Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Boss Hoss company for sale??

Post by V8Bikers »

Found this on the web - anyone want to go in as partners? :mrgreen:

http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/2015/05/29/bre ... -for-sale/

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Re: Boss Hoss company for sale??

Post by Carl La Fong »

No Nescos, now BH is for sale? I believe the end is in sight.
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

$3m in annual is an OK investment if the share price is right, if I were a younger man...
Gordon from England
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Have a lot of respect for Monte!

His vision changed my life and I
will always be grateful.
Perv

....Johnston, Iowa
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

I second what Perv said. I still have mine and love riding it. I hope if it sells that it will stay in business. Its not everybody's cup of tea but you guys that ride them understand the attraction. If it wasn't for Monte our lives would have been much different. Someone will eventually copy or make a better Nesco and the world of V8 bikes will continue. There will always be a few that just got to have one. As a business investment I think it will take someone who is more of an enthusiast then a business man to be happy with the purchase.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

I agree with Dave. A V-8 guy needs to pony up the dough and buy it. It is probably a subsistence business, enough to keep you with a decent income and all the bikes you want. Businessmen and bean counters are what's wrong with corporate America. The auto companies are the best example. When they were run by automobile men, like Henry Ford, Walter Chrysler, Charlie Nash, the Studebaker brothers, the Dodges and so on, we had quality products that real Americans could afford and be proud of. Now we have bland, beige motorized appliances with too many stupid bells and whistles.I can reach out and turn on my own headlights or wipers. Don't need a computer to do it for me.
If I can sell a few more pints of blood, I can chip in 100 bucks for the down payment
Last edited by Carl La Fong on Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

It wouldn't surprise me if one of the German guys bought in , seems like Boss Hoss is more popular there than in the US .
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Interesting comment. The Europeans definitely love the V8 bikes...trikes not so much but then the trikes sell in the US...

Hell...if I hit the $50,000,000 lotto Friday night it may be Canadian owned...
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

I'm sure it will sweeten the pot, for potential buyer, if the Nesco thing is addressed and rectified prior to an actual sale. I don't think anyone will buy it if the ability to build bikes and trikes is not in place. For many, trikes are not an option. They are seen as a compromise that is forced upon them by age or infirmity. Regular trikers are another breed. It is their first choice. Good for them. Europe is a big market and, yeah, they aren't big three wheel fans.
Get the trans back into full production and the sale will go much easier
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

:what_he_said: :kick: They are seen as a compromise that is forced upon them by age or infirmity.

ain't that the truth!!

Buck
Harris

Post by Harris »

As many of you know I don't ride a BH but do appreciate them for the well engineered piece of equipment they are. I wonder if market saturation has anything to do with the sale. Folks that own a BH probably keep them for awhile. How many V-8 owners / potential owners exist out there??? We all know here V-8 bikes aren't for everyone. How can a company like that replenish their customer base? Whatever happens I hope BH stays in business.
Harris
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Another way of looking at it is that possibly BH has grown sufficiently to BE sold. How many times have Automobile Manufactures get bought and sold? I think Monty (e)? has had a great run and is ready to get out of the game and retire while he can do everything he wants to do. From what I understand, he is no longer a people person and likes to stay in the background. What better way to do that than to retire and no longer have any worries? I am pretty sure I could retire with $5+ Mil in the bank :)
I don't see it as the end, I see it as the beginning of a new chapter
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

Trikes are what keep the v8 market alive. Trikes of any make are popular. Performance bikes are mainly for young guys. Cruiser bikes snag the older crowd. Boss Hoss and other V8 bikes mostly capture older guys because "one" young guys don't usually have that much money and they want speed but also handling, "two" there are still some older guys with money that refuse to grow up and the v8bikes work well for them. Then there are the trike guys of which some are bikers and some have never rode a bike and just plain love trikes. The v8 engine is perfect for a trike in my opinion as its the only powerplant that can give the rider a thrill when mounted in a trike. Monte doesn't have any interest in Boss Hoss and his brother in law who took it over some time ago has fucked it up. V8 Choppers will probably never put a production V8 cruiser out as they are busy selling choppers and trikes as fast as he makes them and he likes it the way it is, not bigger. We may see someone like Tom take Boss Hoss over but then again maybe no one will step to the plate, it needs a transmission to build bikes again. There are no 2015 bikes at the present time. It seems to me that if you own one of these you may own a rare motorcycle in the world of motorcycles and there might never be any more new ones. Its all a mystery that will play out in time.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Harris

Post by Harris »

I don't get the whole Nesco tranny problem. Why can't BH just use the "Fong-O-Matic"?? Made right in my home town too!! :toofunny:
Harris
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

SQ4MN wrote:Trikes are what keep the v8 market alive. Trikes of any make are popular. Performance bikes are mainly for young guys. Cruiser bikes snag the older crowd. Boss Hoss and other V8 bikes mostly capture older guys because "one" young guys don't usually have that much money and they want speed but also handling, "two" there are still some older guys with money that refuse to grow up and the v8bikes work well for them. Then there are the trike guys of which some are bikers and some have never rode a bike and just plain love trikes. The v8 engine is perfect for a trike in my opinion as its the only powerplant that can give the rider a thrill when mounted in a trike. Monte doesn't have any interest in Boss Hoss and his brother in law who took it over some time ago has fucked it up. V8 Choppers will probably never put a production V8 cruiser out as they are busy selling choppers and trikes as fast as he makes them and he likes it the way it is, not bigger. We may see someone like Tom take Boss Hoss over but then again maybe no one will step to the plate, it needs a transmission to build bikes again. There are no 2015 bikes at the present time. It seems to me that if you own one of these you may own a rare motorcycle in the world of motorcycles and there might never be any more new ones. Its all a mystery that will play out in time.
I guess I'm one of those older guys with not that much money that refuses to grow up and the Boss Hoss V8 works well for me .
Ronald
$ite $upporter

Post by Ronald »

:hmmmm:
Kind of crazy, but with the Nesco tranny, I think will be more successful if some one can make modifications to a T-350 tranny to fit a bike instead building a new tranny, yes, maybe it will have to have a shaft and no chain (lot's of bikes have it anyhow) but at the end, you have a tranny that is easy to fix, find spares anywhere and have been proved for years. I believe modifications are going to be cheaper than build a whole new tranny, but I may be completely wrong about it

if it has a solution, why to worry? and if not, why to worry?
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Well I was going to stay off this topic but can't seem to control myself so what the hell here goes ...

This is just the way I see things and I've been around BH and V8 bikes for awhile. These are just my personal observations and don't really mean shit.

1) I don't think Monty or anybody in BH really gives a shit about the bike or customer - it's a $$$ thing (not going to put any money back into rebuilding the bikes)

2) We all know about the Nesco issues and no tranny on the table that we know about for BH to continue making two wheelers.

3) Europe has been keeping BH in the profit zone for probably last 3-5 years.

4) Europe is in the process of changing standards that will have to be built into any new bike coming into the country ... BH does't meet these standards.

5) I believe BH is for sale, again my opinion only, because the well is about run dry without spending some money and building a tranny AND making the new two wheel bikes EU compliant.

I don't see anybody at BH willing to spend any money to deal with the couple major issues they face ... two wheel transmission and EU compliant product. I think he needs to sell the company or try to sell it while he still shows a profit.

There are a couple viable solutions out there ... I'm not one - I'm broke! It will take a guy that first of all cares or a HUGE ego and both above will need deep pockets.

I for one really hope BH stays around for a long time but we will all have to wait and see I suppose.
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

Ronald wrote::hmmmm:
Kind of crazy, but with the Nesco tranny, I think will be more successful if some one can make modifications to a T-350 tranny to fit a bike instead building a new tranny, yes, maybe it will have to have a shaft and no chain (lot's of bikes have it anyhow) but at the end, you have a tranny that is easy to fix, find spares anywhere and have been proved for years. I believe modifications are going to be cheaper than build a whole new tranny, but I may be completely wrong about it
The Vanquish Powerglide can be made to work in a BH, but it is a frighteningly expensive modification. Shaft drive poses it's own set of problems with rear end jacking as the pinion climbs the ring gear.
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

TOM at MOUNTAIN has a trans that will work on a Boss Hoss. From what I understand it still needs a little work to retrofit into a Boss Hoss but it will probably get done eventually. I see that trans being the savior of the bikes that are still out there, but the cost will probably be high. If ANYBODY buys the Boss Hoss company they will have many problems and will need deep pockets to build two wheel motorcycles again. It would be just as easy to not buy Boss Hoss and take the money that would be used for that purchase and use it to design a frame, tanks and fender and another trans. It will be expensive and in the end will probably not turn a profit. The biggest chance of a SAVE for the BH company is a guy like TOM from Mountain buying it, he is one of the oldest dealers, has money, knows and understands the realities of of the business but I doubt he will buy it, its just a thought. For us guys that have these bikes its going to be interesting to see what happens. I think that those if us with the older bikes have an advantage in that they are simple, no computers etc so are easier to keep running. In reality the only thing that is a MAJOR problem is the transmission and I think someone will make a replacement eventually. Maybe that will come from europe, who knows, but my bet is it will happen.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

Don,
I feel like I have written your post.
As a business investment the Boss Hoss Company is a dead horse.
The only chance to keep it going is that somebody steps in who has lots of money left over and a ton of ethusiasm.
Peter
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

502wingman wrote:Don,
I feel like I have written your post.
As a business investment the Boss Hoss Company is a dead horse.
The only chance to keep it going is that somebody steps in who has lots of money left over and a ton of ethusiasm.
Peter

Peter -

I guess the saying "great minds think alike" is true then my friend! Hope you guys are doing well.

Don
:germany: :usa:
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

NEWS FLASH: There is some guy named Ben Daniels that is interested in buying it, the name will be changed to SABER HOSS and it will have a 6 speed transmission.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

SQ4MN wrote:NEWS FLASH: There is some guy named Ben Daniels that is interested in buying it, the name will be changed to SABER HOSS and it will have a 6 speed transmission.

"News Flash" Dave or speculation?? just wondering
CanuckHoss

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

CanuckHoss wrote:
SQ4MN wrote:NEWS FLASH: There is some guy named Ben Daniels that is interested in buying it, the name will be changed to SABER HOSS and it will have a 6 speed transmission.

Ben Daniels owns Sabertooth. He is the guy that makes all these wondrous claims and promises yet delivers nothing ... ever.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

petitemoose wrote:
CanuckHoss wrote:

Ben Daniels owns Sabertooth. He is the guy that makes all these wondrous claims and promises yet delivers nothing ... ever.
Yes I knew that...actually followed them through the years...if he is still at it he definitely has money...guys have been pretty hard on him for not coming forth yet with a production bike but I give him the benefit of the doubt.

I am pretty sure Dave is not posting this on speculation but asked anyways...
CanuckHoss