New bike ride report

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
V8Norm

New bike ride report

Post by V8Norm »

Ride report

My new 502

I always wanted a mountain bike, they do a awesome job customizing them. Always out of my price range, but I was able to purchase one last year, it was 9 years old but only had 2300 miles. I now have added 1600 miles and looking forward to putting on lots more. What a machine!!
I was shocked that I needed to split the bike in half the first day I got it. after unloading it from the trailer I went to go for my first ride and it did not start.. the the teeth were gone on the flex plate. So I had some great bonding with my new bike. tearing it all apart before riding. (not so awesome) But I got to see up close all the work that was done to make the transmission fit. WOW, now I know why only one was done. So I have the only bike with this transmission. It shifts well, reverse works great, love the park. And no worries of braking it, what a great feeling. I can play in first and play in second.
I have added upgraded back brakes, jockey shift, and NOS bottles. all from Marv. Great additions, had some trouble with back brakes, but all good now, had the some antifreeze leaks, trans cooler leak but all is good now. Not one drip… love it. added a back tire, the old owner said it burns rubbers well.. I will have to try it one day HA HA
It rides like a boat, handles like s???. But it is sooooo awesome to ride. 13 MPG on the freeway, 8 to 10 in the city ( I love the idling ) It does have attatude. There is no substitute for CCs.
Going to add accent lights next, looks like it had some at one time. I better order 2 new tires to have in stock

WHAT A MACHINE!!!! :ten:

Dammit I cannot rotate it. sorry
Norm
mmaupin

Re: New bike ride report

Post by mmaupin »

Norm,

Awesome bike!

What transmission do you have?
Regards,

Mark

V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Thanks for the report Norm! Glad you are loving it. Mark, he has a Vanqiush tranny in it. Are you bringing it to bike week? If you rotate the pic in your computer first it will come out upright but you may have try a few different times to get it right, sometimes left, right or upside down to make it show correct here.

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

I hope you were aware of the flex plate condition before hand. If not, I can't imagine what was running thru your mind when you looked at it. Especially on the first day !! Wow. :anvil: Like you say, you sure know your bike now.