Bike / trike changes we want the Factory to address

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
SQ4MN

Re: Bike / trike changes we want the Factory to address

Post by SQ4MN »

You got off to a bad start here, most of us like Ricky and appreciate that he got involved and bought the company. We are all wishing him and Boss Hoss the best. He is the best chance we have at developing a new trans and a better bike. When someone badmouths him or what he's done in a lousy month it just doesn't go over well. Give the company a chance and see what happens, maybe you will still buy a new bike from him at some point. In the meantime just square away your own bike, when your done it will be good. There are lots of guys on here that have ridden the same bike for many years and put some decent mileage on them. If the trans doesn't break they will go forever. There are things that can be done to improve the transmissions life if you put the effort in to do it.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

Outlaw, If you were told the new Boss Hoss bikes would have a new transmission..We can understand the disappointment. I have never heard that rumor, But there are a few people spending A LOT of money on making that happen..Reading more of your post I can understand your intent in your initial post here..It seemed like you were bashing Ricky and Boss Hoss..Sorry for the misunderstanding..Just remember to play in first and pray in second..Until this new trans appears..
phpBB [video]
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

arizona outlaw wrote:[quote="SQ4MN" wrote

NUMBER 1, I been riding my Boss Hoss for eight years, for the last eight years all I've done is put tires and brake pads on it. I think even Honda would love that record.

NUMBER 2, I think the attitude Ricky has is GREAT and will do nothing but help sales, I also think anger management classes are the last place you'll ever find Ricky, FUCK ANGER MANAGEMENT CLASSES. I doubt he'll tell anyone who has issues with his bike to go fuck themselves and buy a Honda unless they come at him like an asshole. Then that response is perfect.

NUMBER 3, You seem to think Ricky doesn't listen to what people are saying or suggesting about his bikes. Thats bullshit, he has listened and commented on some of the suggestions and you know it. He isn't gonna comment on every single thing every day, he's busy and he has a family that would probably like a little of his time also. It sounds to me like you aren't half as smart as you think you are. If you are a mechanical engineer you should have been able to make your Boss Hoss more reliable than a Honda, you've had eight years to do it. I squared mine away the first month I had it and I only have a GED.

I am glad you had your bike squared away in a month. I am not sure what you've done to it but as long as your happy with the results. Why would you say I had eight years? I just purchased mine used 8 months ago from a car dealer in Texas. Its a 2012 LS3 SS with 1200 miles on it. Haven't ridden it more than 400 miles so far but it needs a lot of changes to make it better. I have been busy building a race car and no time for the bike right now. I was told that the 25th anniversary BH was going to be completely different bike with a new trans. I was excited to see it and possibly purchase the first one built. That's why the comments that it wasn't changed much. Cant listen to rumors gets everyone pissed off.
That wasn't my intention on hear what so ever!!
Just an FYI correction for you. 2015 models were the 25th Anniversary. They have come and gone and now the 2016s are out. Rick and new owners never had anything to do with the 25th Anniversary
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
arizona outlaw

Post by arizona outlaw »

randy burkey

So your saying that there is people building a new trans for the BH right now? I would like to know who they are because over the last 35 years where I worked we went through over a hundred different transmission design's in vehicles. I personally was involved in some of them, but my friends were directly involved in the last 10 years or so. It seemed we built one or two new trans design's every year. A lot of these were manufactured over seas for the last ten years or so. I do have connections.
Ken
arizona outlaw

Post by arizona outlaw »

cunuckhoss

Well I apologize, I was told that the 25th Anniversary was this year. I have not been involved with BH until just a few month ago when I purchased one myself. This is all new to me so I apologize for my ignorance.
Ken
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

Well, AZ, we tested you for leaks and you held pressure.
As an engineer, you must have had some doubts as to developing and putting a new transmission into production in 5 weeks. I mean, how many years have we waited for the, soon to be announced, Dynaclaw 4 speed from Sabretooth?? My guess is if there ever will be another trans, it is a long time down the road. I think, and this is just an uneducated opinion, that Rick will find another facility to build Nescos. I don't know if the trans is owned by BH or Nesco. If Nesco owns the rights, then it could muddy things up, a bit.
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
arizona outlaw

Post by arizona outlaw »

Carl La Fong wrote:Well, AZ, we tested you for leaks and you held pressure.
As an engineer, you must have had some doubts as to developing and putting a new transmission into production in 5 weeks. I mean, how many years have we waited for the, soon to be announced, Dynaclaw 4 speed from Sabretooth?? My guess is if there ever will be another trans, it is a long time down the road. I think, and this is just an uneducated opinion, that Rick will find another facility to build Nescos. I don't know if the trans is owned by BH or Nesco. If Nesco owns the rights, then it could muddy things up, a bit.

The way I was told that the new trans was already being built before the new owners purchased BH. It was supposedly to come out for the 25th anniversary. Well the info I received was total BS, I see that now. Sorry for the confusion on here.
Ken
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

The new owners were told that too. They did not get propper information from the factory to say the least!!
Imagine the surprise they had this (Bike)week to learn about ALL the problems the Boss Hoss Company really has.Very frustrating.
But lots of talks and action taking happend the last couple of days and they are on the right track now. Some major good news MIGHT be announced in the next couple of months.
We all wish them well and hope that it will become true.
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

502wingman wrote:The new owners were told that too. They did not get propper information from the factory to say the least!!
Imagine the surprise they had this (Bike)week to learn about ALL the problems the Boss Hoss Company really has.Very frustrating.
But lots of talks and action taking happend the last couple of days and they are on the right track now. Some major good news MIGHT be announced in the next couple of months.
We all wish them well and hope that it will become true.
The new owners were told there was a new transmission too? ...Wingman must have some inside scoop...Which eluded everyone else on this planet!
phpBB [video]
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

Monte is still there so I think he told the new owners everything. I remember Ricky saying he didn't know when a new trans would be coming and that he was pessimistic about the Winters trans becoming the new trans.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

:what_he_said:
phpBB [video]
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

Lol. :D Monte won't tell you anything unless you ask him a specific question. Definitely not a talker. And he wanted to sell.............
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany