Daytona Bike Week 2014

list any events, gatherings, coffee house poser runs, etc in your area.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Re: Daytona Bike Week 2014

Post by CanuckHoss »

Well...the weather Gods were not on my side yesterday or the truckers side. We both lost a day.

I went last nite thru a snow storm and quite icy roads for 3 hours to hopefully meet the trucker this morning. I got a call from the trucker last nite that he was really sick and sitting 2 hours south of the border...would call me in the morning.

Soooo...fingers crossed all nite.

Got the call and I headed the last hour to the border. He was Ok and we loaded Kevin's bike and my trike in snow and -15C...not what you really want to be doing with bikes.

Anyways.... I got home safe just now and waiting for the flight on March 6th...... :popcorn:
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Glad all ended well! See u in a month :canada:
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Great news Barry, glad it all worked out! -5 :shock:

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

One month to go :capwin:

phpBB [video]

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

yep...4 weeks from today I am there...cant wait!!!
CanuckHoss

Wild Bill

Post by Wild Bill »

Seriously - Can't - Wait
"A true hotrodder wouldn't be content until he had created a vehicle so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Wild Bill wrote:Seriously - Can't - Wait
Any update as to the Factory and dealer location ( address) ?

Shriner Ride?

Who is Buying Moose a drink or 3?
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

petitemoose wrote:
Wild Bill wrote:Seriously - Can't - Wait

Shriner Ride?

Who is Buying Moose a drink or 3?
See if this makes sense

QUOTE "Coming from the north heading south get off LPGA blvd. Exit 265. head south on US 1 /Ridgewood Ave.. It will be on the right side HOLLY LAND PARK.. may be a block or 2 .If you are on A1A go to Seabreeze Ave,over Bridge heading west. When you get to US1 go North. the Streets are numbered.
5th Street 7th st. when you et to 9th St. on the right , the next block on the left will be 10th st. , HOLLY LAND Park will be on the left side past 10th St. By then you might be able to see signs I 95" END QUOTE
CanuckHoss

Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

On Ridgewood Av, (US#1)west side and 1 block south of LPGA Blvd.
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

SO u r saying they will be right here -----------> https://www.google.com/maps/preview/@29 ... a=!3m1!1e3
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

yes, between 10th St. and 11th St. (LPGA Blvd.)
For the past 2 years Holly Hill has been attempting to capitalize on Bike Week by opening up an area for vendors, maybe this will really help them. I believe that Deland has also set aside a day for bikers also during this time period. Bill and Susan can speak more definitively on that. Yo Bill....Susan
Buck
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Hello, hello, I hear Mr Buck calling... :D Yes, the Deland rally is held on the first Saturday of bike week so it will be on 3/8. There is a great turnout and downtown Deland is a nice place to hang for a few hours.

http://delandrally.com/

DeLand, FL.

Butkicker

Post by Butkicker »

Sounds like a plan 25 more days yessssthanks for updates
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

V8Bikers wrote:Hello, hello, I hear Mr Buck calling... :D Yes, the Deland rally is held on the first Saturday of bike week so it will be on 3/8. There is a great turnout and downtown Deland is a nice place to hang for a few hours.

Yep, cool place to hang around ... there is a GREAT hot dog shop right on the main street where are the activity is at. I don't remember the name of the place but the food was AWESOME.

Don
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

petitemoose wrote:Who is Buying Moose a drink or 3?

I thought the locals are supposed to buy ... better bring the Titanium Card :tequila: :capwin:

23 Days Left ...

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

V-MAN wrote:
V8Bikers wrote:Hello, hello, I hear Mr Buck calling... :D Yes, the Deland rally is held on the first Saturday of bike week so it will be on 3/8. There is a great turnout and downtown Deland is a nice place to hang for a few hours.

Yep, cool place to hang around ... there is a GREAT hot dog shop right on the main street where are the activity is at. I don't remember the name of the place but the food was AWESOME.

Don
Don,

An awesome hotdog?? Such a thing?? thought you were into the health food thing?? LOL
CanuckHoss

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

V-MAN wrote:

I thought the locals are supposed to buy ... better bring the Titanium Card :tequila: :capwin:

23 Days Left ...
Better find a cheap pub ... All I have is the Aluminum Card
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

CanuckHoss wrote:
V-MAN wrote:

Don
Don,

An awesome hotdog?? Such a thing?? thought you were into the health food thing?? LOL
Barry -

Well it was all beef ... and it tasted good! I try not to think about what kind of "beef" they use :shakehead: I try to eat healthy but that doesn't ussualy happen on the road ... sometimes not at home either!

Don

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

petitemoose wrote:
V-MAN wrote:

23 Days Left ...
Can probably work something out ... Is BH still charging a fee for demo rides? Under-cut the factory a couple bucks, ditch the over 25 or 30 year old rule (forgot the exact age requirement) and you might have a line of takers filling your pockets with cash! :yourwelcome:

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

V-MAN wrote:
petitemoose wrote:
V-MAN wrote:

23 Days Left ...
Can probably work something out ... Is BH still charging a fee for demo rides? Under-cut the factory a couple bucks, ditch the over 25 or 30 year old rule (forgot the exact age requirement) and you might have a line of takers filling your pockets with cash! :yourwelcome:
GREAT IDEA!!!! Since you have a trike, we can offer them a choice of which they want to ride :)
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

My wife Cheryl and Brian Wards girlfriend at the time Jenn , both demo rode Boss bikes a few years ago and I don't recall it costing anything . .
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

They have a $50 Demo Ride fee that they have posted for those that just walk up and want to take one for a spin. If you talk to a dealer or already own one, they waive it. When I first test rode one three or four years ago, that is how it was. David from Houston got the fee waived for me and that is the ride that started my obsession.
I spoke with Doug in October and had a test ride lined up for a friend and he said they would waive it then too. Long Story short, I think they use it to deter those they are not comfortable with for whatever reason.
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

My wife Cheryl and Brian Wards girlfriend at the time Jenn , both demo rode Boss bikes a few years ago and I don't recall it costing anything . .
time flies Jack, believe it or not but I remember that and it was cold that day and was before BH started charging. Shortly thereafter BH started charging something like $10 and gave a free T shirt that read "I rode a Boss Hoss." Rad told me that it was initially done to recoup the gas cost.
Buck
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

15 Days

I am really anxious this year, seems more this year then ever ... So tired of cleaning snow and dealing with cold. Hopefully this will be the last winter to deal with all this "winter crap" Image

V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

You would love it today Don, mid 80's... 8-)

DeLand, FL.