Boss Hoss Country Subscriptions

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Redtro

Re: Boss Hoss Country Subscriptions

Post by Redtro »

You know Mike....I'm just like most here who have had to call multiple times to either get my annual BHRA dues information and/or magazines and have for years. Sometimes I had to call for the same thing more than once because the first call didn't get any results at all. After a couple of times, you get to where you don't care anymore. The magazines are nice but not worth that much hassle. I'll just borrow one or get the missing ones from the B.H. demo truck the next time I see it. It's just easier that way.

The funny thing is that if there have been 4000 B.H.'s built in total and there are 260 working days in the year then that means they get no more that 15 BHRA checks per day (at most) and I would bet they don't get more than 2 or 3 per day in reality....if that many. So, exactly how long would it take just one person that posts the checks to go to the active subscribers list and activate an address at the same time?....30 seconds?....1 min.? AT MOST!!!

Whatever system they have that makes it difficult to ADD a name to an active list is very good at REMOVING a name from the active list if your subscription runs out! I have never received a magazine once my subscription expired. I just don't understand why they can't be as diligent in providing what someone is entitled.

I'm off my soap box now and wearing my flame suit!
Puff

Post by Puff »

Mike,

I am sure all BHRA members are appreciative of what
you do for us! Thanks for keeping us all informed!

Bill
Bill Van Sant

Redtro

Post by Redtro »

Chad is a very cordial individual and I've appreciated his part of our past conversations. I also should say that I sold my B.H. last September and that my Renewal notice for the BHRA did arrive as scheduled this year and the post mark is December 16th. I have not renewed it because I don't have a B.H. anymore but I'm still undecided as to whether to send it in or not.

Now, that being said....in the 4 years that I was an active member: ... I had to call back to get my magazines started after the first time I signed up and didn't receive any magazines. I had to call at least twice during my 4 year membership to ask for my renewal information. Once, I didn't receive the information after calling and had to call again to get it sent out. Both times the magazines stopped being sent to me. So, that's three times I had to call about the magazines. After the last time this happened, I talked to Chad about this at the Panama City Thunder Beach Rally and he took my name and information so he could be the magazines started again. It didn't happen. I called and talked to Chad months later and reminded him that I still haven't received the magazines and then I received the last issue within a week of the last phone conversation. So I had to call 4 times to get magazines sent to me and three times to get renewal information mailed out to me.

I like Chad as a person. As I stated, he has always been very apologetic about my membership woe's. I hate that this may cause him the kind of attention no one wants, but you asked and I've told you what happened to me. Maybe I just fell into the unlucky crowd of a few, but I know that I'm not the only one because I've read posts where it happened to others as well.

Now, since I've not renewed and am not a current member, you may disregard everthing that I've said in this thread. But that is my history with BHRA stated as best as my feeble mind can recall.
sb2bb

Post by sb2bb »

Here's what another member has said in the past and I agree with it....." I refuse to chase someone down to give them my money". That should just about sum it up..... so if your in business, listen up!!! Steve
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

I did not get my fall 2008 issue* and e-mailed them without any response. This is rediculous. As stated before it cant be so much work to keep up the adresses of a handfull of memebers (compared to other organisations)

Also I find it not useful to renew the membership once a year. This may be one of the reasons they take members on and off the mailinglist.
Why is not possible to get a 3 or 5 year or lifetime membership?** Once you are infected by the V8-virus it will stay forever.

Peter

*picked one up at the fair in the meantime
**like for example the GoldWingers (GWRRA)
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
Swiss V8

Post by Swiss V8 »

I renewed my BHRA membership for five years last spring.
First they did not know how to do this but finally my CC was charged and I got all the issues since. Some earlier, some a little later.
Martin

BHRA President Europe
Puff

Post by Puff »

Well, it is now The end of June 2019.
Not sure about the rest of you BH riders,
but I know I am gonna truly miss receiving
the BH Country magazine !
It appears there are not enough BH dealers to
advertise in the mag and not enough BHRA
members to keep the magazine "afloat".
I have ALWAYS looked VERY forward to receiving
the magazine, and have most of the issues since
the beginning. ( I wish I had them all ! )
I would be okay with our BHRA dues DOUBLING
just to keep the magazine going ! And it would
be good if ALL of our BH riders would call Kim at
the factory, pay your dues, and voice that you, too,
are in favor of continuing to receive the magazine
as well.
Tell Devon and Bill; call Kim at the factory.
Do what ever you can do to keep it alive.

BVS in Dyersburg
Bill Van Sant

BeefcakeBiker

Post by BeefcakeBiker »

Any news about this topic? I too paid the fee early this year and last time I spoke to Kim and asked what's going on with the magazine she said they haven't decided what to do with it yet, whether to go online only or what. Would be nice to get some kinda update from them, either a full refund or store credit or a clear explanation on what they are gonna do with our subscription fees.
- Coca-Cola cowboy -
2009 Boss Hoss LS3 Super Sport
:burnout:
Puff

Post by Puff »

From what I hear, the magazine as we knew it,
in print, will not be published. I believe
Devon decided there was not enough $ coming
in to afford doing the magazine any longer.
I tried to pay my BHRA dues a few weeks ago,
at the factory, and was informed BHRA dues won't
be collected at this time.........
So now I am wondering if BHRA is going to
continue to exist. :?
Bill Van Sant