Exciting changes coming to Boss Hoss!

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Exciting changes coming to Boss Hoss!

Post by V8Bikers »

I had an opportunity to speak with Ricky today about some of the changes that are planned to happen with the company. I was asked to share these changes with V8 Bikers. He has a lot of passion and determination to make this company succeed. It has only been 4 days since he, Susan, and Travis took control, but he along with Monte and the entire BH staff are stoked and eager to get busy building bitch-n V8 machines!

- Brian Macy with HorsePower Connection is expected to arrive at the factory in a couple of weeks to fine-tune EFI on all former and current LS powered machines; Brian is a Master tuner, going to be crisp and responsive.

- Transmission issues will be addressed with a new transmission, gunning for a drop-in replacement, New Nesco Tranny’s for Europe and parts for existing Nesco transmissions will always be available.

- Customers will be able to build and order a bike / trike on-line, make it their own, lots of new options in the works, submit order to their dealer. IE;

Possible Options BH is Currently Investigating / Pursuing:

- Factory 45 deg raked front end with longer fork tubes, Large front wheel option(23”??) (not Kewl Metal, our neck 45 deg built-in)
- Custom Wheel style options
- Powder Coating Option, many colors
- Wheels
- Frame color,
- Handlebars, etc.
- Swing-arm
- Front-end assembly
- Brake Rotors
- Possibly Anodizing too (no promises), many colors
- Colored brake lines, etc is something looking into as well
- Drag Bars with AutoMeter Moster Tach w/ shift light
- Some radical HP options are going to be available for off-road / track use from after market company
- LS3-525 EFI (Check it out at Daytona in both a bike and a trike!! Place an order for one!! or Two!!!!)
- LS3-533 HP Carbureted versions (coming this Summer?)
- XL / Big Block LS Bikes.
- Trying to get base MSRP down to starting price of $49,900 for the bikes, no promises
- New, modern website coming with the following improvements:
- Parts - You will be able to put in your year and model and order parts and accessories on-line. Pictures of the parts installed on bikes and trikes will be shown, credit card or PayPal check-out.
- New, awesome apparel will be available for purchase through the modern website
- Build your own bike w/ options, save, submit to your local dealer.
- Customer photo uploads of their ride
- Video of bike and trike being built starting from fab shop to final assembly and test dyno.
- Video Interviews of Boss Hoss staff to include “the man”, Monte Warne.
- Plus much more!

Also, there will be an "Ask the Factory" link directly to the forum on V8bikers.com where customers can ask questions that can’t be answered by forum members, will be able to offer suggestions, etc to Ricky directly. He said that he will address / reply when time allows, "so don’t become impatient and get your panties in a wad!!"

Rick will be at Daytona Bike Week w/ Berzerker, he also will attend the Europe Boss Hoss Rally and the Scandinavian Rally in Helsinki, Finland!! He wants to meet y'all, hear your suggestions and have a good time.
Everything takes time and proper evaluation.

Rick says that they are fully committed and intend to revitalize the Boss Hoss brand by manufacturing the best V8 bikes / trikes by offering trick options for the most discriminating customer; one BOLD step at a time. Rick stressed that Boss Hoss needs your support, so place some orders with your dealer!!

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
SQ4MN

Re: Exciting changes coming to Boss Hoss!

Post by SQ4MN »

GREAT NEWS, and off to a great start. Every issue addressed by a guy thats been there. Thanks Ricky and team, I wish you all the success possible.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Sounds exciting. Best of luck to all involved.
2009 350/385 MBH bike
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

Here's my short list of suggestions

1. Drop out crossmember
2. Radiator drain petcock
3. Proper fan mounts, welded to the radiator
4. Better swing arm bushings/bearings
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

One word for what Bill listed above..WOW!!!

it will take time but with passion it will all come...

To Carl's list what came to my mind instantly was a tranny oil temperature gauge...always figured that a must unless the new tranny design does not absolutely need it...their call.

As far as Daytona display / setup etc I always thought the factory should have had at least a small presence at the Daytona Speedway and then that presence of a bike and trike or so would point people to Holly Hill for dealers and demo rides and chats with Boss Hoss customers and friends...just my thoughts.

I am guessing also from what I have heard before that the new tranny they are talking about is not Tom's...could be wrong

Damn this is exciting and can't wait to meet the new owners...
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

Sounds promising..Good luck Ricky..
phpBB [video]
knockdolian

Post by knockdolian »

Looks like I've joined the V8 fraternity at a very exciting time. Unfortunately my salary won't stretch to a new model but I do the lottery so you never know. I wish all involved every success. Good luck
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

Me too I'm afraid re new BH

but there's profit to be made in parts sales too and those suggested new accessories. Remembering Europe and our trannies (bike ones that is ;-) ) shows real committment to the customer - the sun is shining.

ps I'm glad to hear Ricky is sticking with this forum despite being a very busy man - we're privileged.
Gordon from England
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

V8Bikers wrote:Brian Macy with HorsePower Connection is expected to arrive at the factory in a couple of weeks to fine-tune EFI on all former and current LS powered machines; Brian is a Master tuner, going to be crisp and responsive.
I bought my first Boss Hoss last September, a new 2015 Coupe. I put several thousand miles on it. Not having anything to compare it to, I thought the brute throttle response was what you get when you're on 295 HP. Coming back from an extended trip, I pulled up to a toll booth and put the trike into Park. The engine RPM never went down to an idle. My dealer was able to identify a problem with the ECM and it was replaced under warranty. I could not believe how much smoother the trike ran with the new ECM. I'm excited that "former" LS motors will also be included in Brian's fine-tuning. It turns a very good ride into a great ride. I'm excited about the road ahead.
Gila

Post by Gila »

Great news ,,, if the changes take place, I will be calling Barry to order a new one ,,, looking forward to it.

