New Winters Transmission

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
502wingman

Re: New Winters Transmission

Post by 502wingman »

The writeup describes in detail why the Winters is so much better than the Nesco. You can even make a burnout in reverse because it is a true gear driven trans that runs a lot cooler. It does not care if you are in first or second gear; so you play in first and cruise at any speed in second.
I confirmed the sale price of 14.000€ (incl. 19%VAT) at the Faak Bikeweek a couple of days ago (plus installing). More than 15 are already sold here in Germany!!!
It is a high price but you can sell your Nesco as a trade of and you get the trans you always wanted. Ordering a new Boss the mark up is definitely worth it (about 4000€)
I now wish I were 20 years younger. Getting a Chevy engine and a fool proof trans makes a bike for a lifetime.......
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
Orlando606VetteTrike

Post by Orlando606VetteTrike »

Click on this link. It is a Google translate. Friggin amazing how it converted that German forum into English. :)

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... edit-text=
2008 606 Corvette Trike
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

Thanks for the translation. It sounds like the Winters trans is finally the answer to the trans problems for BOSS HOSS owners. BETTER LATE THAN NEVER.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

502wingman wrote:The writeup describes in detail why the Winters is so much better than the Nesco. You can even make a burnout in reverse because it is a true gear driven trans that runs a lot cooler. It does not care if you are in first or second gear; so you play in first and cruise at any speed in second.
I confirmed the sale price of 14.000€ (incl. 19%VAT) at the Faak Bikeweek a couple of days ago (plus installing). More than 15 are already sold here in Germany!!!
It is a high price but you can sell your Nesco as a trade of and you get the trans you always wanted. Ordering a new Boss the mark up is definitely worth it (about 4000€)
I now wish I were 20 years younger. Getting a Chevy engine and a fool proof trans makes a bike for a lifetime.......
Peter...you are STILL young my friend!!

Find yourself an awesome used 502 and transplant the new tranny and have fun FOREVER!!!!

You only live once. or is it twice or three times?? LOL
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

You can buy a V8 Chopper today with a strong transmission already in it that will EASILY beat a 502 powered BOSS HOSS for less money than a WINTERS converted BH. V8 Choppers have models with 575 HP stock and an option of 675 HP and the trans is not very parasitic. I would recommend a new Boss Hoss to buyers that want something to ride great distances even with a passenger that has an LS motor, they will be comfortable, plenty fast, and reliable with the Winters trans. I would recommend a V8 Chopper for those that want something faster and primarily a hundred mile radius from home bike that looks better and is really a solo riders bike. My opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it but I have owned and ridden both for 8 years if that counts for anything.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

It will never be possible to drive an V8 Chopper in Europe because of the Frame, the Fork and the exhaust emissions. It will only work, if you have a second home outside Europe.
Life is to short, to drive small Bikes
viczena

Post by viczena »

I have started a new project: an electronic gear indicator for the winters transmission:

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... edit-text=
viczena

Post by viczena »

Gladiator wrote:It will never be possible to drive an V8 Chopper in Europe because of the Frame, the Fork and the exhaust emissions. It will only work, if you have a second home outside Europe.
At the last BH rally in Denmark I saw at least 3 V8 choppers which were running with german or danish license plates.
Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

I think they were from Norway. There, I know 3 guys. If a Danish Guy has an, then I will order a V8 Chopper immideatedly! This permission would be count for whole Europe!!!!
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Gladiator wrote:I think they were from Norway. There, I know 3 guys. If a Danish Guy has an, then I will order a V8 Chopper immideatedly! This permission would be count for whole Europe!!!!
Talk to Glenn in Aarhus. I talked with him last month and he told me he could get it done. He has a V8 chopper on the floor of his dealership
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Thanks!!! I will do!!!! I know him from the meetings in Germany!!!
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

it can be done on a one by one basis.

BUT: it takes a lot of time, lots of (bribing) money and very good connections knowing the right people.

There is also a Vanquish with a German licence plate. That machine came from Belgium to the Netherlands where it took two years and the above said to get a plate. I have been looking into getting it into Germany and I simply gave up. Its like a miracle that she is here now. But they blew the motor on that beast and after fixing that for more than a year she is probably the most expensive used bike in the world.

With a Boss Hoss you just get your COC-Papers (European Certificate), walk into any Licence bureau and get a plate within 30 minutes. When you break something call any GMdealer or in Cologne.......
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
viczena

Post by viczena »

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

For those that do not want to click the above link and read his report ... The new Winters tranny has had a failure and died BUT the cause was determined. Long story short, the new tranny was pounded mercilessly going up and down the Alps. The temp rose to 180 degrees Celcius and cooked it. The CAUSE was found to be an internal coupling made of plastic that connected the oil line to the cooler line. No Oil flow to the cooler. This has already been addressed by replacing the coupler with a Steel one as well as they have designed a circlip retaining system for some other parts.
I encourage you to take the time and read the write ups as they are VERY well done and extremely informative and factual.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Jack

Post by Jack »

Also looks like he paid $20k USD as well as traded in his NESCO?
Damn.
1998 Wild One Custom - Homebuilt
V8Norm

Post by V8Norm »

502wingman wrote:it can be done on a one by one basis.

BUT: it takes a lot of time, lots of (bribing) money and very good connections knowing the right people.

There is also a Vanquish with a German licence plate. That machine came from Belgium to the Netherlands where it took two years and the above said to get a plate. I have been looking into getting it into Germany and I simply gave up. Its like a miracle that she is here now. But they blew the motor on that beast and after fixing that for more than a year she is probably the most expensive used bike in the world.

With a Boss Hoss you just get your COC-Papers (European Certificate), walk into any Licence bureau and get a plate within 30 minutes. When you break something call any GMdealer or in Cologne.......
Would you be interested in the only Boss Hoss in the world with a power glide. 55K
Norm
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

:thanks: no
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
Paul H

Post by Paul H »

Norm, Please don't do it!!!!!!!!!!

You'll never find a better BH or another V8 bike
or trike to best what you have right now, IMHO.

IF you want a change and need to spend more
money, Paint it??? That way you make yours...

Paul H
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Paul H wrote:Norm, Please don't do it!!!!!!!!!!

You'll never find a better BH or another V8 bike
or trike to best what you have right now, IMHO.

IF you want a change and need to spend more
money, Paint it??? That way you make yours...

Paul H
A new Boss Hoss with the Winters... has the new frame with sleek design..bump the 383 EFI's Stroker up a bit and Bob's your Uncle's Brother!!!
Attachments
16836576_10155278268387446_3505084170033074839_o.jpg
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

The new Boss Hoss looks great but the headlight is shining in the tree tops . LOL
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

hogv8 wrote:I guess it's a quick way to increase the value of our bikes by $11,000 plus sell our Nesco 2 speed on ebay for $4000 . It 's sounding better .
The bike will go up in value but only by a little. Maybe four thousand over a working Nesco. If you keep your bike the value will be that you will probably will never have to do anything major to it again. However all this is based on hearsay, in reality there is no Tommy Chadwell out there abusing one day in and day out behind a big block that we can point to. I don't even know anyone on this site that has one except for Ricky and he hasn't ridden BERSERKER enough to test it. The first ones were supposed to be bulletproof, however we have learned that the were not. The Alps in Europe were to much for them, they got to hot, I thought it was cold in the Alps. Here in Vegas or Phoenix its already hot even without the Alps. Supposedly a plastic part was replaced by a metal part and also some circlips were added to keep things from coming apart. They are now bulletproof again and worth the eleven thousand thousand dollars again. I used to hear how Nesco kept changing things and how they would be fine after each change. I am hoping for the best but its reliability is not a fact at the present time.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

hogv8 wrote:The new Boss Hoss looks great but the headlight is shining in the tree tops . LOL
Jack, I think you should just keep riding your faithful Nesco trans bike just like you have been. Don't sell the Nesco to get a trans that has great marketing and so far no facts to back it.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

Gladiator wrote:I think they were from Norway. There, I know 3 guys. If a Danish Guy has an, then I will order a V8 Chopper immideatedly! This permission would be count for whole Europe!!!!

Gladiator: a Northman is superior to a bugger eating continental low-lander, the rules are different.

:fling:

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Drink when you're thirsty
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Thanks Ricky!!!
I have 126 000 km (about 78 000 miles) on my Nesco until 2011 and no Problems. Every year Im on tour in the Alpes and riding pretty hard, but I follow on the rules, the Nesco forces and Im feeling well on the bike. So Im not "changing a running system". Even when the Nesco should be damaged....for the Price of one Winters, I could afford 3 Nescos....for another lots of 100 000 kms......may be, that with the winters you could change your driving style....but I think there is no need....that is Boss Hoss! (Ok, lets see, when the Nesco is damaged.......toi, toi, toi!!!)
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

I've often wondered what the ratio is between SB's vrs BB's as far as damaged Nesco's would be . Seem like the more power being forced thru Nesco would naturally result in more wear and tear .