Squirm

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Squirm

Post by Carl La Fong »

Dave went down in Anaconda, Montana. Tore his hand up pretty good, I guess.Two hours to stitch it up. The bike is badly banged up. More info to follow. Hopefully he will chime in. He did post on Facebook about it.
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
Buck
$ite $upporter

Re: Squirm

Post by Buck »

hope we hear good news, bikes can be fixed, human bodies no so easily so. Keep us advised.
Buck
Gila

Post by Gila »

Not good ,,, hope all turns out well considering ,,, Dave ,,, let me know if there is anything I can do ,,, I have a trailer available and such ,,, not that far from Montana ,,, I am overseas at present but will help where I can ,,,

Recover quickly ,,,

Mike

Mikie v

Post by Mikie v »

Never good when you hear news like this. Praying for a speedy recovery.
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

:o oh noooooo!! Hopefully Dave will update us - wishing him a speedy recovery and back on the iron horse enjoying his retirement!

Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

I'm sure he will elaborate at some point. I just got off the phone with him. He's coming down to SoCal and we're taking the bike to Victor at CA Boss Hoss. The bike is OK. Just cosmetic damage. It was a low speed deal, maybe 5 or 10 mph when a truck pulling a travel trailer clipped him. Mostly the damage was to his hand. He says it hurts like hell.
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

DAMN....even slow speed crashes suck.

Heal quick Dave.

One of my friends crashed in Sturgis the day he got there...20 mph slip and slide on a corner....bike is toast...he got some whiplash and road rash...
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Sorry to read this Dave! Hope you heal up quickly and completely with only a few cool looking scars to show for it.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
3FOR2

Post by 3FOR2 »

"The bike is OK. Just cosmetic damage. It was a low speed deal, maybe 5 or 10 mph when a truck pulling a travel trailer clipped him. Mostly the damage was to his hand. He says it hurts like hell."

It really sucks, but, this is actually good news. Get healed up, Dave. "Two hours to stitch it up" Ummmm... is anyone else wondering what kind of a patient Dave is?
Pat.
2013 Pickup, LS3-445 with Hot Cam
tjy

Post by tjy »

Dave, Prayers sent for a quick Recovery!!

Harris

Post by Harris »

Like others, I hate hearing stuff like this. Glad Dave didn't get more seriously injured. All the best!
Harris
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

Dave can't type well with his bandaged up pud puller so I'll tell you what I know. We dropped the bike off with Victor and Donny at Cal Boss Hoss. They will write an estimate. The bikes are easy to total since they won't fix a crashed one without a full tear down so the frame can be examined for hidden cracks and damage. He should have an idea of repair costs in a few days. Since this leaves him without a cruiser/touring bike, he did what any rational person would do. On the way home, we stopped at the Triumph dealer and he bought a new Rocket Three Touring bike. I mean, hell, the trailer was hooked up and there's no sense in deadheading home, is there?? 2300 ccs seemed crazy, years ago, but now it feels like a minibike, to me. Very comfy, fast enough for anyone but the insane (us). I do hope he is able to fix and keep the BH as well. He still has the Chopper, so one V8 may be enough
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

Sending my best wishes to Dave. A bummer to go down at any speed but for us nutcases this is a rare case of "slower is better".

I don't know where my insurance company would start as my nearest dealer is 3 countries away...
Gordon from England
3FOR2

Post by 3FOR2 »

Thanks for the update - good to know he is still of sound mind! The Rocket 3 Touring is a good backup to a V8. Funny, I just got a new one several weeks ago myself, factory Motortrike, runs like a banshee, although hotter than the BH. It sounds like a sewing machine mated with a vacuum cleaner, but who cares. Get healed up, Dave!
Pat.
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

A real handjob
Attachments
dave hand.jpg
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

Looks as if an honors graduate of the Helen Keller School of Stitchery did the job. Damn, I would not have wanted to see it before,,,.after is bad enough. Goes with Dave's manly good looks........not!
Good luck with it and hoping that the healing process and rehab are successful and quick.
Buck
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Wow that looks like it hurts!!! Also looks like his fingers are bruised :whack: hope it heels fast so he can take out his new ride- congrats!! :ridding:

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Holy Mother Fkr's!!!! That is the ugliest I have seen...must have looked like hamburger before...something to be said for wearing gloves if Dave was not wearing any...I hurt just looking at that...heal quick Dave
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Ouch
3FOR2

Post by 3FOR2 »

That's friggin nasty.
Heal fast, Dave.
Pat.
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Hope it heals quick and with no nerve damage! You can always explain the scars from your days of hand feeding the sharks at Marineworld ;)
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

Hi you guys, i thought i'd check in and let you guys know that i'm still ok and tell you what happened. I was heading to sturgis the long way with some friends. Went through the sawtooth mountains up north and was headiding downwards through montana. I saw a sign that said "anaconda" nex exit. As a kid i once hopped a freight train in los angeles and i happened to get off it in anaconda montana so i thought it would be interesting to visit it again. It was 57 years ago when i was last there. Ended up going to jail there for vagerency but thats another story. Anyway i was at a stoplight waiting for the light to turn green, my pal was on the right of me and we were taking up the right hand lane, there was an open lane on the left of me that was emty, both lanes ran the same direction. I was on my boss hoss. There was a pick up truck pulling a 30 foot travel trailer behind me, it was not a fith wheel trailer. The light changed to green but i was not paying attention and did not leave instantly, my buddy did but i waited another second or two. The guy behind me got impatient, who could blame him, and he decided to go around me. The problem was that the trailer was still a little in my lane and it nailed me as i was about half way through the intersection. I jumped off the bike to the right as the trailer tore off my left crash bar and something slashed my hand. I landed on my feet and never fell down but my hand looked like a hamburger. I ran into a bar and wrapped it in a towel until the ambulance came. My pal turned around as he got across the intersection because usually i am right next to him or ahead of him, he seen the truk and trailer go around me and hit me. He said the awning on the side of the trailer was a quarter of the way extended and it was orange. The driver continued down the street one more block after he hit me my friend said and then removed the awning from the traile and put it in the truck. It was not on it when the police arrived. He told the police but no ticket was issued. The radiator, tank, bars, risers, lights, crash bars and maybe other things are wrecked. The guy had insurance so maybe it will get fixed. I went to the hospital and two doctors stitched me up for two hours after cleaning out the wounds with some sort of flushing machine, i hope i never see one of those again. I went to an orthepedic surgeon a few days ago and i will eventually be ok, my fingers all move so no big deal. Carl lafong and i bought the bike to california boss hoss already so it will be fixed as soon as the insurance gives a green light. After we dropped the bike off at boss hoss we drove over to a triumph dealer and i bought a new rocket 3 touring bike, i won't have to rush anything with the boss hoss as i still will have a touring bike and my v8 chopper and the boss hoss will be like new again eventually. Thanks for all the nice replies. I WILL TRY TO ADD SOME PICTURES
Attachments
ROCKET 3.JPG

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Dave, damn sorry that happened and glad you are going to be back to normal hopefully soon. Good thing he has insurance. Love the new bike! They have gotten very good reviews and quite the following over the years.

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Dave, i sent you an e-mail and it got kicked back but sometimes they go through anyway. Did you get it?

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

YES AND I REPLIED, THANKS BILL AND SUSAN

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada