Disappointing HD Demo

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Disappointing HD Demo

Post by CanuckHoss »

I know the guys at one of the Harley shops pretty good as we buy all our Harley parts from them plus I have know him through that shop for 15 years.

He has told me a couple times in the past 2 months to just come and take the new Touring bikes for a spin with the new 107" motors.

Josh and I went today..I took an Ultra and he took a Streetglide for about 20 minutes.

The bikes have really good power and there is less vibration from the engine while riding it...a bit more refined I would say.

BUT..the suspension sucked for me and Josh noticed the harsher ride too. I had to lean quite forward rather than sitting nice and tall in the saddle as it would jar my back..I was very dissapointed.

I know my back is worse than a lot of guys but my trike is a Cadillac comparitvely and I would have thought "Touring" would bring a touring ride...not without an air ride maybe.

Anyone else demo the new stuff??
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
randy burkey

Re: Disappointing HD Demo

Post by randy burkey »

Haven't ridden a 17 H-D But Dawns 15 street glide "special" has coil overs on the back, while standard street glides have air shocks?? The dealer says the coils ride better than air..??? Meanwhile my 16 CVO Limited has air shocks..I do like the ability to adjust pressure to accommodate different loads, and to fine tune a great ride..Also on coils the shocks have an adjustable damper..Maybe more seat time and air pressure adjustment would help..
phpBB [video]
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Re: Disappointing HD Demo

Post by CanuckHoss »

randy burkey wrote:Haven't ridden a 17 H-D But Dawns 15 street glide "special" has coil overs on the back, while standard street glides have air shocks?? The dealer says the coils ride better than air..??? Meanwhile my 16 CVO Limited has air shocks..I do like the ability to adjust pressure to accommodate different loads, and to fine tune a great ride..Also on coils the shocks have an adjustable damper..Maybe more seat time and air pressure adjustment would help..
They are adjustable and the dealer could have had them fully tight..for rider and a passenger with normal backs and that could explain it.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham