Boss Hoss HC trike

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
AR

Re: Boss Hoss HC trike

Post by AR »

Looking at these pics reminds me how lucky we are with the factory...here's the boys taking personal interest in a customers needs. Its not like they are going to sell a heap of these specials. Makes me feel all warm & fuzzy and next time I see Rad he's going to get a big hug!

Looking at the controls, it seems the only real mod required was a left hand lever - its got a master cylinder onit so I guess its for the rear brake. Everything else looks stock. 8-)
Brenda

Post by Brenda »

Hey WM great pics!!! I'm so glad to see these because in 2006 we met this guy and he came in to the Houston BH booth and our booth( Redwood's Promo Products) at Chops on Ridgewood in Daytona and asked me..."how would you get a wheelchair on one of those trikes?" I looked at Joe and he didn't have an answer so we looked at Dave from Houston BH and he said the only thing he knew of was to change the tranny so you could shift with your hands and not your feet. So I asked the guy for some of his brochures because I thought he had a great idea for loading a wheelchair on his trike, see pics. And I just got an e-mail from Robert Sheppard and there was the same guy and now he's on a Boss!!! I figured the day I met him he was just out to promote his own product, didn't realize he was interested in a BH trike!!! Good for this guy! I'm glad to have met him to begin with but now I'm really proud of him for buying a REAL bike!!!
Attachments
lastscan2.jpg
lastscan.jpg
RIDE FREE AND RIDE SAFE!!!

Els

Post by Els »

Wow, I've got a story to go with this setup. Unfortunately I didn't meet the owner but I now take for granted it's Larry? Anyhow...

I was standing at a vendor's having some V8Chopper patches sewn on a leather and denim jacket. Along comes this guy on that trike pulling up to the porta-potti. At the same time the guy sewing my patches was asking me where I wanted them so I didn't see how the wheelchair worked but did see the owner rounding the corner to use the facilities already in the wheelchair. These 3 guys come walking up admiring it after a minute or so. One, a really big dude with a heavy NY or NJ accent starts touching shit all over the trike. We've all seen these idiots...they can't look they've got to touch but he went beyond that. He's showing his buds this and that handling everything and then starts twisting the throttle. I'm thinking; "what balls this guy has." Then, there's this leather type pouch below the windshield and the guy grabs it and started what I thought was opening it! I ran over there and said; "unless you own this fucking thing put it down!" I was pissed. He mouthed off to me and I told him what I thought and started walking toward the big bastard. One of his buds grabbed his arm and pulled him away. He didn't say shit to me after that. My heart was racing hard because I thought it was going to be a knock down drag out and in retrospect I'm glad it wasn't. He wasn't only an obnoxious idiot, he was a really big bastard. It drew a pretty decent crowd and a few folks told me they thought I did a good thing. Considering I kept my teeth, perhaps I did although it was none of my business and maybe I shouldn't have said anything. That stuff just really pisses me off.

On that subject, it was amazing how many idiots there were in Daytona that do that stuff. There was a guy who uninvited sat on a custom chopper Stan brought to the show that belonged to a customer. It was a lime green, highly customized job with a 360 rear tire for any of you guys that were there. This guy is sitting on it in his bermuda shorts, hushpuppy shoes, and button down shirt (definitely not a rider) and twisting the throttle and handling all the paint and chrome. When I asked him if anyone invited him to do that, he indignantly told me "the other place" let him sit on a bike. Not my bike or company but I was trying to help Stan. I told him I didn't give a shit what the other company told him, it was bad manners to do that stuff, and to get off. The pissy little turd told me; "I won't be buying anything here, screw 'em", as if he was going to buy anything. I'll guarantee you the only thing he ever rode was a moped...maybe.

All this being said, the trike is most definitely cool and a wonderful piece of eqpt. Great to see anyone who wants to ride be able to do so in spite of any adversity. I might add that in addition to the wheelchair eqpt, this trike had an incredible deep candy red paint and was something to see.

Ellliot
Last edited by Els on Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
Boom Boom & Rockstar

Post by Boom Boom & Rockstar »

good job Elliot.. I was taught when I was young the good manners of motorcycling..YOU NEVER TOUCH OR GET ON SOMEONE ELSE"S BIKE!!!! unless of course you are invited.. these bikes are an expensive work of art...you don't go in a museum and handle the paintings..I would have had your back, of course we both might get our asses kicked but at least it would have been for something we believe in...my daughter and I had a big discussion with a neighbor.. our trike in OUR driveway his grandkids drive up with bicycles leaning against the trike and I tell them to go..grandpa says I worry too much and I am being mean to the kids..I say the bike is 45k, and then the son comes out starts bitchin. my 115 pound daughter wants to kick these 2 guys butts...people are really ignorant...Boom Boom