Im sorry everyone i can't make it to Sturgis

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
V8VIRTUOSO

Im sorry everyone i can't make it to Sturgis

Post by V8VIRTUOSO »

Hello everyone!

I just thought i would let everyone know that i cant go to Sturgis this year as i had planned to. I held on to the hope of going until now but realistically i cant because of very important things i need to take care of over this side of the pond.
Im really fucking pissed off i cant make it as i was so looking forward to seeing so many friends again and hanging out and having some good ride outs. Was really looking forward to hanging out at the V8 Chopper stand again and admiring them and having some good chats to Stan and all bikers and bike fans.
Ive never been to Sturgis and its the main bike show i would love to experience. Il be at Daytona next February as well as many other shows next year. Im gonna try and come over again this year also if i can.

My main apologies go to David Ward and Ricky Retro and Stan and Gerry at V8 Choppers who i was really looking forward on seeing there and having some beers and bike rides and bullshitting with.
There will be another time and from next year my calender is free and il be over to USA A LOT more to enjoy myself.

Cheers All see ya real soon
Keep Riding and Smiling

Jimbo
Butterfly

Re: Im sorry everyone i can't make it to Sturgis

Post by Butterfly »

V8VIRTUOSO wrote:Hello everyone!

I just thought i would let everyone know that i cant go to Sturgis this year as i had planned to. I held on to the hope of going until now but realistically i cant because of very important things i need to take care of over this side of the pond.
Im really fucking pissed off i cant make it as i was so looking forward to seeing so many friends again and hanging out and having some good ride outs. Was really looking forward to hanging out at the V8 Chopper stand again and admiring them and having some good chats to Stan and all bikers and bike fans.
Ive never been to Sturgis and its the main bike show i would love to experience. Il be at Daytona next February as well as many other shows next year. Im gonna try and come over again this year also if i can.

My main apologies go to David Ward and Ricky Retro and Stan and Gerry at V8 Choppers who i was really looking forward on seeing there and having some beers and bike rides and bullshitting with.
There will be another time and from next year my calender is free and il be over to USA A LOT more to enjoy myself.

Cheers All see ya real soon
Keep Riding and Smiling

Jimbo
That is sad to hear but we won't make it either. :cry: We just have so much going on at this time and are waiting to hear if the Army is going to send Eagle somewhere....

I don't know if you read the com site..but Gerry is very sick... :cry: Here is what is posted on the Com site:

I know a lot of y'all know Gerry as the V8 Chopper dealer in Georgia.
Last night at bike night Gerry and his wife were a no show so I called his cell phone to see where they were. His son answered said he was in emergency surgery. From what I understand it is something about a ruptured aorta. He came out of surgery around 10:30 pm headed for intensive care. I am not real smart on these medical things, but this seems to be real serious.
Prayers go out to our V8 brother and sister, Gerry and Dawn.
Billy

Update:
I just talked with Gerry's friend Jonathan at the hospital. Said he was still critical and was having kidney problems now.
Billy

Just spoke with Stan and he asked that I post the following regarding Gerry's prognosis as he knew it - -

10% chance to suceed surgery - he obviously made it through that well - - -
20% chance to survive the night - he also made it through that too - - -
The administered medication is affecting the kidneys, and he is quite sedated but this is typical and they expect that to level out as well.

It will be a slow recovery process but the overall prognosis for recovery looks positive at this time -

That's the way it was told so that's how it's relayed - -

I am sure All prayers are appreciated- - - Godspeed on the recovery my friend!

Rick

Gerry was due to arrive at my house tomorrow to transfer his chopper into my trailer. We were heading to Sturgis Sunday morning. It will be a long trip without Gerry. Not everyone knows Gerry but he is one of the most sincere people you will ever meet. His sense of humor dominates his personality. Gerry would be the first to step up and help anyone in need. After doing several shows with Gerry some with and for Stan it is amazing to see him talk with people tirelessly about bikes. It will also take 2-3 people to temporarily stand in for Gerry at Sturgis as not many people have the drive at the shows as he does.

Gerry has a long road ahead of him. He is stubborn enough to beat all of the odds and show everyone.

I spoke with Dawn tonight and told her to tell him that even though Gerry is under... just tell him "Crazy Rick wants to race you" and that will be the ultimate motivation for Gerry.

I genuinely hope Gerry has as speedy of a recovery as possible.

David Ward

Phyllis and I visited Dawn at the hospital last night. She is hanging in there, as best as can be expected. Dr said that he has no circulation in his lower left leg. They will start dialysis today.
Dawn thanks everybody for there thoughts and prayers.
Billy

The latest update:

Gerry appears to be turning positive. There is improvement in the circulation in his legs. He is going on Dialysis in about 20 minutes. The next 6 hours are critical. Positive results after the next 6 hour will mean his odds will be much better..

Let's all hope for his success....

David

Bear
Gerry is in Northeast Georgia Hospital, in Gainesville, Georgia. 2nd floor ICU.
Billy

I just spoke with Stan. Gerry made it through Dialysis sooner than expected which was positive. The circulation in his legs is still improving. Gerry is still very much out of it but is responding to some basic commands. Things are still moving positive for Gerry. It will be a long road. At least it looks like a positive road at this time.

David

wild k man Post subject: Re: Gerry Is Very Sick.Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:09 am

this is gerry's step son at this time he is still stable he is getting beter slowly but he is geting better. it will take him awhile to get out of here but he will make it and we want to thank everyone for there prayers any the one have help my mother we thank u. i wil try to keep everyone posted for every day that goes by as much as posable thank u all for ur love and prayers

Along with many prayers and good wishes!!!!!!
Butterfly