Another new owner for the BH factory

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
TXscooterguy

Re: Another new owner for the BH factory

Post by TXscooterguy »

Congratulations gentlemen. I know Bill well (a real standup guy). I look forward to meeting Devon. Best of luck, boys.
bob4108

Post by bob4108 »

Yup your right it was Devon who bought that bike. Met him here in Daytona this year during bikeweek and he is a very stand up guy.
ImageImage
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

I heard the new bikes that were unveiled in March, new design with the 383 stroker were / are popular...they sold some in March.

Will get to meet all in a few weeks in Daytona.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Paul H

Post by Paul H »

The very best wishes to the new owners of Boss Hoss
Motorcycles. 383 stroker is a good money savings
on a basic BH bike or trike.

Paul H
The Mindless Philosopher

Post by The Mindless Philosopher »

Carl La Fong wrote:Trikes are for homos.
Stop it, you big bully! <== Spoken with a dainty lisp
knockdolian

Post by knockdolian »

The Mindless Philosopher wrote:
Here in the UK men ride trikes. Homos get through a lot of salad dressing !!!
Ride three.
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

I am amazed at how the company keeps changing owners. It really needs more customers and a lower overhead more than anything else. Its gonna be hard to compete with V8 Choppers on trikes as they have many models with different suspensions and motors and body styles. V8 Choppers do not have a cruising BIKE so Boss Hoss has that market for themselves pretty much at the present time. The V8 bike and trike market is small and the cost is high to own new ones, it will be a miracle if an owner makes any money especially if he has a partner or two. I wish them the best but I'm not very optimistic. I also think if envoirmentalists have their way all V8 bikes and cars will be outlawed in this country.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

knockdolian wrote:
Ride three.
Hey!!
I resemble that remark!!
Attachments
20060127_hg.jpg
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
The Mindless Philosopher

I thought we were all homo... sapiens!

"Waka waka waka! I got a million of 'em, folks!"

I might as well leave my clowning at that. I have no valid thoughts one way or the other on the BH factory. If I could, I'd go the V8 Chopper route. Best wishes for the future of Boss Hoss.
The Mindless Philosopher

Carl La Fong wrote:
knockdolian wrote:
Ride three.
Hey!!
I resemble that remark!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

SQ4MN wrote:I am amazed at how the company keeps changing owners. It really needs more customers and a lower overhead more than anything else.
I wish them the best but I'm not very optimistic. I also think if envoirmentalists have their way all V8 bikes and cars will be outlawed in this country.
I see the same problem. They are already selling more used (BB) bikes here than new bikes. New bikes are only sold by a special permission at this point (small batch not meeting existing laws) Another two years or so no more new ones. And by 2020 the emissions laws will go to the next step and will be even stricter than today and they cant even meet them now
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

I see Europe as the first to make the emissions laws to tough for the V8 bikes as we know them today. Sure it could be done but just the testing alone costs a fortune and unless they will sell thousands of bikes its not likely they will jump through the necessary hoops to be certified to meet the regulations. The United States will follow. Trikes may last longer as they are easier to hide special exhaust systems and computers, coupled with the fact that the market is bigger for trikes than bikes. Those that have V8 bikes will find that they will become valuable just like old muscle cars. Boss Hoss will never be a money maker unless they cut expenses and sell more bikes and trikes. At one time they had the whole market but today V8 Choppers also has become established and they both have to compete for a small market. Vanquish will also pick off some more big money customers. Than there are those that will try to build there own, not many but still a few more less to buy the manufacturers bikes. I think owning a
V8 motorcycle manufacturing company is like owning pay phones at one time.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
ventury

Post by ventury »

SQ4MN wrote: I also think if envoirmentalists have their way all V8 bikes and cars will be outlawed in this country.

The greenies are protesting and blocking VW Diesel cars at ports here in the U.K. V8 bikes can still get in for now as there is no limit on BHP,amazingly
But the environmentals are winning slowly
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

You're all right, the death knell is sounding for V8 machines surrounded by 50mpg+ engines. We are lucky in the UK as we can map EFIs (+ lean out carbs) to temporarily pump out lower emissions (the major challenge in our stringent tests) and for the moment we can then use that pass certificate to sell on into Europe but thanks to the Brexiteers I don't know how long that is going to last.

Also thanks to our antiquated annual test system we can get unsilenced, rich running beasts passed as long as the brakes, lights and horn work and our forks and swing arm aren't rattling.

We're already rare things in the motorcycle world, as every ride out attests, and we'll be always be sought after due to rarity and the sheer power of our machines.

The German market loves even more grunt and BBs still dominate - check out Pullman City rides.

I do wish the new owners success, it's in all our interests.
Gordon from England
ventury

Post by ventury »

GordonBH wrote:You're all right, the death knell is sounding for V8 machines surrounded by 50mpg+ engines. We are lucky in the UK as we can map EFIs (+ lean out carbs) to temporarily pump out lower emissions (the major challenge in our stringent tests) and for the moment we can then use that pass certificate to sell on into Europe but thanks to the Brexiteers I don't know how long that is going to last.

Also thanks to our antiquated annual test system we can get unsilenced, rich running beasts passed as long as the brakes, lights and horn work and our forks and swing arm aren't rattling.

We're already rare things in the motorcycle world, as every ride out attests, and we'll be always be sought after due to rarity and the sheer power of our machines.

The German market loves even more grunt and BBs still dominate - check out Pullman City rides.

I do wish the new owners success, it's in all our interests.
A U.K. Compliance Pass isn't any use in the rest of the EU,,,Its not recognized in any way.
UK compliance stands completely alone to the U.K.only...Leaving the EU may actually keep this benefit open to us,it's an odd twist of fete but the U.K. Carries out its own tests to its own standards,(the bench marks were set using the models of BH I brought in over the years).well away from the EU standards,,,surprising but true .V8 chops have to have antilock brakes and a shed load of other things to meet the EU criteria,not so for the U.K. Iam glad to say
Myself and Chris corker of the DVLA at VOSA spent many hours and my money making a BH path way to compliance and U.K. Recognition,I did it because i wanted to introduce such a beats to this foggy wet rock we call Britain ,it was a journey of passion for me ,made a hole in my wallet over the years to
Andreas is the only guy who can import to the rest of Europe ,thankfully Franky his son is taking over with new blood and enthusiasm so Iam hopefully for a Boss future
Ride safe
John
3FOR2

Post by 3FOR2 »

Interesting. If you want a little background on Devon Katzev, these links, I think, elude to his personality... looks like he brings a lot of experience in several aspects of running a business to the table...

(same signature as announcement)
http://straightarrowinc.com/our-mission/

https://www.equisearch.com/horse-health ... high-25987
Pat.
2013 Pickup, LS3-445 with Hot Cam
3FOR2

2nd thought...

Post by 3FOR2 »

Let's not beat him up right off the bat with, the new bikes are going to have tails, and there's gonna be a Boss Hoss Shampoo... ;)
Pat.
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

Hey, if it's good enough for Jennifer Aniston -- it's good enough for my Golden Retriever. My pet shop sells it and I'm going to get some. The more money we put in Devon's pocket, the better the chance Boss Hoss will celebrate a 30th anniversary.
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

I have been using the shampoo for years, it is in my shower now.
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

Maybe you should buy some of the shampoo, Barry??? I hear it gives a high gloss finish :D
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
3FOR2

Post by 3FOR2 »

:dunno:
Pat.
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Carl La Fong wrote:Maybe you should buy some of the shampoo, Barry??? I hear it gives a high gloss finish :D
I like the "dull" look a lot...so do my friends...thanks anyways for thinking of me.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
ventury

Post by ventury »

The new owners have been reviewing all operations in detail,there is some big changes I think as a result
This will be an exciting time

Barry keep the existing,don't buy into this new shine shiny is better,..

We rode up from Detroit to Toronto then Montreal,first dropping into Kitchener 2 months ago,there's a homeless charity there that run one of the best hot food outlets for the homeless and sick,the owners have been tirelessly working this for 35 yrs,I support it every time Iam there,,,it's a very clean warm comfy place to eat,,there for the grace of god go I

Ps...I hope our junior royals are showing respect to your fine country right now

John
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

CanuckHoss wrote:I like the "dull" look a lot...
Good! When I ride behind guys that embrace the "shiny look," the sun glints off 'em and makes me squint. Squinting causes wrinkles. I don't need any more wrinkles.
Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Ok, to support the new owner and to show good will, I will change my shampoo from 20W50 to his Horse shower.
But when he will visit this Forum one time, he should not find this Emoticon..... :deadhorse: ;)
Life is to short, to drive small Bikes