A new lease on life

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
burningbernie

A new lease on life

Post by burningbernie »

Just spent a month going over my 2005 502 bike. Electrical repairs were running a new wire to the inoperative right rear blinker, then running a new wire to the right turn signal indicator on the dash, replacing the inoperative front brake switch. Electrical upgrades, replaced all light bulbs on bike with LED units, installed new cats eye tail light assy, found a red led on dash not being used (ECM fault for FI bikes) and added a DPST toggle switch to use it as an "on" indicator for the fog lights, organized and neatly tie wrapped up all wires under tank. Misc. stuff, installed new smoke tinted lenses on turn signals and tail light, installed new OEM throttle cable, Had Carb Mike Levesque rebuild and modify (stage II) the quadrajet 1904 carb. ( HUGE IMPROVEMENT) installed Crane Cams adjustable vacuum advance kit on distributor, new KN air filter, new spark plugs and timed motor to 14BTDC (per Carb Mike). Cleaned and buffed paint and chrome.

Took her out for a test ride and I couldn't stop smiling!!! Ran great, EVERYTHING works, she looks like new! I was considering selling her after 13 years but no way now. I can't wait for better weather to ride her a lot more. I now remember why I was so enthusiastic years ago when she was new. She has a new lease on life.
knockdolian

Re: A new lease on life

Post by knockdolian »

Ain’t that always the way, enjoy
The Mindless Philosopher

Post by The Mindless Philosopher »

I'm infected with the same insanity: start riding and change my mind about selling!

Glad your beast is alive again!
Oldun

Post by Oldun »

Yep. Just took a long ride on the BB - always a hekkuva ride. And I always cackle inside my helmet, because!
My 100-proof woman
A bottle of 95-proof whiskey
A tank of 90-proof gas
And 502ci of V8 bike
:ridding: