V8 La Crosse, Wisconsin Rally

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
sb2bb

V8 La Crosse, Wisconsin Rally

Post by sb2bb »

Only a few more weeks to the La Crosse Rally...hope ya'll have your reservations in and are ready to rock and roll. This year a more concentrated effort will be made by attendees to video and pic the event. Its really to bad that most of the people that attend this get together don't play around with the computers like we all do and post on this site or others. They are a great bunch to ride with, some are a little on the wild side throttle wise though! Like the National Rally, the La Crosse Rally has its own flavor. The Mississippi Valley riding is some of the best and we really haven't scratched the surface with our daily rides yet, over the past few years. I'm hoping for great weather, with the rally being a week long, we should see sunshine most of the time. The crazy motor builds that have been going on over the winter months and the new bikes that have been purchased since last year and new owners, is going to make this a fun year to be there. I can't wait to see everyone again and welcome the first timers as well. Darryl from Texas is coming, who I rode with this past winter, Wildman,SRF and some others as well. The carpet is down and painted with tire marks for all....Yahoooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! Steve
Attachments
Boss Hoss 2007 Rally La Crosse, Wi 070.jpg
!cid_004201c85199$8d6b6150$6401a8c0@none8krluz01un.gif
!cid_004201c85199$8d6b6150$6401a8c0@none8krluz01un.gif (129.32 KiB) Viewed 6147 times
Els

Re: V8 La Crosse, Wisconsin Rally

Post by Els »

Steve,

Sure wish I was going to La Crosse. Sounds like there's some good opportunities to "get it on". That was a problem in Myrtle Beach same as Daytona. Cops were ultra heavy, real big traffic, little to no opportunities to let it hang out.

Hope you guys take LOTS of pics or video. Haven't seen much of any coming from MB other than the few I did via the telephone camera and they weren't too great.

I know David Ward was looking forward to being there and may still have a bit of tread left on his trike tires. Have fun...

Els
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
sb2bb

Post by sb2bb »

Els, I to wish you would get your ass to this gathering of the V8's. I know you would enjoy it. All the rallys anymore like Myrtle, Daytona, Sturgis, BBB in Ak and the rest are such a freakin hassel anymore. The only good part it seems is meeting your ole' buds at these, with cops around every freakin corner just waiting to collect revenues for the local city and county fat asses,the unreal price increases for everything, and sooooo many bikes, it has really taken the fun out of the rallys. I've pretty much given up on the hassel of it all. The smaller get togethers are more personable and fun, most of the time. Some day, some way, we will meet up for a cool one.. Steve
Els

Post by Els »

Steve,

That same conversation was going on between myself and a few friends at MB. We were sitting at the V8Chopper trailer watching state, county, and local cops giving out tickets every few minutes. Someone goes through a yellow light...ticket. 5 mph over the limit...ticket. It sucked. The traffic going into a vendor area by a Harley dealership would back up traffic to a stand still where it would take 30 minutes to go a mile. We decided the riding and just about everything you want to do wasn't too good but it was all about seeing friends. Of course for every friend you enjoy seeing, you deal with 10,000 duechebags.

With the above in mind, the best of all things is to gather up a group of buds and do a small deal in some great place or one of the smaller rallies. I've got a few of those lined up. With luck maybe we can hook up next year in La Crosse. Again, have a blast.

Els
Image Image Image
Els

Post by Els »

Ahhh David, spoken just like a single guy, no baggage, no "honey-do" lists, no worries, half dozen bikes/trikes, big RV's....hey, that's you!!!

In spite of this ol' married guy, still working stiff, only 2 bikes kinda guy wanting to go REAL bad, I just can't swing it. Not too unreasonably bad from the NC house (1,000 miles and having to go through Lexington, Indianapolis, and Chicago...ughhhh), but I'll then be in Ft. Myers making it a mere 1,600+ miles. I've never thought about it before but considering diesel probably averaging now $4.30 p/glln and getting perhaps 12 mpg pulling the trailer, it would be quite expensive as well as long. I know, I can hear you scoffing at this knowing you'll pull a 46' trailer fully loaded from Chicago to Daytona.

Please give me plenty of sympathy though as I'll be struggling hanging with about a dozen V8 guys (Gary, Charlie, Mike, Chic, Rick, Kevin et al) judging 20 year old senoritas on South Beach, and riding the Ft. Myers/Naples beaches with occasional weekend blasts to the Keys. Someone's gotta do it!

I'm going to have to live this one vicariously through you guys and hopefully get to see some good pics and hear some good lies. I know you'll do V8Choppers proud bro'. Great spending the time with you in MB and enjoy the heck out of La Crosse. Best,

Elliot
Image Image Image
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

I am looking forward to LaCrosse, haven't had much good riding here yet this year, and now it is trying to go directly to HOT weather.

Shane
wag

Post by wag »

The motel we are at in LaCrosse is right across the street from the cop shop and last year they stopped by to welcome us there. I think I was the only one to put down a stripe in front of their door just to say your welcome!

Marv is the only one I know of that has been stopped and he did a short burst with the patrol right behind him, thats was leaving their thurs bike night at the drive in.
Clint44

Post by Clint44 »

Sherry and I have been trying to decide between the Republic of Texas Rally in Austin or the LaCrosse BH Gathering,both in June. The R.O.T. Rally is huge but will probably feature the same hassles like Bike Week,Laughlin,Sturgis,etc so even though LaCrosse is almost triple the distance (1,000 miles vs 300),Wisconsin is starting to look better all the time. 8-)
Clint & Sherry
2006 Boss Hoss 57 trike (sold)
Els

Post by Els »

Clint,

I'm pretty cooked with the big rallies. Just made a decision today that Daytona in October is not going to happen with me. Having done Daytona in March and Myrtle Bch in May, I'm ready for the smaller stuff and won't be ready for the hassles of the big ones for at least the rest of the year.

I really wish I could do La Crosse. Location, size, and the guys who will be there make it premier in my book. I tried to rearrange my biz and personal obligations to make it but can't. I hope you can. There's a really great bunch who will be there and some wicked hardware coming.

Flip a coin and heads...go to La Crosse, tails skip R.O.T. hee hee.

Els
Image Image Image
sb2bb

Post by sb2bb »

Clint, You make the call...as a new comer so to say, I think, you will love the Wisconsin gathering. There are so many peolple there that don't get on these sites you will meet it will certainly make your trip worth while, it is a laid back, great time, get together for the V8's. If not happy, I will refund your deposit plus 10 dollars :) :D Steve
Clint44

Post by Clint44 »

sb2bb wrote:Clint, You make the call...as a newcomer so to say, I think, you will love the Wisconsin gathering. There are so many people there that don't get on these sites you will meet it will certainly make your trip worth while, it is a laid back, great time, get together for the V8's. If not happy, I will refund your deposit plus 10 dollars :) :D Steve
Thanks,Steve. We really do want to attend the event. To be perfectly honest,I'm not totally comfortable with taking off on a 2,500mi trip on our trike just yet. Throw in $4 gas prices and 100 degree daytime temps,along with the fact I haven't been on a 1000+ mile roadtrip in five years,and maybe you can understand my concerns.
What deposit? ;)
Clint & Sherry
2006 Boss Hoss 57 trike (sold)
sb2bb

Post by sb2bb »

Clint, They do make trailers for this kinda shit :lol: , a long journey like that and all the stuff ya need to take with, plus the weather thing. The deposit was just some bullshit I was giving you. There is no charge for anything at La Crosse other than what you spend on rooms and food. I hope ya can come, its great to see new faces each year and we were counting on yours as being one of them. We get riders from..NC..NY..WI..ILL..MN..OK..MI..TN..MO..Alberta..TX..and yes, even IOWA. 8-) Steve
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

sb2bb wrote:Clint, They do make trailers for this kinda shit :lol: , a long journey like that and all the stuff ya need to take with, plus the weather thing. The deposit was just some bullshit I was giving you. There is no charge for anything at La Crosse other than what you spend on rooms and food. I hope ya can come, its great to see new faces each year and we were counting on yours as being one of them. We get riders from..NC..NY..WI..ILL..MN..OK..MI..TN..MO..Alberta..TX..and yes, even IOWA. 8-) Steve
Steve, If you ever find your way down to Tallahassee, Florida, I'd be happy to show you the sights around here! We could even measure a few black strips! :twisted:
sb2bb

Post by sb2bb »

