2015 11th Int. Boss Hoss Rally at Pullman, Germany

list any events, gatherings, coffee house poser runs, etc in your area.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

2015 11th Int. Boss Hoss Rally at Pullman, Germany

Post by CanuckHoss »

So far Dennis / Petite Moose and I have plans in place to go and have some fun with the locals, not so locals and anyone else..

Rooms booked...flights are easy to get a few months before.

We hope / plan on a tour around Germany or where ever for a week or 10 days after the Rally..shame to just do the Rally and come home.

Still trying to get shipping of the trike...

Mark...could you have Knopf Tours contact me regarding the shipping of my trike to Germany after Daytona in March?? please and thank you. itsradu@gmail. com
Last edited by CanuckHoss on Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Re: 2015 11th Int. Boss Hoss Rally at Pullman City Germany

Post by V8Bikers »

Barry, I changed it. To do so: hit the edit button at the top of the post and in the posting window, above the smilies , you will see a box where the title of the thread is and you can make any changes there.

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

SO Looking forward to the trip!! Not Sure if Germany is ready for us :)
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

V8Bikers wrote:Barry, I changed it. To do so: hit the edit button at the top of the post and in the posting window, above the smilies , you will see a box where the title of the thread is and you can make any changes there.
Bill

Thank you ..awesome service!!!

Dennis

:canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada:
CanuckHoss

Swiss V8

Re: 2015 11th Int. Boss Hoss Rally at Pullman, Germany

Post by Swiss V8 »

That's great to see you getting ready already!
Thisway you will not miss the party...

Are you planning to arrive in time for the rally and traveling afterwards or traveling around and the rally is the finish before you fly back?

If anyone needs help to find some nice spots in Europe or Switzerland, let me know.
Martin

BHRA President Europe
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Canuck and Petite- what are your travel days? Are you bringing your bikes? Anyone else planning on going?

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Iron Maiden wrote:Canuck and Petite- what are your travel days? Are you bringing your bikes? Anyone else planning on going?
Martin and Susan,

Our plans are to get there in time for me to pickup my trike from where ever..not sure at this point...and Dennis to get his rental and then off to Pullman.

We plan for a week or better of riding around / touring AFTER Pullman Rally...that way if someone we meet wants to tour us around we have company.

So realistically our travel dates will be probable 2 days or so before Pullman and then 7 to 10 days after Pullman (hell...maybe 2 weeks)

I am working hard to get my trike shipped after Daytona in March. So far I have no luck in contacting the people I need to...damn... No answer from Boss Hoss Germany as to whether I can ship it in one of their containers from the Factory. I can't get a hold of Uwe who I met in March and ships 2 containers roundtrip to Florida every March and no contact yet with the people that Mark uses all the time. So I am really anxiously waiting.

Remeber guys...the more the merrier, I looks like this Bucket List item is coming to fruition.
CanuckHoss

Swiss V8

Post by Swiss V8 »

If you are shipping by 'Knopf Tours' the bikes and trikes will end up at Heidelberg.

Here is there HP in English:
http://www.knopftours.com/Web-Site/Hello.html

I would recommend arriving at the rally Thursday afternoon. Even better is Wednesday afternoon, more party... :tequila:

I usually leave Monday morning after the rally, that lets you rest on Sunday when everybody rushes off...
Martin

BHRA President Europe
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Swiss V8 wrote:If you are shipping by 'Knopf Tours' the bikes and trikes will end up at Heidelberg.

Here is there HP in English:
http://www.knopftours.com/Web-Site/Hello.html

I would recommend arriving at the rally Thursday afternoon. Even better is Wednesday afternoon, more party... :tequila:

I usually leave Monday morning after the rally, that lets you rest on Sunday when everybody rushes off...
Thank you Martin

Also...I have awesome news...Stefan from Knopf Tours just emailed me...shipment leaves March 16th or so..I am done the 14th so that works...

Looks like an hour or so from Frankfurt to Heidelberg for trike pickup...too easy...
CanuckHoss

Mark

Post by Mark »

Hi Barry,

I think you are covered! Actually, I am also turning in my bike on Monday the 16th of March - right after bikeweek. Get a firm quote - as Stefan can be a bit "vage" about cost sometimes.

As you are a dealer and since you may want to leave your trike in Europe, you may also want to check with the factory on costs re: shipping via interco. delivery.

Pickung up the bike/trike in Heidelberg is actually quite convenient.

Best regards

Mark
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Mark wrote:Hi Barry,

I think you are covered! Actually, I am also turning in my bike on Monday the 16th of March - right after bikeweek. Get a firm quote - as Stefan can be a bit "vage" about cost sometimes.

As you are a dealer and since you may want to leave your trike in Europe, you may also want to check with the factory on costs re: shipping via interco. delivery.

Pickung up the bike/trike in Heidelberg is actually quite convenient.

Best regards

Mark
Thanks Mark...I would like to have the trike presold to a dealer (Germany, France or Sweden) so it was gone when I leave Germany or sell it at the Rally to someone then have Andreas look after the deal..Importing etc.

if it does not sell...but I am confident it will...I might shoot back to Europe in August for the Oslo V8 Rally....

I will check with the factory but shipping with them would mean another $1,000 to get the trike to Tennessee from Florida
Last edited by CanuckHoss on Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CanuckHoss

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Right now it is looking like I will be flying in Tuesday. MAY have to wait a day to pick up the rental bike as some specify that they will not rent on arrival day. TRYING to get a few options lined up. My main concern is luggage / storage. I know i will need more than a few days of clothing and storage is very limited on a bike. I have time to get it all worked out before the trip.
Barry and I both agree that a week to 14 days after the rally is optimal. When you have a hall pass ... USE IT!
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

petitemoose wrote:Right now it is looking like I will be flying in Tuesday. MAY have to wait a day to pick up the rental bike as some specify that they will not rent on arrival day. TRYING to get a few options lined up. My main concern is luggage / storage. I know i will need more than a few days of clothing and storage is very limited on a bike. I have time to get it all worked out before the trip.
Barry and I both agree that a week to 14 days after the rally is optimal. When you have a hall pass ... USE IT!
Dennis...what bike are you getting?? At least saddlebags I assume?...then you add 2 t-bags to that..one on the sissybar rack and one on the passenger seat...lots of storage in those tbags...if you get a decker then a decent size tbag on the passenger seat should accomodate most items..

For me the 32 Coupe is not ideal for space but will work nicely...a 57 would have been better for room but it is what it is...
CanuckHoss

Swiss V8

Post by Swiss V8 »

CanuckHoss wrote:
petitemoose wrote:Right now it is looking like I will be flying in Tuesday. MAY have to wait a day to pick up the rental bike as some specify that they will not rent on arrival day. TRYING to get a few options lined up. My main concern is luggage / storage. I know i will need more than a few days of clothing and storage is very limited on a bike. I have time to get it all worked out before the trip.
Dennis...what bike are you getting?? At least saddlebags I assume?...then you add 2 t-bags to that..one on the sissybar rack and one on the passenger seat...lots of storage in those tbags...if you get a decker then a decent size tbag on the passenger seat should accomodate most items..
I did travel with goretex and leathers with two bigger bags and one smaller one strapped to the sissybar (passenger seat and lugage rack) without saddlebags for 2 weeks. That was no big deal.
CanuckHoss wrote:For me the 32 Coupe is not ideal for space but will work nicely...a 57 would have been better for room but it is what it is...
The Ford Pickup rear end must have even more space, but as you said: It is what it is...

It's great to have you both on board!
Martin

BHRA President Europe
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Swiss V8 wrote:
CanuckHoss wrote:
I did travel with goretex and leathers with two bigger bags and one smaller one strapped to the sissybar (passenger seat and lugage rack) without saddlebags for 2 weeks. That was no big deal.
CanuckHoss wrote:For me the 32 Coupe is not ideal for space but will work nicely...a 57 would have been better for room but it is what it is...
The Ford Pickup rear end must have even more space, but as you said: It is what it is...

It's great to have you both on board!
The 32 Coupe is a bit more space I beleive than a true touring bike plus I can strap a Tbag to the sissy bar and set it on the passenger seat.

As far as Dennis...he needs to cut down on the amount of panties he takes!! :rofl: :rofl:
CanuckHoss

Mark

Post by Mark »

Hi folks,

its OK if you two want to swap panties every other day ;-) but I would suggest the following:

@Dennis, get one really large duffel bag which you can easily check-in at the airport and which you also can strap onto the passenger seat. ...and get a bike with hard shell saddle bags for everything else.

@Barry, you can actually sent your riding gear ahead with your bike as Stefan Knopfs US logistic partner accepts some personal luggage too.

Both of you should consider a rain suit, you may need it! A rain suit is cheap, small in packing size and not only keeps you dry when needed but also warm when traveling a whole day.

Also, a GPS system preloaded with maps of the EU would really come handy in Germany/Europe. One inexpensive solution would be buying eg. a Nuvi Garmin Car GPS for 100-150 Euro. Further you would need an external battery pack for Mini USB and one of those Ziplock bags to protect the GPS should you experience unfavorable whether condition (meaning RAIN).

In any event, you really should arrive at Pullman City no later than Tuesday/Wednesday to embrace all the fun and have more private guided tours and better personal talks as it becomes more crowded towards the weekend.

Mark
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

from the research I have already done and the availability i have seen, It looks like the bmw 1200gs will be my steed. It seems to be well recommended, light and agile with reasonable power. My 2nd option is a Goldwing. They are about the same money and the Goldwing has WAY more storage. It may also have a built in GPS system which would be a bonus. Still waiting on a reply from Andy to see what they have to offer and at what price.
As for the panties ... LoL I only wear panties for parties. The rest of the time I go commando. Good Luck sleeping with THAT image in your head ;)
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Dennis, what are they charging you for the rental? Also, did it seem like Andy had a lot of rentals available or was it hard to get one?

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

petitemoose wrote:from the research I have already done and the availability i have seen, It looks like the bmw 1200gs will be my steed. It seems to be well recommended, light and agile with reasonable power. My 2nd option is a Goldwing. They are about the same money and the Goldwing has WAY more storage. It may also have a built in GPS system which would be a bonus. Still waiting on a reply from Andy to see what they have to offer and at what price.
As for the panties ... LoL I only wear panties for parties. The rest of the time I go commando. Good Luck sleeping with THAT image in your head ;)
Dennis..you did the get the message that the Company who is shipping my trike rents Beemers at their pickup location in Heidelberg? We could both depart from the same location..

Also...COMMANDO? :yikes: :yikes: I may have to rent the other 1/2 of the room to someone who wears clothes...lol
CanuckHoss

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Mark wrote:Hi folks,

its OK if you two want to swap panties every other day ;-) but I would suggest the following:

@Dennis, get one really large duffel bag which you can easily check-in at the airport and which you also can strap onto the passenger seat. ...and get a bike with hard shell saddle bags for everything else.

@Barry, you can actually sent your riding gear ahead with your bike as Stefan Knopfs US logistic partner accepts some personal luggage too.

Both of you should consider a rain suit, you may need it! A rain suit is cheap, small in packing size and not only keeps you dry when needed but also warm when traveling a whole day.

Also, a GPS system preloaded with maps of the EU would really come handy in Germany/Europe. One inexpensive solution would be buying eg. a Nuvi Garmin Car GPS for 100-150 Euro. Further you would need an external battery pack for Mini USB and one of those Ziplock bags to protect the GPS should you experience unfavorable whether condition (meaning RAIN).

In any event, you really should arrive at Pullman City no later than Tuesday/Wednesday to embrace all the fun and have more private guided tours and better personal talks as it becomes more crowded towards the weekend.

Mark
Mark,

I really can't ship much of what I need for riding in advance as I have 3 months of riding at home before Germany. Rainsuit? Check Electric vest? Check Ziplock bags for when needed? Check

What are the average temperatures there usually for that time of year? I know there have been wet spells for sure a few years. Riding the rain on a trike is too damn easy.

I will pack what I need in soft bags that I can easily fold and store in the trike rather than a suitcase. hell...maybe I will try Commando like Dennis...lol

I guess we should look into a Garmin with Europe loaded into it...an english speaking one for sure as my german is not quite what it should be. Maybe while in Daytona Dennis and I can learn German from Uwe...

Thank you Mark..any and ALL input is greatly appreciated
CanuckHoss

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

V8Bikers wrote:Dennis, what are they charging you for the rental? Also, did it seem like Andy had a lot of rentals available or was it hard to get one?
When I first started researching bike rentals, I found a site that has a touring Bmw for 10 days for right around $1200 + GPS rental. Since then, that site has responded to my email confirmation request with a "we are not really sure if we will have the bmw 1200GS available or not. Check back in March"
All the other sites are quoting me around $1800.
I have not had a response from BHGermany about their rentals yet., I am hoping that they are competative with my first rental choice. That would make things SO much simpler!
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

:canada: :canada: :canada: :canada:

I have the best friends in the world. In the US and Europe!!!

In the past 2 days I have booked shipping of the trike from Orlando to Germany the 16th of March. Very reasonable rate.

My friend from Germany who Dennis and I met by accident in a bar on Mainstreet Daytona 2014, Uwe, emailed today that is he will look after us, and my trike, before the rally and after the Rally, he is going above and beyond and showing us hospitality that sets the bar very high.

Now I am just ecstatic about the trip...pretty much everything is in place 100% for me and Dennis is working on his.. I just need to wait for a bit of a seat sale in the next 3 or 4 months and away I go.
CanuckHoss

firstboss

Post by firstboss »

daytona 2014 023.jpg
[attachment=1]daytona 2014 054.jpg[/attac
Berry,
Yes, we had a lot of fun 2014 in Daytona! :capwin:
and 2015, we again give gas, what fun it is !!! :yourock:
We look forward to seeing you when you come to Germany to my Home
and we are biking to BossHossRally in PulmannCity !!!
We will do everything for your holiday with us !!!

I'll see you in Daytona.
Greetings Uwe. :canada: :germany: :usa:
Attachments
daytona 2014 054.jpg
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Between Mark and Uwe we can't help but have a great time!! Can't tell you guys how absolutely helpful these guys have been!!! I have a full set of waterproof maps of Germany that showed up on my doorstep from DHL.de. behind the scenes mark has been patiently helping me go through a lot of hairbrained ideas ( like buying, shipping, driving and finally selling a Polaris Slingshot in Germany ) but I have finally resolved to just going the simple route and renting a bike. Not sure if I am going through Stefan or renting a Rewaco ( that idea Barry planted in my head). That is the last of the hard decisions to be made. The rest i am not worried about as I am a happy go lucky kinda guy when on Vacation.

The good news is that we will all be getting together in Daytona in March 2015 at Daytona for Bike Week as well.

I am also waiting to buy the plane ticket until the prices get reasonable

While the dates are not solid yet, we are now looking at June 18 ish to July 6th ish. The way I see it, If I am going to subject myself to an 8 hour flight in a seat from a Yugo, I am gonna make the trip WELL worth it!
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Uwe,

ummmmm...Gwen asked me why I had my head between that young lady's legs and I did not have a good reply....I don't think I am in trouble...I blamed it on Norm..lol

Dennis...

You will figure it all out with what you will be riding for sure...I think you would love the Rewaco trike except it is not 400hp like you are used to
CanuckHoss