2015 Run to Sturgis Details - Boss Hoss 25th Anniversary

list any events, gatherings, coffee house poser runs, etc in your area.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
Wild Bill

2015 Run to Sturgis Details - Boss Hoss 25th Anniversary

Post by Wild Bill »

Want to ride with other V8 motorcycles to Sturgis this year? Here are the details for the 2015 V8 Run To Sturgis event this Summer:

- Departing Sunday, July 26th at 9:00am from Virginia (the town of Fredericksburg - just south of Washington, DC). We will ride Sunday, Monday and Tuesday - taking scenic back roads and arriving Tuesday afternoon in Dyersburg, TN. We will average less than 300 miles per day. Hotels along the way will cost approximately $50/person double occupancy and will be paid individually be each rider.

- Departing Wednesday, July 29th at 10:00am from the Boss Hoss Factory in Dyersburg, TN. We will ride Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - also taking nice scenic roads and arriving Friday afternoon in Sturgis, SD. We will average less than 400 miles per day. Hotels along the way will cost approximately $50/person double occupancy and will be paid individually by each rider.

- There will be a chase vehicle with trailer space on the Dyersburg, TN to Sturgis leg of the trip - Thanks to Boss Hoss Motorcycles - and there will be plenty of room for your luggage on the truck as well. There is no chase vehicle on the Virginia to TN leg.

- Several organized rides are planned while at Sturgis (The Badlands, Spearfish Canyon and Mt. Rushmore) so please plan on joining us for those even if you are not riding to Sturgis with the group.

- Size of groups: We expect that the number of motorcycles to be relatively small which should be perfect for this type of long-distance riding. We are planning on less than ten from VA to TN and less than fifteen from TN to Sturgis.

- Please reply to this message or send me a private message if you would like to join the group anywhere along the way. Just sign up and show up!

- Cost: BHRA (Boss Hoss Riders Association) Members ride for free. Non-member cost is $200. You can join the BHRA by visiting http://www.bosshosscountry.com or you can call 731-286-4915 and pay via credit card.

- All V8 brands are welcome to join this ride to Sturgis and the organized rides while in Sturgis.

- Need a place to stay? Let us know and we will put the word out for you since housing is anticipated to be extra difficult to find this year at Sturgis.

Sturgis is definitely a bucket list event and 2015 is the 75th anniversary of Sturgis, so it will be an extra big party this year. Joining the Boss Hoss Factory to celebrate their 25th Anniversary along the way will make it even more memorable!

We are looking forward to riding some of the coolest bikes on the planet across the country to Sturgis. Come join us!

Wild Bill Taylor
"A true hotrodder wouldn't be content until he had created a vehicle so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Re: 2015 Run to Sturgis Details - Boss Hoss 25th Anniversary

Post by CanuckHoss »

I would really, really love to Bill...especially as a dealer BUT the heat would kill me...anything over 90F is a killer for me and I am sure there will be lots of that.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Wow - sounds like an awesome ride and event to attend but this year we are going to Germany (Pullman City) so we will put this on our bucket list for sure. Thanks for the invite!!

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Wonder just how mad the wife would get ... Nah ... It's gonna be STUPID crowded this year being the anniversary. Think I will wait until Jr is Licensed then we can all go :)
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Sounds like a great trip Bill! Be safe and enjoy, hope you have decent weather on the road and at the rally. I've done the Sturgis Rally a couple times in the past, the rally is just ok in my book but the riding is SPECTACULAR!!!!!

Cops are pretty particular with "parking" ... I saw many bikes being towed. They were being fairly rough with this bike until I started to take pictures. Two of the "officers" threatned me to move along because it's not my bike, not my business!

IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING