Daytona Bike Week 2014

list any events, gatherings, coffee house poser runs, etc in your area.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
Buck
$ite $upporter

Re: Daytona Bike Week 2014

Post by Buck »

You would love it today Don, mid 80's
bite me!!!!
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

V8Bikers wrote:You would love it today Don, mid 80's... 8-)

REALLY looking forward to it Bill! I believe Kim has made (or will be making) arrangements with Jamie to show us around. Kim is happy to be down in March, she usualy only makes Oct!
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Buck wrote:
You would love it today Don, mid 80's
bite me!!!!
:lol:

V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Buck wrote:

bite me!!!!
:nanner:

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

V-MAN wrote:
V8Bikers wrote:You would love it today Don, mid 80's... 8-)

REALLY looking forward to it Bill! I believe Kim has made (or will be making) arrangements with Jamie to show us around. Kim is happy to be down in March, she usualy only makes Oct!
Sounds great Don. Let us know when you get here.

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Just wanted to repost this as more has been added:

http://www.officialbikeweek.com/

Also, Chris Cruz Artistry is holding an event Sunday 3/9 at Custom Works from 10-4 pm. From his website...

MARCH 9 The 2nd annual Chris Cruz Artistry ”Art on Wheels” on location at Custom Works Motorcycles

On Sunday MARCH 9TH ( 10am – 4pm ) join us for a great Bike Week exhibit at Custom Works in Daytona. Custom Works Motorcycles will have vendors, music, food, bike shows, and more during BikeWeek. We will have our 2nd annual “Art on Wheels” exhibit on this Sunday only featuring custom painted bikes for everyone to enjoy. Save the date for this super Sunday! Anyone who owns a motorcycle or trike painted by Chris Cruz Artistry are welcome to ride-in and be part of our exhibit for as long as you would like join us! Custom Works Motorcycles is located at 833 W. International Speedway Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL 32114 http://www.cwidaytona.com/ We had a wonderful turnout last year, so save the date and be part of this super Sunday!

DeLand, FL.

V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Two week countdown!!

phpBB [video]

DeLand, FL.

V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

I know some come in a week or two prior to the event and wanted to get a list so maybe we can meet up before hand. PM your number if you are not comfortable putting it online. Mine is: 386-985-0630

DeLand, FL.

indiana geezer

Post by indiana geezer »

Bill We will be in town march first. We are thinking about riding down to key west plan to be back on the forth. I'll by the first round. 219-851-0427
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

indiana,
sounds good! Give us a call once you get settled back in town. 386-985-0630
Bill

DeLand, FL.

V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Son of a bitch, one week left!!! well, kinda. I know some are here already and I will be going up next week to check out the pre event activities.

phpBB [video]

DeLand, FL.

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

I should have been down in the "sunshine state" by now ... it looks like I won't get to pull out of here until at least Wednesday or Thursday. I'll be lucky if I get there for the official start! I always enjoyed getting to town early and doing what I want before the crowds take over. Between yet another snow storm and trying to clear out property ;bullshit: I'm really behind. Save me some good weather heh ...

Did I mention already that WINTER SUCKS
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

V-MAN wrote:I should have been down in the "sunshine state" by now ... it looks like I won't get to pull out of here until at least Wednesday or Thursday. I'll be lucky if I get there for the official start! I always enjoyed getting to town early and doing what I want before the crowds take over. Between yet another snow storm and trying to clear out property ;bullshit: I'm really behind. Save me some good weather heh ...

Did I mention already that WINTER SUCKS
S.O.A.B!!!! Minus 20 F here for the last few days as a friggin high...not low..low tinite around -32 or so F... and more to come. highly unusual for the last of Feb and 1st of March...I should have booked to fly out Monday instead of Thursday..hopefully the chicken skin only last a few days once i get to Daytona...Global Warming?? funny..that is like saying our politicians are getting smarter... :rofl: :rofl:
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Here is the 10 day forecast for Daytona Beach. It isn't the best looking forecast but better than what most are dealing with. Hopefully it will just keep getting better. 8-)
Attachments
image.jpg

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Iron Maiden wrote:Here is the 10 day forecast for Daytona Beach. It isn't the best looking forecast but better than what most are dealing with. Hopefully it will just keep getting better. 8-)
I'll take that over the shit here...could be better there but could also be worse!!

I pick up my trike Friday morning so it should be good...vroooom...vrooom!!
CanuckHoss

Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Friday light rain maybe and 65F...YES!!!!

Beats this:

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weathe ... ta/calgary

even brass monkeys are inside!!
CanuckHoss

Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

CanuckHoss wrote:
Friday light rain maybe and 65F...YES!!!!

Beats this:

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weathe ... ta/calgary

even brass monkeys are inside!!

Butkicker

Post by Butkicker »

Yes better than here , talked with resort she said not 70-80 s next week ? Hope she is right this has been long cold winter leveling here Friday morning :group_hug:
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Here is a link to some Bike Week photos:

( click on top right pic, select slideshow near the top left of the photo window then full screen on the top right of the slide show window)

https://v8bikers.shutterfly.com/pictures

DeLand, FL.

Wild Bill

Post by Wild Bill »

Great week... thanks for the pics!!!

Wild Bill
"A true hotrodder wouldn't be content until he had created a vehicle so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Thanks for the GREAT pics Bill.

....Johnston, Iowa
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Thanks Bill
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

:banghead: We were once again plaque'ed by the bike week curse!!! Bill has had issues starting his bike first thing in the morning so we decided to ask Kevin from Stamford his thoughts. Kevin thought of the ignition module located in the distributor. Since it was raining Wednesday morning we decided to start looking around for the culprit. Sure enough after lifting the distributor cap Bill noticed the rotor was cracked and loose. He also noticed one spring was broken on the center weights. On Thursday we were able to locate a rebuild kit with a distributor cap and rotor. Friday we put it all together 11am we are ready to go ........ Strong start ......Stalls... And no go.... Won't start so back to the garage to see if spring broke again - nope all is good we finally found a loose ground near fuel pump and filled main tank. It is late afternoon we are hungry and not feeling real good that the problem has been solved. We started her up and VROOOOMMM strong as ever and off we go to a local restaurant. No issues so we think we are good to go.

Unfortunately we missed one of the best days of bike week the V8run and Bakers BBQ!!! We will not have any pictures or videos so we are hoping someone out there has a few and can share them. We hope all that attended had a great time !!!

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Iron Maiden wrote::banghead: We were once again plaque'ed by the bike week curse!!! Bill has had issues starting his bike first thing in the morning so we decided to ask Kevin from Stamford his thoughts. Kevin thought of the ignition module located in the distributor. Since it was raining Wednesday morning we decided to start looking around for the culprit. Sure enough after lifting the distributor cap Bill noticed the Rotor was cracked and loose. He also noticed one spring was broken on the center weights. On Thursday we were able to locate a rebuild kit with a distributor cap and rotor. Friday we put it all together 11am we are ready to go ........ Strong start ......Stalls... And no go.... Won't start so back to the garage to see if spring broke again - nope all is good we finally found a loose ground near fuel pump and filled main tank. It is late afternoon we are hungry and not feeling real good that the problem has been solved. We started her up and VROOOOMMM strong as ever and off we go to a local restaurant. No issues so we think we are good to go.

Unfortunately we missed one of the best days of bike week the V8run and Bakers BBQ!!! We will not have any pictures or videos so we are hoping someone out there has a few and can share them. We hope all that attended had a great time !!!
Was wondering what happened to you guys! I took almost NO pics this year so I will not be able to help out BUT ... I know Barry took a few good ones that he should be able to share once he gets home.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...