Isle of Man TT

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
knockdolian

Isle of Man TT

Post by knockdolian »

Hi all, I’m spite of the issues we had like the fire and the leaking carb we made it to the Island. Only 250 miles in beautiful sunshine pulling the pop up caravan. It weighs fully loaded about 500lbs. Engine purred at 60mph at about 1300 RPM. Engine temp sat at a steady 200f and transmission about 150f. I’d say that is a result. My only Concern is with the Arnott shocks. Although they preformed well Arnott recommend a max pressure of 100 psi. Don’t know if that is laden or unladen. If I set them at 100 fully laden, trailer on and two up they will easily hit 140psi when riding. If I try to keep it lower the tyres will hit the fenders. Any advice appreciated. Looking forward to two weeks crazy racing now. Thanks
Mark

Re: Isle of Man TT

Post by Mark »

Hi there,

I have a pair of Arnott air assisted shocks installed in my bike and would recommend a shock riser kit to prevent the tire from rubbing against the fender. Also a good precaution in case the system accidentally deflates.

I recall that ChopperCity used to sell those shock riser kits but since Marv is out of business I suggest to contact Frank Mueller at Boss Hoss Cologne who should be able to help you out.

Ride safe

Mark
knockdolian

Post by knockdolian »

Mark wrote:Hi there,

I have a pair of Arnott air assisted shocks installed in my bike and would recommend a shock riser kit to prevent the tire from rubbing against the fender. Also a good precaution in case the system accidentally deflates.

I recall that ChopperCity used to sell those shock riser kits but since Marv is out of business I suggest to contact Frank Mueller at Boss Hoss Cologne who should be able to help you out.

Ride safe

Mark
Thanks for your reply Mark. I emailed Arnott with the same question. They didn’t know where I would have got 100 psi max from as the air bags are tested to much. Higher than that. They suggested that it was the compressor that was the. Weak link. I will look in to the risers thanks.
knockdolian

Post by knockdolian »

Mark wrote:Hi there,

Ride safe
Not been able to locate any suspension risers and BH don’t bother replying now they know mine is a scabby old 96 model. I’ll make some. Still be interested in knowing what pressure people run them at

Mark