SEMI RETIRED

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
SQ4MN

SEMI RETIRED

Post by SQ4MN »

I been driving my Kenworth that I bought new in 97 for the last 18 years here in Vegas. I haul sand and gravel for the same company sine 1995. Today I hired a driver and I am not driving any more. I'm sleeping as long as I want and then doing whatever I want. My truck will continue with the same company and I will still make a little money. In 3 weeks I'm riding my BH to Reno NV with a friend from Vegas. We will meet up with 2 more old friends (over 50 years) and ride to Montana and meet 3 more old friends, two of them also my friends more than 50 years. Then its off to Sturgis on our bikes. After I get back to Vegas I'm off to the Philippines to spend two or thee weeks with my girlfriend. I'm 73 and lucky to still be in good shape and financially able to do this kind of stuff. I been going to more funerals than parties lately so its time to make the best of whatever's left.
Attachments
MY TRUCK.JPG

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Re: SEMI RETIRED

Post by Carl La Fong »

Fantastic! Once I retired, I haven't looked back, except to wish I'd been more financially savvy when I was younger. Still, I have enough and that's what matters. Have a good ride to SD and give Gina a kiss........or something better, for me. Can't wait to meet her
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Congrats SQ4MN!!! :capwin: So glad to hear that you will be enjoying some time with friends, bikes and your "squeeze" be safe and have fun!!!! :thumbup:

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

CONGRATS...ALL IS WELL and LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

:canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada:
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Congrats Dave! Enjoy your new found time off, sounds like a great trip you are going on with friends. Nice rig also!

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

:yourock:
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

I'll be out your way next month with my g/f at the Westgate playing pool. If I can shake free for a bit maybe we can hook up for a quick lunch again. Was there last month for a week but was playing continuously (which was good) so didn't get out much.
2009 350/385 MBH bike
Ronald
$ite $upporter

Post by Ronald »

CONGRATULATIONS!!!, looking forward for the day I could say the same!!!

if it has a solution, why to worry? and if not, why to worry?
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

I retired 7 years ago but kept my finger in the academic world part time until 2 years ago. I just got tired and said "the hell with it" and totally quit. Am now doing a few things that cost way too much money but am having fun, the money thing is hampering my "wanna to do list" but we'll do with what we have. As has been stated earlier, wish we had been a little more retirement funds savvy earlier in life. The screwed up stock market ain't making things easier either. Oh well, head back to our small beach trailer next week and weather permitting do some trolling on the boat. Life's a bitch!!
Buck
Mikie v

Post by Mikie v »

SQ4MN congrats and good luck to you and ride safe. I retired 3 years ago at the ripe age of 48, bought a Hoss 10 months ago and enjoying every minute of it the Harley doesn't see much light anymore.
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

I also retired at 48. I planned ahead and had some investments do well, plus my pension is pretty good and my med benefits are paid up for life. 50 cent prescriptions are sweet. So all I do now is ride my bike and travel around and play pool for a cuppla bucks.
2009 350/385 MBH bike
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

Sonny wrote:I'll be out your way next month with my g/f at the Westgate playing pool. If I can shake free for a bit maybe we can hook up for a quick lunch again. Was there last month for a week but was playing continuously (which was good) so didn't get out much.
Sonny, call me when you're free here. I will be gone some but I don't know the dates. Its hotter than hell here in Vegas in August so the more I'm not here the better. I think I'll be gone for two weeks or there abouts for the Sturgis ride, then hopefully soon after I'm back its off to the Philippines for a bit.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

Money and retirement take some adjusting unless you're a lot smarter than I was. On second thought I never did have enough money so I shouldn't have as big an adjustment as I could have if I didn't just drive a truck! In all seriousness life is good and it always has been for me.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Dave...

Quick question....will that truck do 152mph???? and if so what time will it do it?? 1:52am or 1:52 PM??

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
CanuckHoss

Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

Are you kidding me?!?!
I've ridden in Dave's KW, on the road to Area 52. We were delivering alien remains that were found at Ground Zero. Don't tell anyone, it's top secret.
His rig has the super over under direct Brownie Spicer Fuller Road Grinder transmission and the triple turbocharged Schnerdley Vickers 9 cylinder semi-Diesel. Hell, we hit 152 and he didn't even have it out of 23rd gear yet.
Feet on the pedals, elbow out the window, a toothpick in his mouth and a pack of Luckies rolled up in his sleeve
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Carl La Fong wrote:Are you kidding me?!?!
I've ridden in Dave's KW, on the road to Area 52. We were delivering alien remains that were found at Ground Zero. Don't tell anyone, it's top secret.
His rig has the super over under direct Brownie Spicer Fuller Road Grinder transmission and the triple turbocharged Schnerdley Vickers 9 cylinder semi-Diesel. Hell, we hit 152 and he didn't even have it out of 23rd gear yet.
Feet on the pedals, elbow out the window, a toothpick in his mouth and a pack of Luckies rolled up in his sleeve
Feet never blew off the pedals...AWESOME...hard to believe!!!
CanuckHoss

SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

I think I'll have ski boot clasps installed on my pegs just to make sure my buggy whip legs will handle freeway speeds.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Gila

Post by Gila »

Congrates Dave ,,, have a great time ,,, I had to cancel my last trip to Vegas ,,, will be headed that way in the fall months once it cools a bit ,,, will see you then.

Mike

hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

SQ4MN wrote:I think I'll have ski boot clasps installed on my pegs just to make sure my buggy whip legs will handle freeway speeds.

Simple man, stirrups. LoL
Ponch

Post by Ponch »

Congratulations Squirm.
Its a great to be.
see ya bye
Ponch

Image...............................................Image
..Ft Myers, FL. 33905..............................................Springfield, IL. 62712
Clint44

Post by Clint44 »

Congrats on being retired,Dave,if even only semi-. Better late than never. I've got a little over three more months before I retire.(will be 62 in November) Sherry retired five years ago,at age 55. She and I plan to do a West Coast loop/ride next year and I'm sure we will make a stop in Las Vegas. Will give you a shout beforehand so hopefully we can catch up with you,then. :thumbup:
You too,John.
Clint & Sherry
2006 Boss Hoss 57 trike (sold)