Not Sure how to react

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
petitemoose

Not Sure how to react

Post by petitemoose »

HAD to clean the bike yesterday. After being ridden in the rain 4 or 5 times, it starts looking neglected LoL. While cleaning the rear rim, I came across something I had never seen before. Somebody had taken the time to form their chewed gum into a nice little tight ball and stuck it to the inside edge of the rear rim. This is a 300 series rim so it is wide. It took dedicated effort to place this there. While i CAN see the humor in it had it been done by a friend, I do not believe that it was. The gum was not dry and i am sure that if it had been there since March, it would be.
That leads me to believe that somebody did this recently. It wasn't hard to remove and left no traces other than the feeling that somebody blatantly disrespected me and my property. I am sure that had I walked up to the placement in action, It would not have been a laughing matter. After the fact, I can allow some humor but it still does not make me a happy camper.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Re: Not Sure how to react

Post by CanuckHoss »

Balls of steel?? Or just fucking stupid?? I believe stupid!!!

My incident at the Speedway this year turned out good considering one of the dumb asses was prepared to get physical.

Don's incident at the Show at Destination Daytona could have been nasty...that guy was an asshole!!

There is no respect for other peoples property these days...

The guy who bought the Green Willys trike from me was showing me his elaborate alarm system he had installed the other day...just may have to put one on the '57 trike
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

petitemoose wrote:HAD to clean the bike yesterday. After being ridden in the rain 4 or 5 times, it starts looking neglected LoL. While cleaning the rear rim, I came across something I had never seen before. Somebody had taken the time to form their chewed gum into a nice little tight ball and stuck it to the inside edge of the rear rim. This is a 300 series rim so it is wide. It took dedicated effort to place this there. While i CAN see the humor in it had it been done by a friend, I do not believe that it was. The gum was not dry and i am sure that if it had been there since March, it would be.
That leads me to believe that somebody did this recently. It wasn't hard to remove and left no traces other than the feeling that somebody blatantly disrespected me and my property. I am sure that had I walked up to the placement in action, It would not have been a laughing matter. After the fact, I can allow some humor but it still does not make me a happy camper.
You ought to feel lucky it was only gum;
Several years back I rode my Boss to a Chili's restaurant for a few drinks with a friend visiting from LA. While there, my friend gets into an argument with a leprechaun sitting next to him at the bar, the leprechaun storms-out and leaves. Two hours later when I mount me my bike to leave I discover that that fucking leprechaun took a damn claw hammer to my fuel tank, knocked 2 bloody holes into the right-side.

Yes, he was a leprechaun. He was short, ugly, and actually wearing a green top-hat, green vest and jacket, looked like something from one of those horror leprechaun movies; it was not St Pats day either, the weird mother fucker dressed that way intentionally.
I'm not from there, I do go visit occasionally to search for that bastard leprechaun

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Drink when you're thirsty
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

WANTED.....
Attachments
image.jpg

mdwdvm

Post by mdwdvm »

I guess I'm fortunate that all I've had to deal with is idiots sitting on my bike to get their picture and not vandalism. Regardless, I've gotten fed up with the stupid picture sitters........so on my new-to-me big block I've installed a Scorpio alarm with a perimeter sensor. It acts like most alarms with regard to the tilt/shock type of trigger, but the perimeter sensor detects motion around the bike. With the 'sensitivity' set at almost the lowest point you can walk around the bike and look closely, but if you wave your hand over the seat or start to throw a leg it triggers the warning and then the alarm if they don't back away. With my luck now the idiots who try to throw a leg over will probably be startled and scratch the paint getting away from it, but at least it'll draw attention.
Last edited by mdwdvm on Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Wallace - Watertown, MN
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Petite my first thought is a kid did it. You have a son-right? I would sit back and watch his friends to see if any of them chew gum. :mrgreen:

mdwdvm

Post by mdwdvm »

Iron Maiden wrote:I would sit back and watch his friends to see if any of them chew gum. :mrgreen:
Hey, isn't that profiling?!?!?
Mike Wallace - Watertown, MN
Hanginon

Post by Hanginon »

petitemoose wrote:HAD to clean the bike yesterday. After being ridden in the rain 4 or 5 times, it starts looking neglected LoL. While cleaning the rear rim, I came across something I had never seen before. Somebody had taken the time to form their chewed gum into a nice little tight ball and stuck it to the inside edge of the rear rim. This is a 300 series rim so it is wide. It took dedicated effort to place this there. While i CAN see the humor in it had it been done by a friend, I do not believe that it was. The gum was not dry and i am sure that if it had been there since March, it would be.
Moose,
I seen a t-shirt this weekend at Leesburg bikefest that I should have bought for both of us....

"DUE TO THE HIGH COST OF AMMO,
I DO NOT FIRE A WARNING SHOT"

perhaps it's creator sums up their reaction to absurdity
:poke:
"It ain't over till the secondaries open"!!!
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Hanginon wrote:
Moose,
I seen a t-shirt this weekend at Leesburg bikefest that I should have bought for both of us....

LoL I got myself that shirt last Christmas and sent one just like it to my Brother In Law in Texas. My sister was less than thrilled :)
Mine has a ring of Politeness to it as on the back it says, " Thank you for understanding "
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Hanginon

Post by Hanginon »

petitemoose wrote:
Hanginon wrote:
Moose,

LoL I got myself that shirt last Christmas and sent one just like it to my Brother In Law in Texas. My sister was less than thrilled :)
Mine has a ring of Politeness to it as on the back it says, " Thank you for understanding "
:rofl: Love it Moose! Sometimes political correctness is "bitter sweet" LOL!! I'm surrounded by conservatives so I relish the moments the NRA magazines show up! And of course I don't mind being polite and offering one up for good reading material... hate to be rude n not share...
"It ain't over till the secondaries open"!!!