2015 11th Int. Boss Hoss Rally at Pullman, Germany

list any events, gatherings, coffee house poser runs, etc in your area.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
petitemoose

Re: 2015 11th Int. Boss Hoss Rally at Pullman, Germany

Post by petitemoose »

It has finally hit me that this trip will VERY soon be a reality. I have done a LOT of thinking ( it IS possible LoL ) and have decided on my itinerary up through the end of Pullman City.
This is what I have Come up with ...

Day 1 ( Fri. ) Arrrive 10:45am get luggage go thru Customs and meet the Shuttle will take until noon. 45 minute ride to the dealership about an hour to get the paperwork done and another 30 minutes to get the bike good to go with all my stuff in and on it, Means I won't be ready to leave until around 2:30.
Booked a room in Herzberg which is a 2 hr ride north. That is pretty much All I anticipate being able to do. Will have a decent meal, a drink or three and hit the sheets.

Day 2 + 3 ( Sat + Sun )
Wake up when I wake up. eat breakfast and head out. 2 hr ride will put me in Wolfsburg where I have a room at the Hotel Porsche for 2 nights. This will allow me to take in the 2 Auto Museums and take small excursions to whatever I find around the area OR find a local bar and just chill and engage the locals.

Day 4 ( Mon )
Wake up when I wake up, eat Breakfast and start my trip to Pullman City taking whatever route I come up with and any detours I find Interesting. Straight shot there is about 1.5 Hours So I am sure I will find something along the way.

Day 5 - 9 ( Tues - Sat )
In Pullman City at night and Who knows During the day

Day 10 - 16 ( Sun - Friday )
Will be Determined after talking with Friends ( New and Existing ) I meet with in Pullman City.

Day 17 ( Sat ) is My Bike return date by 2pm ( I think)

Day 18 ( Sun ) Hanging out in Frankfurt

Day 19 ( Mon ) 8:30am Flight Home

I had entertained Ideas about heading North to Denmark and seeing relatives I do not know and have never heard of then I figured ... WHY? I will not beat myself up and wear myself down right out of the gate. The Day 1 schedule is a pretty tough one as it is but I am confident I can accomplish it safely. If I find myself unable to because Of Jet Lag, then I will let the hotel in Herzberg Keep my $50 and I will find something wherever I am.

Wolfsburg is a place I am REALLY looking forward to seeing. The 2 museums there are mostly VW related and I have a love for those odd ball cars! a 60's convertible Ghia is on my list of Must have's and there is a 68 Bug waiting for a V8 Conversion already in my posession. I figure taking 2 days there leisurely taking in what I want to will be a good start to a great trip!

Another place I have my eye on and will try to fit in is Heide Park in Soltau, Lower Saxony. Its about 2 Hrs N of Pullman City and boasts the World's Highest and fastest Wooden Roller Coaster. There are 29 others there to be enjoyed as well. Maybe I can talk a group into going from Pullman City. I think that would be an outstanding day! https://www.heide-park.de/

For now, I am finished with my planning and will now watch as the days go by and the time draws near :)
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Dennis,

Mine is a follows:

Day 1...jet lag..veg out at Uwe's
Day 2...whatever
DAy 3...whatever
DAy 4...travel to Pullman
Day 5...Pullman and friends
Day 6...Pullman and friends
Day 7...Pullman and friends
Day 8...Pullman and friends
Day 9...Pullman and friends
Day 10..whatever
Day 11..relax
Day 12..whatever
Day 13..whatever but only more of it
Day 14..whatever
Day 15..more whatever in Germany
DAy 16..relax again
Day 17..ready for the flight home tomorrow
Day 18...flight and anticipated Jet lag at home

AWESOME TRIP!!!
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Mark

Post by Mark »

Hi Guys,

seems that you have mapped everything out alright. :germany:

There are quite a few historic sites in the vicinity of Pullman City (http://en.harzinfo.de) but if you want to see something more industrial then I recommend to visit the "Harzer Bike-Schmiede Harz". Its an old blacksmith's shop where they made all sort of strange things from old parts.

http://www.harzer-bike-schmiede.de/panzerbike.html
zurwaage.jpg
They built the largest motorcycle of the world featuring 38,000 ccm V12. They took the engine of a T34 Russian tank and put it in a handmade frame and they will start the monster just for you when visiting!!

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Sun May 31, 2015 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Mark wrote:Hi Guys,

seems that you have mapped everything out alright. :germany:

There are quite a few historic sites in the vicinity of Pullman City but if you want to see something more industrial then I recommend to visit the "Biker-Schmide Harz". Its an old blacksmith's shop where they made all sort of strange things from old parts.

http://www.harzer-bike-schmiede.de/panzerbike.html
zurwaage.jpg
They built the largest motorcycle of the world featuring 38,000 ccm V12. They took the engine of a T34 Russian tank and put it in a handmade frame and they will start the monster just for you when visiting!!

Mark
I know I do but not sure about dennis and his very vague plans..

Thanks for the heads up on that bike...might be worth a visit...
CanuckHoss

Mark

Post by Mark »

...and for you:

http://www.yelp.de/biz/boulevard-cafe-quedlinburg

http://cafe-amfinkenherd.de/51/kaesekuchen-mehr

Café, cheese cake & nice half-timbered historic town center => Quedlinburg.

Usually we visit at minimum once the city of Quedlinburg. It is actually not far from Hasselfelde and a nice ride.

Mark
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

During Pullman City I am following where led :) Sounds like GREAT day trips to me!!!
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Mark wrote:...and for you:

http://www.yelp.de/biz/boulevard-cafe-quedlinburg

http://cafe-amfinkenherd.de/51/kaesekuchen-mehr

Café, cheese cake & nice half-timbered historic town center => Quedlinburg.

Usually we visit at minimum once the city of Quedlinburg. It is actually not far from Hasselfelde and a nice ride.

Mark
You know me too well Mark...lol...looks good
CanuckHoss

502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

For sure we will go for the cheese cake. Biene knows Quedlinburg very well and may be a tour gide.

@Dennis: make sure you key in the right Herzberg (best is with postal code) into your Garmin when you are jet laged. There are some five or six Herzberg towns in northern Germany. :doh:
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

502wingman wrote:For sure we will go for the cheese cake. Biene knows Quedlinburg very well and may be a tour gide.

@Dennis: make sure you key in the right Herzberg (best is with postal code) into your Garmin when you are jet laged. There are some five or six Herzberg towns in northern Germany. :doh:
Biene would make an awesome Tour Guide if only she would stop laughing...just kidding..miss her giggles....soon enough they will be there...along with a giggle or two about Mr. bean hey Peter???
CanuckHoss

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

502wingman wrote:For sure we will go for the cheese cake. Biene knows Quedlinburg very well and may be a tour gide.

OUTSTANDING! Just what I need LoL TY for the Heads up :)
Mark

Post by Mark »

I just received the the event schedule for the International Boss Hoss 11th Meeting 2015. Like last year, the program is partly written in German and I took the liberty and summarized it for you.
Flyer außen.jpg
Flyer innen.jpg

As it seems that it is now official that first riders arrive as early as on Sunday 21. June 2015.

Some general remarks for those of you who haven’t heard of that meeting yet:

The International Boss Hoss Rally will take place at the the premises of the Western style theme park "Pullman City Harz" located in the Harz mountains. The rally will start on Sunday, June 21st and end on Sunday, June 28th 2015. All V8 riders are welcome, there will be also many other motorcycle brands present as the location is a famous spot for bikers but also many other spectators and tourists of the area.

The Harz is the highest mountain range in Northern Germany and its rugged terrain extends across parts of Lower Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and Thuringia. The name Harz derives from the Middle High German word Hardt or Hart (mountain forest), Latinized as Hercynia. The legendary Brocken is the highest summit in the Harz with a height of 1,141.1 metres (3,744 ft) above sea level. This is where the witches supposedly meet for their annual "Walpurgisnacht"

The owner of Pullman City, Wolfgang Hagenberger, is a passionated Boss Hoss rider and does everything to make your stay a memorable experience. His entire team of very friendly staff, actors, musicians, magicians and acrobats are really killing themselves during that busy time - just to please you and the theme park audience!! So don't be shy and socialize with them. Take this event off your bucket list and attend!

Every attending V8 rider signs in at the information desk near the "Bikers ranch" to receive their complimentary welcome package! Also important: you will receive free VIP access passes to the theme park!

On Saturday there will be a special ceremony and trophies will be awarded in various disciplines to V8 riders. Again, you and your bike or trike have to be present to collect the prize. That's your chance to show off your bike by riding onto the outdoor stage!

There are various restaurants and bars open all day long where you can have breakfast, lunch or dinner, so there is no real need to leave the premises. Everything is also in walking or crawling distance!! You may also ride to you favorite place but remember no more burnouts inside a bar please!! There is a special place where you can perform your burnouts in front of an applauding crowd - right on Main Street.

Whatever you see or experience at the rally; don't do this at home!

When you join one of the guided tours, please make sure that your bike's tank is fully fueled up - not you! Don't drink and ride!

The detailed program can be summarized as follows:

(1) Sunday, June 21th to Wednesday, June 24th

- Arrival of Boss Hoss riders
- Daily demo rides starting in front of the Boss Hoss Cologne Factory truck
- Daily Wild West show (in fact actually various live acrobatic performances at various locations on the compound; great entertainment for you but also a treat if you bring family)
- Starting Wednesday: Boss Hoss show case & demo rides starting in front of the bikers ranch
- 2:00 pm (kickstand up!, we gather between 1:00 pm and 1:30 pm) daily guided tours by Wolfgang Hagenberger, owner of Pullman City Harz in the surrounding of Harz (awesome - thats a must!)
- 8:00 pm daily live music at the "Big Moose Saloon"

There will be a daily gathering either inside the theme park or in front of the bikers ranch

(1) Thursday, June 25th

- Arrival of Boss Hoss riders (cont.)
- Daily demo rides starting in front of the bikers ranch
- Daily Wild West show (in fact actually various live acrobatic performances at various locations on the compound; great entertainment for you but also a treat if you bring family)
- 1:00 pm (kickstand up!, we gather between 12:00 am and 12:30 am) guided tour by Wolfgang Hagenberger, owner of Pullman City Harz to the infamous „Harzer Bike Schmiede“ (triple awesome - thats again a must!)
- 8:00 pm daily live music at the "Big Moose Saloon"

There will be a daily gathering either inside the theme park or in front of the bikers ranch

(2) Friday, June 26th

- Arrival of Boss Hoss riders (cont.)
- Wild West Show (please understand that you cannot ride onto the main street during live performances)
- 1:00 pm Boss Hoss show case & demo rides
- 1:30 pm (kickstand up!, we gather between 12:30 pm and 1:00 pm) guided tour by Wolfgang Hagenberger, owner of Pullman City Harz to the Wurmberg Braunlage (did I mention that the guided tour is a must?)
- 6:00 pm meet & greet at the Boss Hoss VIP area in front of the Chuck wagon bar; free beer at the courtesy of Pullman City Harz
- 8:00 pm live music featuring the band „Daniel T. Coates & Band“
- 10:30 pm live music featuring the band „Hardcore Troubadours“
- 11:00 pm live table dance in the saloon adjacent to the main hall

(3) Saturday, June 27th

- Wild West Show
- 11:00 am Boss Hoss show case & demo rides
- 1:00 pm (kickstand up!, we gather between 12:00 am and 12:30 am) main V8 parade and scenic tour guided by Wolfgang Hagenberger (did I mention that ...)
- 2:00 pm arrival of V8 riders at the airport Ballenstedt; start of the 1/8th mile race contest on the main runway. Please follow the instructions. Also park your bike behind the start lights. After the race please follow the directions of the TV film crew who is filming for the new Boss Hoss video.
- 3:30 pm departure and guided tour back to Pullman City Harz
- 4:15 pm arrival at Pullman City Harz; please ride your bike into the theme park and park on Main Street!
- 5:00 pm burn-out contest
- 5:30 pm official ceremony with handover of trophies and awards
- 6:00 pm "sexy fotoshooting" (Rated! parental guidance is advised )
- 6:00 pm meet & greet at the Boss Hoss VIP area in front of the Chuck Wagon Bar; free beer at the courtesy of Pullman City Harz
- 8:30 pm live music featuring the band „Four Roses“
- 11:00 pm live table dance in the saloon adjacent to the main hall;
- 11:30 pm "Start your engine" (main street; upon command of Petra Müller). Tradition to honor those Boss Hoss riders who passed away
- 11:45 pm fireworks over main street

(4) Sunday, June 28th

- Departure of boss hoss riders; individual farewell typically in front of the bikers ranch

Please note that next years International Boss Hoss 12th Meeting 2016 will take place 23. - 26.06.2016

Best regards

Mark
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

WOW!!!! Mark thank you for taking the time to translate and type the agenda- sounds like we are going to have a BLAST!!!! See you, your family and the V8 family in a week!!!

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Sounds absolutley AWESOME Mark...thanks...just don't see any stops for a Double Shot Latte extra Hot but I am sure I can be accomodated.....
CanuckHoss

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

:badtothebone:
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Thanks Mark! looks like a great time! Of course, my favorite time will be the "sexy fotoshooting" :maninlove:

Also, I know some Pullman City videos have been posted but I can't find the damn things. Apologies if they are a double post.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Mark

Post by Mark »

phpBB [video]
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Hard to Believe it but in just three days The trip will start. Just purchased Travel Insurance ( $65 ) that will provide $100K of medical insurance and some other benefits should the unexpected happen.
Bike is reserved, ticket is paid for, first couple weeks hotels arranged and I have Euros in the wallet ... Life is Good and about to get better!!!
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

:what_he_said:

mmaupin

Post by mmaupin »

Dennis,

Have a great trip and keep us updated with all of the fun (and beer) you are having.
Regards,

Mark

Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

hope it rain and sleets every damn day,, especially since I can't go ;bullshit:

"the unknown biker"
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Buck wrote:hope it rain and sleets every damn day,, especially since I can't go ;bullshit:

"the unknown biker"
Can't or just not going?? Never too late Buck...you and Susan would make a nice addition to the crew!!
CanuckHoss

V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Buck, there should be enough pics and videos to make you feel like you were there - almost. :nanner:

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Mark wrote:
phpBB [video]
YIKES!! I hope that guy is not on our balcony!!
CanuckHoss

Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

I don't see a problem with "that guy" ;)

Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

Can't or just not going?? Never too late Buck...you and Susan would make a nice addition to the crew!!
come to think of it we would make a great addition, we have all of our hair and don't talk funny
Buck, there should be enough pics and videos to make you feel like you were there - almost
looks as if we will have to settle on that, it's waaay cheaper; right now we have too many irons in the fire, a new deck is being build at the beach and I have got to get the boat in the water for the first time this year and catch some Spanish.
Y'all (Barry also) need to plan on the Pigeon Forge thing next May.
Have a safe and memorable trip, say hi to all for us. Like they say, maybe next year.