Canuck down and out for a while

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Canuck down and out for a while

Post by CanuckHoss »

Here is one for you guys. What a fuck up!! The minor Hernia surgery from Hell I had Tuesday has kept me bedridden at home ever since. I should have been mobile on day 2. Moving around slowly on my own but We are day 6 of being bedridden. They are not sure what the issue is. I even had an ambulance ride 40 miles back to the hospital and they just medicated stronger even though it was clear I could not take 2 steps. And i had no one at home as a caregiver. I had unbelievable groin pain for 5 days it was an 11 out of 10. Today is better but if I did move away from the bed it would be with a walker only. With Gwens broken back I am running her ragged as I was looking after her for the last 5 months She was ready to throw in the towel a couple days ago because she is at best 30 % power and mobility and the stairs are hard on her. Life throws such stupid shit at us. I postponed the surgery Oct 20 and then again Nov 3 thinking Gwen needed more time. I had no idea it would take me out this bad. Anyways. Please Keep a good thought for us. Gwen's friend Pamela figures we must have a devil in our house that all this shit is happening!! I have heard of stranger things. I don't know when I will be able to do stairs. Walked around my room a bit with a walker BUT it was a 502 walker so all good. Lol
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Puff

Re: Canuck down and out for a while

Post by Puff »

DANG, Barry !

Sorry you are not healing quickly.
I had double hernia surgery a few years back.
It took about 5 days to be able to walk again.
I DO feel your pain !!
Saying a prayer for you to improve PRONTO !

Bill
Bill Van Sant

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

That So sux! I am thinking that jumping jacks are out of the picture for a few days but Jello Shots are completely in order!! ... Here's hoping things improve GREATLY for the two of you.
On a positive note ... No snow shoveling duty for you ;)
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

petitemoose wrote:That So sux! I am thinking that jumping jacks are out of the picture for a few days but Jello Shots are completely in order!! ... Here's hoping things improve GREATLY for the two of you.
On a positive note ... No snow shoveling duty for you ;)
Hahaha. Yep. At least 6 weeks shovelling and blowing. I really enjoyed blowing.
CanuckHoss

Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

If it wasn't for bad luck you would not have any luck at all this year. Call me and we'll commensurate together.
Just takes time Barry, at least that's what they tell me.
Buck
Wild Bill

Post by Wild Bill »

Get well sooooon, bud! You two definitely deserve a break.

Maybe this guy can visit y'all for a while and feed YOU for a change?!

Image.

:rofl:

Bill
"A true hotrodder wouldn't be content until he had created a vehicle so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

Barry, wishing you an improved recovery, hopefully it's just a stubborn piece of tissue that will give up fighting you and the pain will ease soon.
Gordon from England
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

Wish you all the best :thumbup:
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Thanks for your thoughts guys. I will give Norm a call. Lol

It is just frigging ironic how the good Lord has put me in almost the exact situation Gwen was in for months. She was not ready to be a caregiver by any means now. Far from it. We both have a better understanding of what the other has been through this summer During the summer she was bedridden and confined to the second floor of the house and I could relate I thought. Not really. I can relate totally now. As least it is winter and I don't hear any bikes. I am hoping within a week or less is my goal to be able to do steps. As it is now I can't take any pressure off my left leg onto the right because it feels like someone has a footlong knife in my inner thigh through the groin. I can at least walk pain free with the Walker today and have no nausea so I can finally hit the shower and feel human . Gwen and I were both manoeuvring the bedroom this morning with our walkers. Fucking funny. We had to somehow get my socks off while standing and we finally got it done. I held the heel part down with a cane on one side and Gwen stepped on the other side and I carefully backed out. Should have videoed and sold to old Poeple!! Need to find humour in the stupid shit that is thrown at you I guess

My wife deserves a medal of some sort. Medal of Marriage Honour? Disabled , weak and in pain and now still being my caregiver. Wow. When you all meet her you will see why I have chosen as I did. Was a no brainer!!

Have an awesome Cyber Monday as I enjoy a "healing" Monday
CanuckHoss

knockdolian

Post by knockdolian »

Just been reading of your troubles. Im sorry for disturbing you with questions during your recovery. Hope you get well soon
mmaupin

Post by mmaupin »

Barry,

Dang, that sucks!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I think doctors prefer to give over optimistic prognosis' for recovery.
Regards,

Mark

Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

I know that when I had my bowel resection for cancer I was pretty jacked up for a couple of weeks. They had me out of bed after 3 days, but walking was not much fun for a while.
This too, will pass
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

knockdolian wrote:Just been reading of your troubles. Im sorry for disturbing you with questions during your recovery. Hope you get well soon
Not a problem. My mind needs to be active now that I am more pain free but still laid up. Thanks
CanuckHoss

Orlando606VetteTrike

Post by Orlando606VetteTrike »

Sorry to hear of your situation, but thoughts and prayers to you and your wife for a full and speedy recovery.
2008 606 Corvette Trike
Swiss V8

Post by Swiss V8 »

I just read about your troubles and pain. Ouch!

I have had pain in my back, I could hardly get off the bike last fall in Sweden...
But I guess it's nothing compared what you go through now.

I wish you and Gwen all the best and a good recovery!
Martin

BHRA President Europe
Dip Shit 434

Post by Dip Shit 434 »

Barry, prayers sent for a full and quick recovery. As you know you will not want to hurry this and make the issue worse,,,

Darryl
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Dip Shit 434 wrote:Barry, prayers sent for a full and quick recovery. As you know you will not want to hurry this and make the issue worse,,,

Darryl
Absolutely correct. It is way harder to heal if you hurt yourself again. Had that experience with a vasectomy 25 years ago. This is kind of the same already as I am 99% sure that I hurt myself commng up the stairs the day of my operation. Nobody warned me so I thought it was ok thank you
CanuckHoss

tjy

Post by tjy »

Do you guys have Home health care nurses up there I had several (2) after my heart surgery.

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Day 11. I am still alive. Gwen is alive but played out. My buddy Mark brought me over crutches which after showing me I believe I can get down to the main floor and save Gwen a bunch of stairs....maybe not tomorrow as my groin is still tender but will try Sunday. 11 days is a long time stuck upstairs!!!!!

At least I feel better every day and the fucking Purcaset side effects have almost gone. It affected my short term memory. It affectec my short term memory

Have a great weekend everyone.

Ps..my trike in Germany left yesterday for Orlando.
CanuckHoss

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

I managed the 15 stairs twice today with the crutch...without it I could not...Definitely played me out but I got er done

I am a clean shaven kind of guy except for the goathay and I have lots of facial and head hair albeit a tad greyish or as bikers say "chromed hair"
CanuckHoss

Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

++suck it up!!!!!!

"the unknown biker"
tjy

Post by tjy »

Barry Is "Moose" picking it up in Orlando? Your still welcome For storage in Pt, Orange!

Ps..my trike in Germany left yesterday for Orlando.[/quote]

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Buck..as usual.....your compassion for others overwhelms me and brings me to tears! Susan is truly blessed with you. Nonetheless it is great advice that has also come out of Gwens mouth a time or two..lol

Tom...I have some tentative plans in place for retrieving the trike...see as we get closer how they work out...no guarantees for me as to when the container lands in Orlando so I may not book flights until I know for sure about its arrival. Stefan says if everything goes as planned mid February is the tentative time. Thank you for your generous offer of storage and most likely I will take you up on it unless I buy a house on the Beach with a huge garage..never say never..visualization for anything health wise or physical is big...I am pretty good at manafesting good and also bad so I have to watch my thoughts...thank you
CanuckHoss

Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

Buck..as usual.....your compassion for others overwhelms me and brings me to tears! Susan is truly blessed with you. Nonetheless it is great advice that has also come out of Gwens mouth a time or two..lol

what ya think that I have been doing for the past 2 weeks?? Sucking it up, ain't nothing else to do, if bitching worked I would have been pain free a long time ago. At least we'll have something in common to converse about in Daytona.
Buck
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Buck wrote:Buck..as usual.....your compassion for others overwhelms me and brings me to tears! Susan is truly blessed with you. Nonetheless it is great advice that has also come out of Gwens mouth a time or two..lol

what ya think that I have been doing for the past 2 weeks?? Sucking it up, ain't nothing else to do, if bitching worked I would have been pain free a long time ago. At least we'll have something in common to converse about in Daytona.
Buck
For sure Buck...we can compare wounds...lol. I know what you have gone through just this operation is more than I have been through in my life and if I remember right you are almost a Six Million Dollar man from operations. Nice to be able to joke around even when down as humour is much needed in our lives.

Ol Man over and out.

PS...Heal fast so Bike Week is a breeze!!!
CanuckHoss