Biketoberfest 2015

list any events, gatherings, coffee house poser runs, etc in your area.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Biketoberfest 2015

Post by V8Bikers »

With less than 2 months to go, I wanted to start a list of who is coming and if so, are you going to be here early or just the dates of the rally? 10/15 -10/18.

http://www.daytonachamber.com/daytonabi ... m?f_type=6

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
petitemoose

Re: Biketoberfest 2015

Post by petitemoose »

Seeing as how it is such a distance to travel, I have made plans well in advance. LoL Should be there all week :) Staying at the Ormand Beach Tropic Sun Towers
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

both of us will be there all week
Buck
Ponch

Post by Ponch »

We will be there all week
see ya bye
Ponch

Image...............................................Image
..Ft Myers, FL. 33905..............................................Springfield, IL. 62712
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Kim and I hope to be back down first week in October. We will be there for rally for sure ...
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

Ronald
$ite $upporter

Post by Ronald »

Most likely just for the 3 days rally

if it has a solution, why to worry? and if not, why to worry?
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

I definitely WANT to...really really want to!!!!

Only holdup at this point is Gwen's health or more accurately the state of her back.

It is 11 weeks since Transplant and her Kidney is 100%. But 5 or 6 weeks ago...lost count now...she wrenched her back in bed. it has been just a nightmare for her the past few weeks. She would re-injure every week doing absolutley nothing but maybe stepping up the stairs and blammmm..huge pain and back to square 1.

We even rented a Medi-bed almost 3 weeks ago because she had such a struggle just going from laying down to sitting up in bed...this has made a huge difference the last 3 weeks but her progress has been super slow.

This morning she drove across town for her Thursday bloodwork at 7am and hurt her back just punching in her number for the lineup as she had to bend a bit without support. I grabbed a Taxi to go get her. 2 Hours of ER later we are home with stronger pain killers and stronger muscle relaxants...

Last weekend she went upstair Friday night and never came down until Monday morning for her trip to bloodwork at 7am because she found the stairs too hard for her.

I am still spending almost no time at the shop.

Paris was an option I thought a month ago but not any more unless a miracle happens...and I know that it is possible...

Enough of the negative shit...keep a good thought for us or more so Gwen so life can return to a normal...whatever that may be. thanks guys and girls.
Last edited by CanuckHoss on Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

CanuckHoss wrote:I definitely WANT to...really really want to!!!!

Only holdup at this point is Gwen's health or more accurately the state of her back.

It is 11 weeks since Transplant and her Kidney is 100%. But 5 or 6 weeks ago...lost count now...she wrenched her back in bed. it has been just a nightmare for her the past few weeks. She would re-injure every week doing absolutley nothing but maybe stepping up the stairs and blammmm..huge pain and back to square 1.

We even rented a Medi-bed almost 3 weeks ago because she had such a struggle just going from laying down to sitting up in bed...this has made a huge difference the last 3 weeks but her progress has been super slow.

This morning she drove across town for her Monday bloodwork at 7am and hurt her back just punching in her number for the lineup as she had to bend a bit without support. I grabbed a Taxi to go get her. 2 Hours of ER later we are home with stronger pain killers and stronger muscle relaxants...

Last weekend she went upstair Friday night and never came down until Monday morning for her trip to bloodwork at 7am because she found the stairs too hard for her.

I am still spending almost no time at the shop.

Enough of the negative shit...keep a good thought for us or more so Gwen so life can return to a normal...whatever that may be. thanks guys and girls.

PS...Paris was an option I thought a month ago but not any more unless a miracle happens...and I know that it is possible...

Barry -

That really sucks, really hoping that Gwens back will start to heal! Of course we would like to see you in Oct but if you can't make it there will be plenty of other times. No worries, take care of things at home ... many good thoughts for healing headed north.

Biggest thing is to get well ASAP!

Don & Kim

Ronald
$ite $upporter

Post by Ronald »

Is there any activity set up at Biketoberfest Daytona? I mean, a gathering, ride, or any other activity for v-8's during the rally or a meeting point and date/time?

Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

I am not aware of anything formally planned right now, but fear not. I do not know when Billy and Phyl are coming but Wednesday afternoon late would be a good bet. "Duncan Estates" is/has been a gathering point for most of the V8 group at 5pm for years Bike Week and Biketoberfest. They are great and gracious hosts, (hope you like Mich Ultra), and stuff is planned on the fly, sometimes a lunch ride, a cookout and just a general get-together where old friends reconnect and new friends make other new friends.
I am not aware if Boss Hoss factory is coming or not to the Holly Hill area but the V8Chopper tent on the east side of the Speedway is also a gathering point during the day. One will find an ample number of Chopper and BH owners there just about any time; just ride up to and park at their tent but watch your bike as some, a few of the spectators, like to try and sit on other's bikes, especially the Chopper trikes, not often though.
As time nears, check back and see if anything has developed.
Buck
Ronald
$ite $upporter

Post by Ronald »

What about a ride to St Augustine on Saturday ? going next to the beach, we can meet for a coffee/breakfast at Daytona, then ride to St Augustine and have lunch/drinks over there

Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

let's think about that closer to Biketoberfest
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

I just saw this on Facebook and thought that I would share- We also have room on our property if anyone wants to leave their truck/trailer in the DeLand area.

Hauling bikes down to #Biketoberfest? Here are some options for parking the trailer:

All Aboard Storage – 1325 S. Nova Rd., Daytona Beach (386) 255-5484

All Aboard Storage, 3742 Nova Rd., Port Orange (386) 763-4710

Aquamarina Daytona, 645 S. Beach St., Daytona Beach (386) 252-6421

Daytona International Speedway, 1801 W. International Speedway Blvd., Daytona Beach, Gate 40 – access from Williamson Blvd. (386) 681-6477

Drive-in Christian Church, 3140 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (386) 405-2739

Finish Line RV Park, 217 Fentress Blvd., Daytona Beach (386) 238-8221

Holly Hill Mini Storage, 1480 N. Nova Rd., Holly Hill (386) 323-6424

tjy

Post by tjy »

I like seeing Ppl making a week stay as there is a lot to see/Do/Eat in the area. Iron Maiden like to plan rides with food stops, So follow her posts! Tom P.s. The wife is planning to do a lot of riding this year If my Brother from Canada can't come down. :(

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

I plan on being there the whole week but I know Monday thru Wed. night can be boring since no stuff is allowed to be set up downtown. That being said, I would like to go to the seafood place I missed going to during Bike week. Is it still open?
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
tjy

Post by tjy »

Dennis, Got a name of the "Seafood Place"?

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

tjy wrote:I like seeing Ppl making a week stay as there is a lot to see/Do/Eat in the area. Iron Maiden like to plan rides with food stops, So follow her posts! Tom P.s. The wife is planning to do a lot of riding this year If my Brother from Canada can't come down. :(
OH OH TOM!!! Flights booked Tuesday morning...Condo confirmation from John shortly after that on Tuesday.

The only stickler for me is getting the shocks changed over on the yellow trike to the stock ones before I arrive so I can ride it without back issues...

Otherwise count me in...I fly in on Saturday the 10th and fly home Saturday the 17th...wanted to fly home Sunday but waited too long to book flights and Sunday was no longer an option....I almost had no options at all for flights Tuesday but go lucky...

I can leave Gwen alone only because her mom took a week off work and will come and be with her for the week...and people slam mother-in-laws...pfft!!!!
CanuckHoss

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Ronald wrote:What about a ride to St Augustine on Saturday ? going next to the beach, we can meet for a coffee/breakfast at Daytona, then ride to St Augustine and have lunch/drinks over there
Ronald...

I love St. Augustine!!! Norm and I rode up there in 2014 and I rode up myself this year...

I found a Starbucks....fancy that hey!!!!
CanuckHoss

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Zack...give me a quick shout whenever you see this...have info on the shock change over...thank you
CanuckHoss

Ronald
$ite $upporter

Post by Ronald »

Canuck, at what time is your flight back Saturday?

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Ronald wrote:Canuck, at what time is your flight back Saturday?
I fly out of Orlando at 6:00 pm..that Saturday...really wanted Sunday but not much choice at this late booking date.

