Daytona Bike Week 2014

list any events, gatherings, coffee house poser runs, etc in your area.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Re: Daytona Bike Week 2014

Post by CanuckHoss »

5am Sunday sitting at the Airport. Home in 15 hours. I will gather the photos and post as soon as I can
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
V8Norm

Post by V8Norm »

I did not take very many pictures, can't help out, sorry.

It was a great trip, I am glad I found the time to make it!

Super time great people. :group_hug:
Norm
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Not sure where to start...9 awesome days in Daytona and area with some of the best people in the world!!

Thank you to Billy and Phyllis and Tim and Mary for hospitality second to none!

Thank you to Wild Bill for putting on another successful V8 Ride down Main street Friday and the Rat's Hole Show event.

Thank you to Boss Hoss Factory for the get together Tuesday for lunch where they were setup and then again for the nice evening at the Marina location..wish I had the coin for a condo there..wowsers!

Thank you to all the Boss Hoss dealers for their individual hospitality at their booths.

Thank you to the V8 Choppers crew for their hospitality also.

Thank you to John Altman for the great condo room again! having underground parking with a wash bay is priceless in Florida.

Spent most of a day with Don / Vman...always a nice visit.

Spent a couple days with Norm...one was a trip him and I took to St. Augustine just for a coffee. Norm is more entertaining than most people know!!!

Spent more than 1 day with a " t-shirt less" (not for long)..lol... Dennis. we were quite a pair when riding together on our GREEN machines!!

Spent evenings on Main street in front of Froggies with a few guys...one being my new friend Uwe from Germany...small world...I walked into Froggies and thought he was a bouncer looking me over..then he pointed at my shirt and said in a German accent " Boss Hoss Canada"...blew me away as we have never met!!! He came to Daytona first time in 1993 and bought a kit bike from Monte. For the last 20 years he has been shipping it along with 3 containers loaded with other German motorcycles...they stay 6 weeks. Ask him about "pond water' if you ever see him..lol I have been thinking of going to Pullman in Germany this year.... and meeting and visiting with Uwe makes the urge more powerful...Uwe is pictures below

In total I am not sure how many miles I accumulated but it does not matter...the PEOPLE absolutely make this event and the V8 crowd gets top honours in my books.

This was my second time there and I had 9 days rather than 6. That was a good move for me and honestly...a few more at the start like Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday would not hurt my feelings at all. It felt more like home this time as i was familiar with the layout and seeing people the second time around felt very very familiar...friends for life.

Had a couple people interested in the Green Willys trike but in the end it is headed back to Canada..that is ok as I never went to Daytona with the intent of getting it sold.

When I get my pics posted somewhere then I will post a link.

You just can't beat meeting other V8 riders...some who have been on the forum for years and others that are there and you are getting glimpse of them for the first time

All in all...I would rate this Holiday a solid 10 out of 10... I hope everyone got or gets home safely...

I have been up for 20 hours and may have forgotten to thank someone...if I did sorry in advance and I will add it in this post when I remember.
Attachments
Uwe01.jpg
Last edited by CanuckHoss on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
CanuckHoss

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

10th Annual V8 ride pictures

Post by CanuckHoss »

Here is the link to the pictures taken by a photographer.

You may have to create an account..no biggy..the pictures are really good

http://www.bikerspost.com/albums/view/13332
CanuckHoss

V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Thanks for the link Barry - great pics. Really sucked we were not able to make the run, oh well, next year awaits!

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Barry's pictures

Post by CanuckHoss »

CanuckHoss

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

GREAT Pictures! Thx for Sharing :)
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Mark

Post by Mark »

Great pictures! Thanks!

Mark
Mark

Post by Mark »

...and just in case you missed the video:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 ... 4186011634

Mark
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

The last chapter of Daytona 2014 is tomorrow..APRIL 1st and it is definetly making an April Fools to remember....

I have a 4 hour trip to the Border tomorrow to pick up my Willys trike from Daily Direct at noon.

When i got home 2 weeks ago i thought there might be a chance Gwen could take me to the Border and I could ride it home..a big FAT NOT!!!

In the 15 days i have been home I have seen one day of sun..2 days above freezing and more days with snow than not...and today is no exception..about 3 inches of fresh stuff and snowing as i type..an inch in the last hour...should make for an interesting trip in the early morning.

A winter not soon forgotten for sure!
CanuckHoss

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

CanuckHoss wrote:The last chapter of Daytona 2014 is tomorrow..APRIL 1st and it is definetly making an April Fools to remember....

I have a 4 hour trip to the Border tomorrow to pick up my Willys trike from Daily Direct at noon.

When i got home 2 weeks ago i thought there might be a chance Gwen could take me to the Border and I could ride it home..a big FAT NOT!!!

In the 15 days i have been home I have seen one day of sun..2 days above freezing and more days with snow than not...and today is no exception..about 3 inches of fresh stuff and snowing as i type..an inch in the last hour...should make for an interesting trip in the early morning.

A winter not soon forgotten for sure!
Frig...I thought today was April 1st..oh well

Woke up to 3 inches of fresh snow..trip went well though..trike is 100% and home..Daily Direct comes thru again..THANK YOU!
CanuckHoss