NOS Question

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
misfit

NOS Question

Post by misfit »

I have an 01 zz4 that was originally set up by Marv at Chopper City. It has his timed nos controls and other components that he used to sell before he sold Chopper city. I'm just curious if anyone knows how big of a shot did he usually use or is there somewhere on any of the components that say what sort of boost it has? I'm going to get 1 of the 2 tanks filled this weekend and try it out. Couldn't get any NOS last year due to shortage. People are always asking how much horse power the system has?
Thanks,
George
Orlando606VetteTrike

Re: NOS Question

Post by Orlando606VetteTrike »

Call Marv at ‭+1 (612) 382-5960‬. He’ll answer all your questions.
2008 606 Corvette Trike
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

Call Marv as stated by Orlando, but you can check the NOS jet size too, it'll have stamped size that usually is in HP; ie 100hp, 250hp. etc
I assume that this is a carburetor set-up which means that you have a wet system consisting of 2 solenoids, one for fuel and one for NOS.
Before you use your NOS, you BETTER make sure that the fuel solenoid is functioning, energizing and sending extra fuel required when NOS is activated; if it isn't sending extra fuel while the NOS is spraying you'll go lean or extremely lean depending on jet size and can destroy your engine.

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Drink when you're thirsty
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
misfit

Post by misfit »

Thanks for the phone number and the advice... I really appreciate it guys!