates on our flights. If we change to Sunday flights but the power is knocked out for days which can be a factor then we are screwed....SOAB!!

I am on the phone now fighting with Air Canada...the shitty airline in Canada.... trying to get a refund. They are telling my Airmiles lady that we can't cancel..what a load of shit because in all reality they cannot guarantee the flight into Orlando tomorrow and you would have to be retarded to beleive landing there tomorrow evening is 100% guaranteed..

I can't beleive our luck. Gwen's first trip in 5 years and looks like a no go..
CanuckHoss

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Mark is coming in from Germany Thursday Night. His flight has been re-routed from Daytona to MCO where he will be getting a car and driving over. I know the winds sound scary and for someone that has not gone through a Hurricane this will sound nuts ... But its not as bad as the reporters make it sound. The high winds of a hurricane typically have a 40 mile reach. Orlando is 50 miles from Daytona. In Orlando, the wind will be much less. Hopefully, this storm will do what the others typically do and die down quickly rendering them not much more than a tropical depression.
If your flight cannot be cancelled, let me know. I will come get you, bring you to Lakeland and you can ride out the storm safely inland. Plans can certainly made and altered once you are here to accommodate the weather. There are lots of things to see and do In central FL ;)
Call me if you want.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

OK...all settled as far as cancellations and the Airline. They are after all giving us a true credit without restrictions.

"IF" we don't rebook for this Florida trip we can use the flights to go anywhere we want and we can go anytime...we just pay the difference if the flights are more or longer.

Now....coming to Biketoberfest is still an option. We are watching the weather and seeing if maybe a Sunday or Monday or even Tuesday flying is an option. The flights were not cheap and it sucks to cut the holiday there to 6 days from 10 as planned if we were to fly Monday.

And at this point too depending on an answer from the Airbnb acommodations I may just fly myself for the shorter time and then Gwen will come in March.

Decisions decisions decisions

PS...we need to get away because below is the outside temperature in C which is about 37F...YIKES!!!
Attachments
IMG_1856.JPG
CanuckHoss

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Fuck me...been waiting all day for a response from the people we booked with on AirBnB...I know they are busy getting ready for the Hurricane...

So I went onto AirBnB and cancelled the reservation myself. Out of $2000 we get $200 back!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOAB...I am hoping that I get a response from Esteban and Maria and they agree to refund...this trip is such a shit show!!!! If they don't then a visit to them personally in March will be in order...WE KNOW WHERE THEY ARE!!!!
CanuckHoss

V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Not that I recall, might be the first:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Currently, the Biketoberfest rally will be held as scheduled (the official dates are Oct 13-16). However, we don't know what the impact of Hurricane Matthew is going to have on the area. Buildings and roads could be severely damaged...and we could be without power (for days/weeks). So we won't know until after the storm passes and we get into next week.

Look for updates on our Facebook page: Daytona Bike Week

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Someone posted this on a Forum a couple hours ago

Quote "I live in Daytona and it's not as bad as the news makes it out to be, most of the clean up will be done before Biketoberfest even starts. I think we had it worse ten years ago during hurricane Charlie. Come on down and have a great time." END QUOTE

Wonder if this is accurate at all? IF VMan or Bill or someone I know told me that I would believe it..I don't know this person
CanuckHoss

Mark

Post by Mark »

Hi Barry,

I left North Carolina this morning and just arrived two hours ago in Daytona/Port Orange. Local authorities are doing a great job with clean up of fallen trees and debris. Also energy seems widely restored but still working on it 24/7. Very impressive! We have energy and water at the house. Weather is mild and sunny.

I am ready for Biketoberfest!

Best regards

Mark
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Mark wrote:Hi Barry,

I left North Carolina this morning and just arrived two hours ago in Daytona/Port Orange. Local authorities are doing a great job with clean up of fallen trees and debris. Also energy seems widely restored but still working on it 24/7. Very impressive! We have energy and water at the house. Weather is mild and sunny.

I am ready for Biketoberfest!

Best regards

Mark
That is good news that you made it Mark...things are not looking good for me but see what happens...
CanuckHoss

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

I got lucky and everything came together for me in the past 24 hours..

I am headed to Daytona in the early morning and arrive at my Condo around 9pm Tuesday evening...

Unfortunately it was not in the cards for Gwen to go...2017 March Bikeweek will be her's!!!!
CanuckHoss

hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Saw pictures of the damage at Tropic Sun Towers and after seeing that I'm suprised to hear they are open for business so soon .
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

On my last leg of flight home. Biketoberfest was a lot of fun. Very relaxing for me. 6 days is just a tease down here. Dinners and coffee meetings were smaller but still great. Bill and Susan and I ended up entertaining ourselves quite a bit...thanks guys
CanuckHoss

Paul H

Post by Paul H »

Barry, were you able to stay in the condo you booked???

Tropic Sun Towers at Orman was closed, I heard.
That's the one with underground parking.

Paul H
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Paul H wrote:Barry, were you able to stay in the condo you booked???

Tropic Sun Towers at Orman was closed, I heard.
That's the one with underground parking.

Paul H
Yes. 7 nights instead of 11. Got a refund already. Very very nice place
CanuckHoss

hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

CanuckHoss wrote:On my last leg of flight home. Biketoberfest was a lot of fun. Very relaxing for me. 6 days is just a tease down here. Dinners and coffee meetings were smaller but still great. Bill and Susan and I ended up entertaining ourselves quite a bit...thanks guys
This is the reason Cheryl and I stay a month when we go to bike week . I know not everyone has this option but we feel to drive 1300 miles one way and only stay a few days is nuts . We really enjoy the week before bike week very much and the week after isn't bad either . This year we are going to spend a week in Cape Coral and 3 weeks at our condos at Tropic Sun Towers for a change In stead of our usual 3 weeks at our condos at Tropic Shores Resort which we have all rented for Bike Week . Can't wait !!!
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

hogv8 wrote:
CanuckHoss wrote:On my last leg of flight home. Biketoberfest was a lot of fun. Very relaxing for me. 6 days is just a tease down here. Dinners and coffee meetings were smaller but still great. Bill and Susan and I ended up entertaining ourselves quite a bit...thanks guys
This is the reason Cheryl and I stay a month when we go to bike week . I know not everyone has this option but we feel to drive 1300 miles one way and only stay a few days is nuts . We really enjoy the week before bike week very much and the week after isn't bad either . This year we are going to spend a week in Cape Coral and 3 weeks at our condos at Tropic Sun Towers for a change In stead of our usual 3 weeks at our condos at Tropic Shores Resort which we have all rented for Bike Week . Can't wait !!!
Jack...

I found out just yesterday as I got to Airport that I can't rent the same Condo I was in just now...initially upon meeting her at the Airport last Tuesday she thought it was open..damn..I even left a few goodies on the shelf in the laundry room for myself..Seafoam etc etc...oh well.

PM me please about Condos for Bike Week in March..thank you
CanuckHoss

V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Barry, :yourwelcome: 4.5 mo till Bike week!

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard