HOT LEGS

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
misfit

HOT LEGS

Post by misfit »

No I'm not talking about the old Rod Stewart song. I have owned 5 Hosses over the 18 years, starting with a 95 kit bike I bought from a Dealer in 1997. I hate to sound like a whiner but.... Every time I go on an extended ride in the heat my freekin legs just fry! Not my calves from the headers but my thighs form just the heat of the engine! Does anyone know of anything that might redirect the heat away from my crotch :evil: or something other than chaps or asbestos underwear to keep the heat off!
Thanks,
George
Buck
$ite $upporter

Re: HOT LEGS

Post by Buck »

ride backwards
"the unknown biker"
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Absolutley...have them on my 502 trike and they are just the ticket for hot and/ or cold riding....Baker Air Wings.

Not cheap but will do exactly what you need done.

I had to wear chaps when around town as the right leg would get real warm...now with the Baker Air Wings directed to suck air towards the motor it is a night and day difference.

Cold day rides as in 50F are a big difference and I had a chance to test on the highway at 85 F which is warm for us and it made a huge difference.

http://www.bakerbuilt.com/bbairwings/bosshoss.html

I have pictures of them on my trike on this Forum but can't remember the thread.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

How about header wrap for insulation? ?
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

hogv8 wrote:How about header wrap for insulation? ?
That's what i was thinking. I have ridden my small block in Shorts around town before and had no issues. My Harley was WAY hotter than the Boss is amazingly enough
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
buyarbi

Post by buyarbi »

I ride with chaps on hot days . It is quite comfortable. Just don't walk around with them on. I also have a sheepskin that is not cut for a bike seat. The wide part facing forward and over the tank by a few inches stops that updraft of heat . For me anyway
misfit

Post by misfit »

I've read in older posts that heat wrap rusts the headers. But I always thought that as long as you ran the motor long enough to dry them after washing your bike that this would solve the rust problem. I'm going to try the header wrap and see how that helps.
Thanks,
George
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

They also sell a heat shield material that could be applied to the insides of your header covers .