NEW BOSS HOSS MECHANIC OPENS FOR BUSINESS

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
NASA1

Re: NEW BOSS HOSS MECHANIC OPENS FOR BUSINESS

Post by NASA1 »

Competition is good!! I did not know about this company. Their bikes are simply beautiful; however they face the same dilemma as Boss Hoss....lack of any service centers. If they have a network of mechanics, they don't publish it any where.

They don't sell a lot of bikes. With a yearly revenue of only $800K, employing 7 people, and an average vehicle price of about $65K, they are probably just barely staying afloat.

Their prices seem competitive and their product selection, style, and look far outweighs anything Boss Hoss currently has on the market...even their website says "class." At least they have a website.

I'd have to say that when it comes time to buy a trike these guys will be getting a call from me.

You're right...things might be looking up for this company...once they get some market share.

All the parts for my Boss Hoss rebuild have finally arrived. The Blue Print engine dyno'd at 445hp and 460 torque. Tim rebuilt and upgraded the transmission ($$$$$$) and claims I'll get at least another 100hp to the rear wheel...WOW.

The bike will essentially be new except for the frame and that's been gone over with a fine tooth comb.. I'm going to call it: "The Boss Hoss Anniversary Edition." I don't think they ever produced one, so I will.
Last edited by NASA1 on Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ron Radulski

Post by Ron Radulski »

NASA1 you're too late. Boss Hoss had their 25th Anniversary Edition trike out in 2015. FYI.
NASA1

Post by NASA1 »

Oh well. It can be MY anniversary bike. HA. Besides, that was a trike not a two wheeler.
Qmouse

Post by Qmouse »

As I read all of these replies.
I read ‘Owners”. Do you know who they are? How many are their?
“Bleeding out” Why would someone buy a “bleeding out” company without the finances?
I have talked about this company. And I have a close fondness and friendship here. And I always will. My experiences have been with great pride.
We are V8 bikers. A extremely small percent on the biking community. (As I found out this year at Sturgis) Like I have told GREAT & CLOSE friends.
If you want to make the changes you speak about. Buy it. And make the changes yourself. Actions speak louder than words.
Till then. Keep griping, complaining and nagging. But, most of all. Shit you ass down. Twist the throttle. And do something that the largest part of the bike community can’t. Smoke the tire for several yard. Are until you ass chickens out.
NASA1

Post by NASA1 »

"Why would someone buy a bleeding out company without finances?" They couldn't. But they would buy it because it's a good business/investment opportunity that the previous owners mismanaged, OR the previous owners know it's a business, that due to a number of unforeseen market changes or mismanagement is going to sink long-term and they want to recover some their investment. So they find a buyer and get out while the getting is good. In most cases for little or no profit.

Many people invest in or buy a business because they think they can do a better job then the previous owner, or they believe managing/owning a business is better then working 9-5 for someone else; they want to be "their own boss." Reality changes this delusion very quickly.

Emotional ties, feelings, personal beliefs and fondness for a company or the employees do not keep the business lights on and their people working. Only profit does that. It's a business job in this world to employ people and keep them working so they can support their family...it's not about personal feelings.

As a customer and the owner of a of Boss Hoss, I feel obligated to offer my expertise as a 30 year marketing and advertising executive. Like it or not, reality hurts.

The company has some HUGE issues for which there may not be a solution, but nonetheless I'd like to see the company succeed. I'm not foolish enough to sit back and watch the ship slowly sink...If you want to steer the correct course, you MUST make waves.

I love my Boss Hoss and and it's finally rebuilt so I can go play. I wish others could experience the same thrill, but the reality is, without the companies ability to support their products and service 100% of the time in ALL areas of the US they will continue to be a "small percentage of the biking community." They can't seem to ship workable products to customers in a timely manner...but that's another story.

One solution would be to have 4-5 national service centers. As part of a Boss Hoss extended warranty program, or added service, Boss Hoss would pay to have a motorcycle shipped to a regional center once a year for service. It's a great incentive for (select) motorcycle dealers to participate in; without the cost of having to buy a franchise. Warranty contracts could be sold as a SEPARATE service item to all existing and new Boss Hoss owners.

We already have a mechanic in Washington, NW Performance and Off Road, the shop that has completely rebuilt my 2004 Boss Hoss from the ground up. They love the challenge of working on the bike and would welcome more business from Boss Hoss. A very simple test market could be put together to see if this idea would work.