Buck Passed Away This Morning

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
v8 billy

Buck Passed Away This Morning

Post by v8 billy »

It is with a very heavy heart that I am having to post this. Susan called to let me know that we lost Buck this morning. As you all know he was recovering from his back surgery. She said that he fell inside the house while she was outside this morning and hit his head. She called the ambulance but they lost him.
i will post more information as I receive it.
RIP Buck my friend.
Prayers for Buck and Susan
.................Image

.....................................Image
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Re: Buck Passed Away This Morning

Post by Carl La Fong »

So sad to hear this. Buck was a good guy
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
Clint44

Post by Clint44 »

Dean just called and told me about this,Billy. Sherry and I are both in shock. Damn,this is just so hard to comprehend,right now. Our prayers go out to Susan and the family.

Buck and I just talked about Daytona a couple of weeks ago. Godspeed,my friend. See you on the other side.
Clint & Sherry
2006 Boss Hoss 57 trike (sold)
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

I found out about this terrible news about 30 minutes ago in a phone call to Susan and Bill...when they told me this I was driving home from the shop and had a hard time doing the rest of those couple miles in town...

I am totally in shock. Came home and shared this with Gwen and she was in disbelief.

This Tuesday evening I called Buck to wish him well in his recovery and wish him a Merry Christmas...no answer but I left a voicemail.

Last nite I got a call from Buck and he apologized for being late in returning my call. We had such an awesome chat...as we always do. Discussed our similarities in our pains from our surgeries amongst other things. I just wished him a very speedy recovery so we could coffee in March at BikeWeek. Also....lots of laughs as it should be. We shared to each other how much our friendship and support meant to one another. In hindsight those were awesome words to be shared between friends and I did not expect that to be our last words.

I thank God that he did call last nite...means so much to me that we had contact just hours ago.

He would always mention to me to tell Gwen that she "HAD" to get better so he could meet her in Daytona. Gwen was right beside me last night so I handed her the phone and they had a great chat...they were both looking forward to Biketoberfest 2016 when Gwen would be allowed to travel Internationally. That is the first time Gwen got to chat with Buck and she just enjoyed the heck out of it...not many accents like that in our city...lol

There was something about Buck that him and I hit it off so well. I have met only a dozen or so people like that in my life. He loved to call me "OL MAN" when in fact he was older than me but it always made me feel good.

The one visit Buck and Susan and I had was in March. they met me at a Starbucks in Daytona for coffee and we sat around for a couple hours. I remember the funny stories Buck was relating to us about his pet pigs...it was more than entertaining and time just flew by. That visit is one of the reasons everyone should get to these V8 gatherings and actually get to know each other and see what makes them tick instead of just seeing a few keystrokes on the Forum that you might agree or disagree with. We are real people with real emotions and the passion for these fucking crazy V8 motorcycles has brought us together.

I am very, very fortunate to have visited, shaken hands with and been able to call Buck my friend.

Deepest sympathy to Susan and the family.

RIP Buck and we will meet again.....
Attachments
7c905_1a9f.jpg
Last edited by CanuckHoss on Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Just found this on Bikerpost.com the V8 ride from 2014
Attachments
7c905_1a9f.jpg
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Thank you Billy for posting this very sad news! Barry, what an awesome picture of Buck! We will truly miss him at the V8 rally's RIP Buck!

tjy

Post by tjy »

I was fortunate to have met Buck many times here in Daytona, The first time at Their favorite bar MetzII I reconized him right off after many talks on the other site. Right after my heart surgery and not being able to leave home Buck came over to the house and sat down at the kitchen table, I will sorely miss hearing his voice! . Nancy and I send our Love and Prayers to Susan and thoughts out to all his Friends around the world. RIP Buck :(

SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

Sad sad news, Buck was a good guy and I shared some laughs with him.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
V8Norm

Post by V8Norm »

This is horrible news. Buck was a great person, loved talking with him. RIP Buck you will be missed
Norm
Dip Shit 434

Post by Dip Shit 434 »

R.I.P. Buck. Prayers sent.

darryl
Ponch

Post by Ponch »

Oh my goodness this is absolutely terrible news.Susan you and your family are in our prayers
RIP Buck
see ya bye
Ponch

Image...............................................Image
..Ft Myers, FL. 33905..............................................Springfield, IL. 62712
BigB

Post by BigB »

Susan, words cannot express the sorrow we feel. Our deepest condolences! R.I.P. Buck..
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

This is shocking and saddening. My condolences to you Susan.

RIP Buck
Gordon from England
firstboss

Post by firstboss »

We here from Germany are shocked by this news,

I always had good contact for many years ever in Daytona,
Buck had always a joke in stock,

I will miss him.

I know we'll meet again ALL .............

Uwe + Heike, BossHoss Germany

thanks Billy for the Info !!!!
Attachments
Bild 7 326.jpg
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

Hard to believe this happend. Big shock. We just met Buck last spring in Daytona. Good man.
R.I.P. Buck.

Biene&Peter
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
knockdolian

Post by knockdolian »

Being new to the world of V8 bikes and the forum I wont even begin to pretend I knew Buck. He was kind enough to answer some of my novice questions. We also exchanged PMs where he explained the differences between his chopper trike and my BH.
To lose a loved one is sad. To lose someone under such circumstances is a tragedy but under such circumstances this time of year is beyond words. My deepest sympathy to his family.
RIP, Buck
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

This is really sad considering Buck was in recovery and looking forward to a long and happy retirement. Also, new trike and slingshot with many hopes for great times. I had the pleasure of spending time with Buck and Susan over the course of many Bike weeks. Lots of laughs and good times. He was an asset to the V8 family and will be missed. RIP Friend.

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Swiss V8

Post by Swiss V8 »

It's so hard to hear about somone beeing taken away.
I have not met him in person, but according to his posts and some writings about him I have lost a good friend I would have loved to spend time with...

It's already the second BH friend this week we have to accompany on his last road. A German BH rider had a stroke Dezember the 18th. He finally died in hospital three days later.

I wish Susan and all the familymembers a lot of strength to overcome this sad time. RIP Buck
Martin

BHRA President Europe
johnny redneck

Post by johnny redneck »

Susan, words cannot express the sorrow we feel. RIP Buck
John & Shirley
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Here is a link to Bucks obituary:

http://www.millerfhc.com/m/?p=memorial&id=1723769

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Orlando606VetteTrike

Post by Orlando606VetteTrike »

Prayers to Bucks wife and family. RIP Buck.
2008 606 Corvette Trike
v8 billy

Post by v8 billy »

Susan's Facebook Post
My dearest family & Facebook friends, I am most humbled by the outpouring of love, caring & concern by everyone. I am speechless. You may view preliminary info. For Buck at www.millerfhc.com. a memorial service is being planned after the new year & will post as soon as I finalize plans. My heart is heavy but blessed with all of the love & caring from all of you.
.................Image

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Susan -

Kim and I are very sorry to hear of Buck passing. It was a huge shock when we got a phone call because it was so unexpected. Everything seemed to be going so well with his recovery. If there is anything we can do to help, please let us know.

Don & Kim
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

Ronald
$ite $upporter

Post by Ronald »

His memories will last for ever, He is riding in heaven and watching over us.
you will be missed ol'man, but never forgotten

if it has a solution, why to worry? and if not, why to worry?
v8 billy

Post by v8 billy »

Update From Susan

My family and Friends, I have finalized funeral plans for my husband. A graveside service is scheduled for Saturday, January 9th at 2 pm in Gatesville NC at the Godwin family cemetery. Miller Funeral Home will be updating their website soon along with an appropriate obituary. From the bottom of my heart, I am so grateful and thankful for each and everyone of you.
.................Image