My 2017 BH Lives

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Grand Canard

My 2017 BH Lives

Post by Grand Canard »

My 2017 BH Standard w/ 550HP all cleaned-up, 70% EFI tuning completed, will finish tuning in December.
While waiting on my paint to get finished earlier this year, I tore the LS3 engine down and replaced the cam, valve springs, lifters with a Lunati Voodoo kit, and replaced the rockers with Texas Speed roller rockers; estimated horsepower is ~550hp.
The engine modifications require EFI tuning which I started a few weeks ago by riding and data logging, analyzing data log then adjusting EFI parameters on my Holley Dominator ECU; this entire process requires repeating over and over again until dialed-in.
First day out during the data logging / EFI tuning process I found the bike to be very powerful, lots of torque while staying below 4000 RPM during initial EFI tuning process. Once I had idle to 3500-4000 rpm range EFI tune half-way decent I decided to open the throttle up a little more and that is when I snapped my drive belt, snapped it the very first time I racked-back the throttle. I can definitely confirm that the bike is powerful, lots and lots of brute torque, especially for a small block.
I started-out my EFI tuning with a Nitto 275 15” drag radial mounted on my 15” BH motorcycle wheel that absolutely refused to seat completely on my wheel after inflation and even with 120 psi; I thought maybe a bit of riding would cause the tire bead to eventually seat but it didn’t; had some vibration during riding.
While waiting on my new belt to arrive I swapped-out the drag radial with the Avon 230. New Carbon drive belt installed and back on the road continuing EFI tuning with Avon 230; the engine is way too much for that motorcycle tire, hated it, I was lighting-up the 230 Avon tire without even trying nor expecting it, even at 60mph when passing a car at ½ throttle I’d roast the tire if I didn’t back-off. I can tell you that my carbureted ZZ4 385hp I used to own rarely ever broke the rear tire loose, this LS3 VooDoo cammed bike engine is impressive, powerful.
Disgusted with my 230 Avon, I sourced and fitted a Mickey Thompson 275 drag radial onto my BH wheel which did seat correctly on the wheel, but it the damn tire wouldn’t clear my damn fender even though it too was a 275/50-15 as was the Nitto. Going to try again to fit a different drag radial on my 15” wheel and hopefully seats and clears the fender, otherwise going to install the 18” wheel Marv built for me to take a drag slick.
Besides completing the EFI tune and the drag radial slick bit, my only other needs is to have my seat modified so my ass is 6” further back and replace those butt ugly beach bars with bars that enable better control for performance.
I’m really digging my Reckless Faring.
Attachments
FullSizeRender3.jpg
FullSizeRender2.jpg
FullSizeRender1.jpg

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Drink when you're thirsty
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...