ECU Exchange Program for LS Bike and Trikes

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Ron Radulski

Re: ECU Exchange Program for LS Bike and Trikes

Post by Ron Radulski »

Amen to that Randy! My thoughts exactly. Like comparing apples to oranges.
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Triker wrote:In all due respect, the Escalade is made in the good old U.S.A. and all the profits go to an American company, General Motors. Also the resale is much better than foreign vehicles IMO.
Did a quick buy / resell analysis ... 2010 top of the line escalade sold new for 86K. with 100K on the clock is now worth 27K . that's a loss of 58K Roughly a 67% loss.
Same specs with the Subaru outback..28K new 13K resale ...46% loss.

As for being being embarrased by being seen driving the Subaru ... LoL heck NO! I Love that little car. We took a trip to Ormand Beach after we got it and it cost us $13 in Fuel Round Trip average speed of 80. Did the same trip a week later in my 2015.5 GMC Truck and it cost me $26 one way average speed of 75. The features in that little car are nothing short of amazing.

I drove a 2016 Caddy Escalade a few weeks ago when a friend borrowed my truck. Car had a whopping 13K miles on it. No complaints on the engine or 8 speed tranny but the rest of the car was .... well, lets just say I do not regret buying the wife a Subaru ;)

Look, I have nothing against American Made stuff and I understand that buying American is key to getting our nation strong again. My point in my little blurb was about making the web site able to plant a seed in the consumers mind of what is possible to build and the costs associated with it. You have a tire kicker / dreamer discover that he can build his dream bike for less than restoring his roadster AND have the WOW factor ... it may just generate a few sales. At the very minimum it will plant the seed that got us all hooked.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Bhilldw0111

Post by Bhilldw0111 »

Triker wrote:In all due respect, the Escalade is made in the good old U.S.A. and all the profits go to an American company, General Motors. Also the resale is much better than foreign vehicles IMO. Just like Boss Hoss. Made in the U.S.A. Dyersburg TN. And this is one of the reasons that I own one.
I think "Buy your car from the good ole USA" was a lot better slogan back when every part on the damn thing wasn't tagged made in China, or Hecho en Mexico. I guess at least some of them are still assembled here. It would be nice if made in USA meant all of it was made here but don't think that is going to happen.
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

What ever makes you guys sleep better.....I like where I'm at....And I'm sure you guys think you are too.
phpBB [video]
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

While we no longer own a Boss Hoss trike I am still very excited to hear of the company's new commitment to finally getting the LS motors properly tuned. Who knows with a new dealer only a couple hundred miles from our winter home maybe we will give it another try.

Best of luck to the new owners!!

....Johnston, Iowa
craig haymaker

Post by craig haymaker »

Ricky, PM sent. Craig H.
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

Grand Canard wrote:
SQ4MN wrote:I like the reliability of my old ZZ4 but a new LS series would probably even be better. With a new trans thats much stronger coupled with a high horsepower LS series engine I think the bikes will be the cat meow. A QUESTION FOR RICK: Do you have any better idea when the new website will be up? Will it show the prices for different bikes and options?
I "expect" for the website to have the bike options next week, build ur bike; I honestly thought it would've been ready for Daytona or shortly thereafter, I lite a fire under their asses 2 days ago to make that happen.
Rick
I went to the website today but the build your bike or any pricing is not there yet. Also under DEALERS it is showing CBH as the dealer near me in Vegas which I don't think is correct anymore. I hope the new website with some basic pricing and the build ur bike feature is still coming.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Ron Radulski

Post by Ron Radulski »

SQ4MN Ricky told me to call your local BH dealer, if there isn't one close to you, then call Mark at the factory for pricing.
BossHossAZ

Post by BossHossAZ »

We are your local closest dealer to NV.
Boss Hoss AZ

Horsepower Connection.com
Lake Havasu City AZ
Brian and Heather Macy
BossHossAZ
928-706-6112 shop
http://www.horsepowerconnection.com
http://www.theefistore.com
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

SQ4MN wrote:
Grand Canard wrote:
SQ4MN wrote:I like the reliability of my old ZZ4 but a new LS series would probably even be better. With a new trans thats much stronger coupled with a high horsepower LS series engine I think the bikes will be the cat meow. A QUESTION FOR RICK: Do you have any better idea when the new website will be up? Will it show the prices for different bikes and options?
I "expect" for the website to have the bike options next week, build ur bike; I honestly thought it would've been ready for Daytona or shortly thereafter, I lite a fire under their asses 2 days ago to make that happen.
Rick
I went to the website today but the build your bike or any pricing is not there yet. Also under DEALERS it is showing CBH as the dealer near me in Vegas which I don't think is correct anymore. I hope the new website with some basic pricing and the build ur bike feature is still coming.
The website updates ARE coming, hoping by Friday.
Trike build pricing, dealer updates such as Arizona BH.
This website stuff takes time, very time consuming, more than I ever thought POSSIBLE!! Lol
Rick

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Drink when you're thirsty
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Tx Outlaw

Post by Tx Outlaw »

Any update on the LS300 ecu programming? I'm still interested in swapping mine. Did anyone ever take their bike/trike to have it dyno'd/programmed?
Chuck Clark
2015 Baby Hoss (LS300)
Mikie v

Post by Mikie v »

Tx Outlaw wrote:Any update on the LS300 ecu programming? I'm still interested in swapping mine. Did anyone ever take their bike/trike to have it dyno'd/programmed?
:what_he_said:
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

Tx Outlaw wrote:Any update on the LS300 ecu programming? I'm still interested in swapping mine. Did anyone ever take their bike/trike to have it dyno'd/programmed?
Not yet on the 300, ran into an unforeseen snag regarding flashing everyones ECM's with new tunes; the new 445 tune is ready, just waiting on some equipment to arrive that has been ordered that will allow BH to down-load the new tune into existing ECM's, also BH will test drive the new tune to make sure it's right prior to releasing. Once we get that bit sorted which I expect to be in June, I will inform you'll.
It is what it is.

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Tx Outlaw

Post by Tx Outlaw »

Understand that. Thank you for the update!
Chuck Clark
2015 Baby Hoss (LS300)
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

I have no dog in this fight..But A big thank you to Ricky for being on our website keeping us in touch and informed...
phpBB [video]
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

randy burkey wrote:I have no dog in this fight..But A big thank you to Ricky for being on our website keeping us in touch and informed...
Indeed Randy...
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
BossHossAZ

Post by BossHossAZ »

Just FYI
We have updated cals for
445 bike and trike
485hp trike.

there will be more of the other combos soon.
If anyone else wants their bike retuned and fixed that isnt on this list you can call our shop for an appointment.

The EFI Store
Lake Havasu City, AZ
928-706-6112 shop
Brian and Heather Macy
BossHossAZ
928-706-6112 shop
http://www.horsepowerconnection.com
http://www.theefistore.com
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

A guy having problems brought his 2014 445 trike to the factory several weeks ago and we dropped Brian Macy's new tune into his ECU; we checked with him a week later and he claimed that his trike has NEVER ran that good before, the dude is happy. The transmission shift points are a lot better too.
Want to drop the tunes into a few more customer bikes / trikes for further testing to make sure everything is perfect before kicking-off ECU exchange.
Need 2-3 volunteers with 445 trike that also have external VSS and able to visit the factory.
Rick

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."