Chopper Pictures

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
NcChopper

Re: Chopper Pictures

Post by NcChopper »

David,

Out of sight , dude!! You are the man no doubt!

Chris
sled350

Post by sled350 »

V8 chopper trikes are great looking. Is there any storage on trike , How big is the gas tank.

Sled350
Clint44

Post by Clint44 »

What's the fuel tank capacity,Dave? Are all four of those beauties your personal rides or are you a dealer?
Clint & Sherry
2006 Boss Hoss 57 trike (sold)
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Clint44 wrote:What's the fuel tank capacity,Dave? Are all four of those beauties your personal rides or are you a dealer?
Clint, Now that you have read Davids answer
let me give you my opinion. David is just like
a drug dealer giving out free samples. Gives
a guy just enough to get you hooked! :twisted:

Also I might add I am heading to Stans factory
this Wed and I think my checkbook will get
a serious beating. :evil:

....Johnston, Iowa
Els

Post by Els »

David,

I'm pissed. Here I think I'm a pretty big dog with my candy dark red paint and 520 horses. Then you pull this out of yer ass... :twisted:

Those bikes and trikes are gorgeous. I think they're the best looking bikes I've ever seen. Great paint ideas and Willey and whoever else did an outstanding job.

Someone mentioned to me that once you have so much hp it probably all blurs and fast is just fast. Not so at all. Your having the extra 120 hp is incredible. For any out there that are spraying their bike with 100-125 horse nitrous shot, you know the serious kick in the ass when doing so. Having that, motor only, is awesome although I'm quite content with my motor as is. Perhaps I can distract you and get a 5 second jump? :lol:

Ron, I heard from a little bird that you have really great taste when it comes to motor choices, chrome, and color :lol:. Are you familiar with the term "royalties", ha ha ;) .

Els
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
Clint44

Post by Clint44 »

V8 Chopper wrote:Clint,

These 4 are my bikes. My girlfriend rides the trikes. There is one more on the way in 2-3 weeks which is a 620 hp trike. The paint will match that of the white/tribal bike. I am leading the contest of the number of payment books by a long shot. My favorite saying is 4 more years and they are mine.....
You have to be a little crazy but I do not have kids therefore do not have to be as financially responsible as most...

My offer still stands Clint. If our paths do cross you would be welcome to take a ride on one. I do enjoy watching people's expressions after doing so.

To answer your question on fuel, there is 7 gallons up top and an additional 4.5 gallons downstairs if you choose the option which I have. The Dart 360 gets about 19 mpg. The 500 HP Dart gets about 16-17. It does not appear to get much worse than that as my yellow bike which pushes 600 hp got 16.5 at La Crosse.

I saw your posts about ROT. The weather was very nice and the riding was great. It is a shame that you did not make it. Perhaps next year you can make it there.

David
All four are yours? Now,I'm really jealous! :mrgreen: Sherry and I hated terribly to miss the event. We were kinda concerned about our trike's dependability on long trips but it ran like a Swiss watch in over 1000 miles on our vacation,so I guess that may not be a concern anymore. :) Also,nothing against those who trailer but we don't own one and really didn't have the extra funds to trailer our trike.
After reading about how fast your trikes are,maybe I need to stay off them,anyway. :mrgreen: Just kidding!
FWIW,Sherry and I are very happy with our BH 57 trike.
Clint & Sherry
2006 Boss Hoss 57 trike (sold)
V8VIRTUOSO

Post by V8VIRTUOSO »

Awesome machines Dave. What a great collection! Im still amazed by the paintwork on the White bike. Its just unreal almost!
Cheers
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

{Els Quote}

Ron, I heard from a little bird that you have really great taste when it comes to motor choices, chrome, and color :lol:. Are you familiar with the term "royalties", ha ha ;) .

Els I missed you post until tonight. I will admit I just
love your bike! I did tell Stan that something similar
is what I want. As far as royalties I wouldn't hold
your breath unless a couple cold ones will do.

Took my poor Boss Hoss to the track again tonight
and I'm still stuck in the lows 7 seconds. :evil:
Got beat by a naked GSXR that plain out fucking ran!

Bet that new Chopper trike will get me into the 6 second
club with very little effort. :P Only 7-8 weeks to wait 8-)

....Johnston, Iowa
Els

Post by Els »

Ron,

I take it 100% as a compliment and I'm flattered you liked it. That color along with all the chrome is a thing of beauty. There's something us old hotrod guys from the 60's really like about deep candy colors and metalflake. Yes, a couple of beers it is!

I came to a few conclusions about the times relative to the Boss trikes at the track. At the risk of getting a few asses puckered (who me?), I'll again bring up my thoughts as to why.

The 502 is a torquey motor, has a great sound, but in it's standard crate version, the numbers don't match GM's performance claims. One can argue it all they want but that "502" is only half right. There is 502 cubic inches. Repeated dyno runs on credible dynos don't lie.

The shift points on the tranny are fine for street but suck for track. I spent countless hours trying to tweak the right combo for the track.

I'm loading an '07 GSX-R 1000 into the truck today and delivering it to the new owner. I've run the snot out of it up here including numerous runs at N. Wilkesboro Raceway (1/8th mile) and no 502 bike or trike not modified can come even close. They run consistent 6.7's right off the showroom floor and that's with 225 lbs of beef at the throttle and no performance enhancements...as long as you keep the front end down during launch and shifts. I haven't run the 1/4 but suspect and have heard others claim very high 9's.

If your new chopper hooks up right, those are close to the times you'll see on it. David's very first 1/4 mile run and not hooking up was low 10's on the trike. That motor also had 20 less hp than yours. Yep, you'll break 7 seconds with no problem and whip up on any 502 trike convincingly unless it's been modified.

Pictures (and beer) expected. Congratulations!

Els
Image Image Image
KISS

Post by KISS »

Els,i wonder how YOU all the time tell how wonderful 500+hp small block is.I have had several fast small block cars and several fast big block cars,and i can tell in a split second that nothing beats big blog,NOTHING! Yes,you can build powerfull small block engines,but with same effort you can build much more powerfull big block with much more torgue! I have BB bike and supercharged SB bike,and my favorite by the mile is BB. About drag racing you know how many things effect to the et ,it has so little to do with small or big block because you can have enough or too much power either from small or big block.But in everyday use nothing beats big block`s instant power,period! 8-)
Els

Post by Els »

My posts are about the way it is, not personal preference or flavor. The 502 GM crate motor does not live up to it's advertised hp claims. The stock DART motors in the V8Chopper bikes and trikes are faster than the stock 502 in the Boss bike or trike. No name calling, just what the slips at the track say, personal observations having rode and owned both, and the dyno sheets for the 502.

I personally love the bigblocks and have quite a big affection for the 502. It's not all about track or dyno for me. I chose to own a bigblock '57 Boss trike and had a bigblock Boss Hoss bike on three seperate occasions. That's close to $200,000.00 of bigblock not to mention the bigblock Chevys and Fords I've owned and raced in 4 wheelers.

As far as the "everyday use" you mention, my personal flavor is a supercharged smallblock. My fun ride I use daily is a Chevy SSR with an LS2 blower motor.

It's all about opinions (and assholes). Everyone's got one. That conversation has long been going on (bigblock vs smallblock) at the drag track as long as I can remember and I'm sure well before my time.

Els
Image Image Image
KISS

Post by KISS »

Hhahahhahah WM! You know me SO well that it´s sometimes scary! Nice to see You "onboard" again!!!!! :lol:
Els

Post by Els »

W1LDMAN wrote:Hahaha Els don't let my little fat buddy King Piss get you going!! This is the same guy that locked my friend L ennu in the hotel room for slobbering a little bit on his shirt at Pullman City. On that subject I should tell you the new shirts are made of a material that makes a couple slobbers look like you dropped a gallon or two on it and I could have posted my picture from last weekend to prove my point but didn't but I am sympathetic to my bro L ennu!! I don't know what has happened to King Piss lately but I find it funny as shit. Just this week I got a phone call and an email from my brothers abroad about why I have been absent lately but its just because I have been so damn busy here with the job and only a few weeks to go so we been sprinting to the finish line lately and not much time for anything else. Any way its great to see this bench racing built small block vs. big block going on here so I will try to keep one eye on it and see who wins!! WM

P.S. Me and Wild Wild Casper did get a ride in today to Albuquerque and it was a great time as always!! WM

WM,

K didn't get me upside down whatsoever. Those who know me understand I don't do the brand loyalty thing or "mine is the only good one", or similar. I will though jump in especially when there's any discussion related to the track or street drags, sharing performance info, butt dyno, or real dyno "stuff", V8 versus badass Jap bikes, or talk relative to the V8Chopper :geek: .

Ron had brought up almost all the above which I was responding to and somehow it may have been decoded by K as my suggesting smallblocks rule and bigblocks suck. They do.....JUST KIDDING!!! ;)

A bud has been tweaking his '68 Camaro with a bigblock Merlin. He's one of the pansy ass purists that consider nitrous, blower, etc to not be "real" hp. Reminds me of another friend with the initials DW :lol: . Anyhow, it is one of the most impressive setups I've seen of late. Making a legit 750 RWHP motor only and he definitely does the; "bigblocks rule, smallblocks are for girls thing." Wish I could challenge him with the bike but he'd need to give me 8 cars...in the 1/8th :evil: !

It's good to get some juices going on the other side of the pond. Those guys just sit back all relaxed, drink beer, go to cool bike events. What a life.

Els
Image Image Image
KISS

Post by KISS »

"It's good to get some juices going on the other side of the pond. Those guys just sit back all relaxed, drink beer, go to cool bike events. What a life."

Jep bro Els! What a life we have! 8-) 8-) :o 8-) 8-)
KISS

Post by KISS »

Ron,i hope you dont sell your awesome BB BH in order to get that SB V8chopper trike. I know for sure that you are going to miss your shaking and radling and bad iddling BB trike after a while!!! I love both of them,but keep that BB beast in your garage,you wont regret that ever! :o :o :o :o
AR

Post by AR »

W1LDMAN wrote:P.S. Me and Wild Wild Casper did get a ride in today to Albuquerque and it was a great time as always!! WM
Pic of the year...! 8-)
KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

WM, how the hell did you took this cool pic? Do you have three hands or what? hahahaha
Not even on the bike you forget to show the most important finger...hahahah

Coool!!!!!

Olaf :)
Els

Post by Els »

KISS wrote:Ron,i hope you dont sell your awesome BB BH in order to get that SB V8chopper trike. I know for sure that you are going to miss your shaking and radling and bad iddling BB trike after a while!!! I love both of them,but keep that BB beast in your garage,you wont regret that ever! :o :o :o :o

K,

This is liable to piss you off..... I can't hardly hear a bigblock next to me on my DART powered SMALLBLOCK chopper. I guess you haven't heard the little motor. It's every bit as snotty both sound and shake as the 502. :shock: Don't trust me on this, let's hear from Ron, David or whoever for their testimonial. If Ron kept his existing trike, we'd have to rename it "Queenie". It would become a garage queen.

Els
Image Image Image
KISS

Post by KISS »

Els,dont worry,i´ll piss You back! :lol: How about Big Block Dart???????? :roll:

Dart Big M Chevy Big Blocks
The foundation for a better big block.

These Dart Big M Chevy big blocks are a no-compromise design that solves the problems that have plagued big blocks for years. They feature an improved oiling system, extra-thick cylinder walls, 4-bolt mains, and scalloped water jackets for improved coolant flow. They come available with a choice of two different deck heights and three cylinder bores, so there's sure to be a Big M block to fit your needs.

DART Big "M" Cast Iron Block
BB Chevy
Dart has reinvented the Rat motor!
The lubrication system has been re-designed to create a true "priority main" system that oils all the main bearings before the lifters for extra reliability. The stepped main oil gallery (9/16" to 1/2" to 7/16") increases the flow of oil to the crank at high rpm, while the front oil crossover eliminates internal oil leaks around the distributor shaft. The result: more oil at the bearings and pushrods where it's needed, and less power-robbing crankcase windage.
Big-blocks are prone to head gasket failure in the long spans between head bolts.
DART has added two head stud bosses on both sides of the lifter valley to take the place of the "missing" head bolts. The bosses are slotted so you can use studs instead of the hard-to-install bolts.

The Big "M" is engineered to be the strongest, most reliable, and easiest to build big-block on the market. It's time to step up to the Big M!
Els

Post by Els »

K,

When Stan first started with the choppers, Gary and I took a spare 502 we had in the garage and fitted it to a spare chopper frame we got from Stan. At that point in time, I was a bigblockaholic and really wanted to give it a try. It looked terrible and we discontined the thought 10 seconds later. Just too big for the frame. The chopper needed a more streamlined look and lighter weight.

In spite of some nasty smallblocks that were all around us, some making big hp and really loud rapping high compression motors, I was hooked on bigblock attitude. After selling my original chopper, I stayed out of the V8 bike thing for 2 years while very busy with Hayabusas and Gixxer 1000 bikes (in addition to BMW's). The DART 520 is what reeled me back in. It has every bit as much (and more) attitude than what I was used to with a stock 502 not to mention the performance.

If I were to buy or ride Boss Hoss bikes today, there's no doubt it would be the bigblock. I've never owned a smallblock Boss outside my wife's trike which was a great ride (but not for me), and I'm just not hot on the LS2. Bigblocks rule on the Boss bikes and trikes because of the way I ride and personal tastes. If I wanted a Boss for touring or such, it would be the 350 tricked out with bags.

The bigblock DART would be a blast to play with in a Chevy Nova or S-10 pickup. Even more intiguing to me is the new aluminum billet motor they're doing. Not sure if that is big or small block but it's big and nasty. David has the particulars on that and will perhaps chime in.

Els
Image Image Image
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Shit I go back to work for a few days and you guys start
talking about me. :x

Kiss, I don't have any plans to sell my BB trike
as of now. I still enjoy the shit out of it and it
commands respect anywhere it goes. This spring
we did a edlebrock top end job on it and just
finally got the motor running right. This weekend
we are replacing the transmission in an attempt
to get better times at the track. Also are going
with a higher stall converter to help accomidate
my favorite sport of burning the tires.

Only after I get my V8 chopper trike will
I know just how often I will ride the Boss Hoss.
I have serious doubts about El's claim of it
becoming a trailer queen. Shit I still have a
Honda Goldwing Trike and we ride it on some
trips. My only real concern is what if my wife
likes the chopper trike better than her LS-2 powered
trike? At some point I need to sell some toys
or build a bigger garage.

....Johnston, Iowa
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

Just break out the flashlight, smile and give her anything she wants! :twisted:
KISS

Post by KISS »

The last word and absolute truth is:big block IS bigger than a small block! :shock:
And as the old proverb says:big is beautiful! :roll:
Els

Post by Els »

KISS wrote:The last word and absolute truth is:big block IS bigger than a small block! :shock:
And as the old proverb says:big is beautiful! :roll:

I agree. BIG horsepower (as opposed to c.i.) and BIG tits. Both beautiful. That's my last word.

Els
Image Image Image
Puff

Post by Puff »

K.P. and Elliot,

You guys are crackin' me up!
Grosse Büsen sind ausgezeichnet!! 8-)

Bill
Bill Van Sant