So I need to be at the Airport by about 3:00

So Saturday is not much a day for me to do anything...the Do-Shuttle to Airport from Daytona is 90 minutes or so.
CanuckHoss

tjy

Post by tjy »

CanuckHoss wrote:
tjy wrote:I like seeing Ppl making a week stay as there is a lot to see/Do/Eat in the area. Iron Maiden like to plan rides with food stops, So follow her posts! Tom P.s. The wife is planning to do a lot of riding this year If my Brother from Canada can't come down. :(
OH OH TOM!!! Flights booked Tuesday morning...Condo confirmation from John shortly after that on Tuesday.

The only stickler for me is getting the shocks changed over on the yellow trike to the stock ones before I arrive so I can ride it without back issues...

Otherwise count me in...I fly in on Saturday the 10th and fly home Saturday the 17th...wanted to fly home Sunday but waited too long to book flights and Sunday was no longer an option....I almost had no options at all for flights Tuesday but go lucky...

Barry You sure you need the Stock shocks? I been riding it with the air shocks even today down to New surmya beach, found a great sweet spot around 27psi NO bad hits. We will have zt switch them for Oct-fest then he can replace them after that. It's all good!!

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

QUOTE Barry You sure you need the Stock shocks? I been riding it with the air shocks even today down to New surmya beach, found a great sweet spot around 27psi NO bad hits. We will have zt switch them for Oct-fest then he can replace them after that. It's all good!! END QUOTE

Tom...

I am going by what Don and I had chatted about the day he picked the trike up to ride to PA and he said it was rough. ..and he has a good back...I don't....he played with almost every lb setting I believe and was still rough. Finally I told him to set the tire pressures at 17 or 20 and that made a big difference for Don...I have not found an air ride yet on a Hoss trike that outperforms the stock shocks set properly..even the new air rides.

I will chat with Don tomorrow and check. I am somewhat skeptical about the air ride just from previous experience with them...someone who does not have back issues may think the ride is good but put someone like me on a trike and I can pinpoint every bump. I would be willing to bet that I can make the stock ride smoother.

I spoke with Sonny today...Whitney's mechanic and he will do the change over for me..not expensive either...we just need to get the trike and stock shocks to him.
I will pay to switch them to stock and if for some reason you and Nancy think that the air ride was better I will pay to switch back to the air ride...only cost is your time to take it there....sound fair???
CanuckHoss

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

CanuckHoss wrote:QUOTE Barry You sure you need the Stock shocks? I been riding it with the air shocks even today down to New surmya beach, found a great sweet spot around 27psi NO bad hits. We will have zt switch them for Oct-fest then he can replace them after that. It's all good!! END QUOTE

Tom...

I am going by what Don and I had chatted about the day he picked the trike up to ride to PA and he said it was rough. ..and he has a good back...I don't....he played with almost every lb setting I believe and was still rough. Finally I told him to set the tire pressures at 17 or 20 and that made a big difference for Don...I have not found an air ride yet on a Hoss trike that outperforms the stock shocks set properly..even the new air rides.

I will chat with Don tomorrow and check. I am somewhat skeptical about the air ride just from previous experience with them...someone who does not have back issues may think the ride is good but put someone like me on a trike and I can pinpoint every bump. I would be willing to bet that I can make the stock ride smoother.

I spoke with Sonny today...Whitney's mechanic and he will do the change over for me..not expensive either...we just need to get the trike and stock shocks to him.
I will pay to switch them to stock and if for some reason you and Nancy think that the air ride was better I will pay to switch back to the air ride...only cost is your time to take it there....sound fair???
Barry -

Sorry I missed your call yesterday while I was driving ... very long day and night in the car picking up Little Bear from school. I will call you later, when the sun comes up in your part of the country!

I believe your right regarding the shocks. I found an ok ride after playing with air ride but biggest help was dropping the tire pressure like you suggested. I have been fighting a bad back for years where I hurt it at work ... damn airplanes. I put air shocks on my BH too, then pulled them off and went back with mechanical, they just worked better for me.

Ronald
$ite $upporter

Post by Ronald »

Since some of you are leaving Daytona on Sat 17th, and since I have not meet any of you guys yet and I can only arrive on Friday 16th, what about dinner on Friday? in a place where all bikes fit and we can get to know?