Welcome V8 Terry!!

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Re: Welcome V8 Terry!!

Post by Carl La Fong »

I, for one, want to know all about the bike. More pix. What kinda trans? Is that the one with the Porsche unit? How do you actvate the clutch? How does the shifter work? C'mon, don't hold out on us. Love the bike. Is That a false tank? Where do babies come from? How come girls don't have weiners? Why is the sky blue?
Well, that's enough questions............for now.
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
Els

Post by Els »

There's a bunch more I'd like to see and hear about this bike too. I see a Ford motor, small radiator, and like Carl questioned, a
"false tank" or is the one behind the seat a big ass reserve? Questions, questions, tons of questions.

I have the utmost admiration for guys that take this road. Not everyone understands the project being much more satisfying than the ride.

Els
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
Terry

Post by Terry »

1st of all I just want to say what a pleasure it was meeting Wildman in Sante Fe..I usually see at least one V8 trike while I'm there but apparently now there is a Boss Hoss invasion going on. For those who are interested, heres some of the info on my V8 bike. (Matilda). 1962 Buick 215 cu. in. alluminum V8, level one Crower cam & heavy duty valve springs. 500 Edelbrock 4 barrel, the transmission is a Porsche sideshift transaxle, the spider gears were welded up to make it essentialy a spool type ring and pinion. 1st and reverse gear were removed from the rear of the tranny and the main and pinion shafts shortened to allow as short a transmission as possible. This allowed me to replace the bulky rear cover (about 6 inches long) with a 1" thick aluminum one. The front end and gas tank came off of a 83 honda 1100 F...I made the triple trees from 6061 aluminum and the center to center distance is 11.125" if I remember correctly. The tank is in fact just a cover now to cover the carb and house the gauges. She has a foot clutch and hand shift. CNC master and slave cylinders. 2000lb kennedy clutch. Kennedy also supplied the engine to trans adapter and clutch and pressure plate. Lets see what else, the frame is a two piece, I started with the neck stock of the honda frame, the only part of the original left is about 4 in. down and 10 back from the neck. The rest is all hand fabricated....Sturgis wheel on the back, Avon 230, back fender is a Exile cycles med. trojan. Front fender is a Jesse James Diablo....Seat is a Harley softtail I cut in half. Oh yeah, the aluminum "saddle bags" are actually saddle tanks, 2 gallons a piece. There is also a 1 gallon tank under the seat but that is now getting converted to an oil tank as I'm changing over to a dry sump. I had a local header builder here in San Diego build the pipes.. thats about it. I realize that compared to most of the V8 bikes out there mine is one of the smaller ones at about 200 hp but with 4 speeds its still scary fast to me...O.K. I got chores to do before work sooooo.............later......V8West