Ronald
$ite $upporter

Post by Ronald »

It all sounds promising and full of great intentions, wish them all the best and looking forward for the changes

if it has a solution, why to worry? and if not, why to worry?
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

If they make all the changes Carl said and added the extra transmission fluid tank like California Boss Hoss made along with a great transmission they will have a great bike. I cant wait until the website stats to show the new bikes with all the options. I like my 2003 but it sounds like the new ones might be so good that I might still have one more new bike left in me. It's going to be interesting watching this progress. I always thought it wouldn't take to much to make a great bike, mainly the commitment to do it.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Sounds good Ricky
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

Heres a question for Ricky I was thinking about. What if there is no dealer in your state or even the ones next to you, could you pick it up at the factory? I know its a premature question but I still asked it. I would like to have an LS powered cruiser with a good two speed trans and the other improvements Carl mentioned along with the options Ricky mentioned but then who wouldn't. I will always keep my chopper because its a chopper and its bad to death but I like the BH because its great on the highway. If I never got a new one and just kept the one I have I will still be happy but I would like to custom pick my own build if the components were great.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

Great question and one that is being addressed.
Until our dealer network is expanded, there is a massive dealer vacancy and the factory is going to address to problem.
Going to be a factory showroom dealership that will only sell to customers from areas where no dealer exists, i.e. Colorado, Chile, South Africa, etc.
customers can build bike online, place deposit, fly in, get tour of factory and have some cocktails with me, then mount their machine and ride to wherever the next day.

Regarding Carl, going to get his wish, going to be renamed though to "Carl-Cock Valve" to drain radiator!! Lol
SQ4MN wrote:Heres a question for Ricky I was thinking about. What if there is no dealer in your state or even the ones next to you, could you pick it up at the factory? I know its a premature question but I still asked it. I would like to have an LS powered cruiser with a good two speed trans and the other improvements Carl mentioned along with the options Ricky mentioned but then who wouldn't. I will always keep my chopper because its a chopper and its bad to death but I like the BH because its great on the highway. If I never got a new one and just kept the one I have I will still be happy but I would like to custom pick my own build if the components were great.

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Drink when you're thirsty
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

Grand Canard wrote: "Carl-Cock Valve"
HEY!!!!!!!!!!!
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

:lol: :toofunny:

GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

:what she said: :toofunny: :lol:
Gordon from England
Ron Radulski

Post by Ron Radulski »

:badtothebone:
GordonBH wrote::what she said: :toofunny: :lol:
Another question for Ricky. What will the MSRP be for a base model trike? In other words, equipped like the 25th Anniversary model trike that started at $39,995.
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

Grand Canard wrote:Great question and one that is being addressed.
Until our dealer network is expanded, there is a massive dealer vacancy and the factory is going to address to problem.
Going to be a factory showroom dealership that will only sell to customers from areas where no dealer exists, i.e. Colorado, Chile, South Africa, etc.
customers can build bike online, place deposit, fly in, get tour of factory and have some cocktails with me, then mount their machine and ride to wherever the next day.

Regarding Carl, going to get his wish, going to be renamed though to "Carl-Cock Valve" to drain radiator!! Lol
SQ4MN wrote:Heres a question for Ricky I was thinking about. What if there is no dealer in your state or even the ones next to you, could you pick it up at the factory? I know its a premature question but I still asked it. I would like to have an LS powered cruiser with a good two speed trans and the other improvements Carl mentioned along with the options Ricky mentioned but then who wouldn't. I will always keep my chopper because its a chopper and its bad to death but I like the BH because its great on the highway. If I never got a new one and just kept the one I have I will still be happy but I would like to custom pick my own build if the components were great.
Ricky, that sounds like a good move to me. I'm looking forward to your whole process.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

May I also suggest that when you redo the Boss Hoss website you include links to your Owners Manuals. The manual for my 2015 Coupe is very complete, but being a large 3-ring binder, it doesn't travel with me. Having the manual online when I might need it (or stored as a document in my iPhone) would be very helpful. Thanks again, Dennis
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

Dennis
What an awesome suggestion!!
Check it out: In addition to having the owners manuals on-line, we can also add video of all procedures, or allow talented BH owners to produce quality video and and submit to BH, if quality and correct, we will make you famous by uploading to BH website tech section.
This would be totally cool because many riders reside far away from BH dealerships and therefore a deterrent to owning one of these awesome machines.
Keep the suggestions coming, would be awesome if someone would compile all suggestions into one big list and keep adding to this list so as to not lose / miss any clever ideas / suggestions.
Rick

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Drink when you're thirsty
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

How about a section titled, "Quick Quips and Snappy Comebacks" where you could share the times you were particularly witty. Like when the guy comes up to you at the gas pump and says, "I didn't know Harley makes a V8." You turn and say, "This is a top secret prototype that the Motor Company is working on. We're only supposed to ride these at night. Please do not tell anybody about what you saw here."
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

:lol: :toofunny: :funnyshit: :siterock:

Ron Radulski

Post by Ron Radulski »

Ricky, what about those trike prices?