Thanks for the invite Ricky. I hope I can make it that way someday. Winter takes us down in the Valley in Texas as we have a pad for parking our rig there, but ya never know, if diesel comes down in price where a man can afford to scoot around some, I would love to come over your way..... :lol:
sb2bb

Post by sb2bb »

Yahooooooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........only a few more days to the get together in La Crosse. Shit, I can't wait. I hope the weathers really good, if it ain't I guess we just sit around and bullshit and drink water :evil:
wag

Post by wag »

That would be MOONSHINE water right? :o
tjy

Post by tjy »

sb2bb wrote:Clint, They do make trailers for this kinda shit :lol: , a long journey like that and all the stuff ya need to take with, plus the weather thing. The deposit was just some bullshit I was giving you. There is no charge for anything at La Crosse other than what you spend on rooms and food. I hope ya can come, its great to see new faces each year and we were counting on yours as being one of them. We get riders from..NC..NY..WI..ILL..MN..OK..MI..TN..MO..Alberta..TX..and yes, even IOWA. 8-) Steve
Here we go with "The Iowa" Shit again...Watch it ..I'll sick Ron and Deb and Tim on your butt :twisted:
It won't be long now and the smoke will fill the valley...can't wait!!!

tom

sb2bb

Post by sb2bb »

Tom, Hansen's Hideout is opening up for us on Thursday, otherwise they are closed. They both had to take on jobs over the winter so they only open the bar at 5 pm and noon on weekends. They are looking forward to our arrival.....I'm leaving on Friday for La Crosse. See ya Tom on Sunday, don't forget your green card to get out of Iowa :P Steve
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

sb2bb wrote:Tom, Hansen's Hideout is opening up for us on Thursday, otherwise they are closed. They both had to take on jobs over the winter so they only open the bar at 5 pm and noon on weekends. They are looking forward to our arrival.....I'm leaving on Friday for La Crosse. See ya Tom on Sunday, don't forget your green card to get out of Iowa :P Steve
Hey Wiseguy, We don't need no fucking green card to
leave Iowa we just need a boat! :cry:

....Johnston, Iowa
tjy

Post by tjy »

sb2bb wrote:Tom, Hansen's Hideout is opening up for us on Thursday, otherwise they are closed. They both had to take on jobs over the winter so they only open the bar at 5 pm and noon on weekends. They are looking forward to our arrival.....I'm leaving on Friday for La Crosse. See ya Tom on Sunday, don't forget your green card to get out of Iowa :P Steve
I'm glad they will be open for us...I'm not sure about ron and deb BUT we have our passports on the
coach to enter the fourein country of wisconsin :P :P :lol: :lol:
Won't be long now :!:

Tom..from the sovern state of IOWA :mrgreen:

Puff

Post by Puff »

OK La Crosse gang!
It is now Thursday of the La Crosse Rally.
Info please on longest, wildest, wimpiest burn-outs!
Pics if you can. No crashes please! :shock:
Don Blixt didn't get pulled over again, did he?? :mrgreen:
Whomever does any videotaping, please make copies
available for us to get ahold of. I, for one, would very
much like a copy.
Are ya'll giving out any "awards" this year? :lol:
The rest of the V8 world is drooling for stuff! ;)

Bill
Bill Van Sant

V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Only have couple minutes so here is the short version
of Thursdays Burnout fest.

Top burnouts
1. Leroy
2. Grumpy
3. Tie between
Marv
Steve H
The Big guy from Chicago
Few others

Craziest Bastard of the day.
Some young dude from Minneapolis
doing crooked 500 footers with
his ole lady on back! :o (Harold should have video)

No wrecks but a couple trailers heading back
to haul some wounded bikes. :cry:

All in all it was one hell of a day. :twisted:

....Johnston, Iowa
AR

Post by AR »

Quote noodles..."A few shots from today’s fun at La Crosse, 56 V-8’s and several Harley’s
Darryl"
Puff

Post by Puff »

Now you guys are REALLY cookin'!!
:twisted: :o :twisted: :shock: :twisted: :o :mrgreen: 8-) :twisted:

Bill
Bill Van Sant

Els

Post by Els »

Wow, that's a great looking crowd of V8's! Great looking sky, smoke, road, lots of nitrous bottles...looks like a really kick ass get together! Thanks for the info and pictures guys!

Els
Image Image Image